Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: I accidentally installed "RegataOS" - how to back to OpenSUSE ?

  1. #1

    Question I accidentally installed "RegataOS" - how to back to OpenSUSE ?

    Hello,
    I today installed WPS Office from this One-Click Install: https://software.opensuse.org/ymp/ho...ery=wps-office
    After reboot I see, that GRUB shows me "RegataOS 19" intead of "OpenSuse". In RegataOS are different theme, font, Brazilian language as default and other strange things. I want to back to openSuse.
    I removed home:regataos repository in Yast but after reboot still it's "RagataOS".


    It's any way to unistall this **** to go back to openSuse Leap 15 without format? Please help me.

  2. #2

    Default Re: I accidentally installed "RegataOS" - how to back to OpenSUSE ?

    I did not understand how RegataOS appeared to you ... did you try to update the grub?

    Code:
    su - -c 'grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg'
    ------------------------------------
    Correct me if I'm wrong .
    ------------------------------------

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    27,792
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: I accidentally installed "RegataOS" - how to back to OpenSUSE ?

    Hi
    Ensure the 'home' user repo is gone, then do a zypper dup --from repo-oss to restore all the files.....

    The wps-office is closed source binary file, just go to their website and grab the tarball, extract and use as your user.
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  4. #4

    Default Re: I accidentally installed "RegataOS" - how to back to OpenSUSE ?

    Quote Originally Posted by enziosavio View Post
    I did not understand how RegataOS appeared to you ... did you try to update the grub?

    Code:
    su - -c 'grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg'
    I intalled WPS Office from this page -> https://software.opensuse.org/packag...earch_term=wps
    but I chose by mistake this version:


    After restarting, openSuse has been changed to RegataOS :/



    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi
    Ensure the 'home' user repo is gone, then do a zypper dup --from repo-oss to restore all the files.....

    The wps-office is closed source binary file, just go to their website and grab the tarball, extract and use as your user.
    Not works, still "RegataOS".

  5. #5

    Default Re: I accidentally installed "RegataOS" - how to back to OpenSUSE ?

    Now I understand ... not to have understood

    Delete the repository and zypper dup
    ------------------------------------
    Correct me if I'm wrong .
    ------------------------------------

  6. #6

    Default Re: I accidentally installed "RegataOS" - how to back to OpenSUSE ?

    Quote Originally Posted by enziosavio View Post
    Now I understand ... not to have understood

    Delete the repository and zypper dup
    I removed home:regataOS repository and I did "zypper dup". Some parts of this system have been removed, but it is still RegataOS



    There is list of all my repositories in YaST:

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    27,792
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: I accidentally installed "RegataOS" - how to back to OpenSUSE ?

    Hi
    Do a search with zypper for any regata left over packages...

    Code:
    zypper se -i regata
    Or use YaST software and select the @System ones to see if any are still from that repository and remove as required. This time, watch what the system is telling you about what it is going to do

    You also need to disable the Tumbleweed packman repository, that's just asking for further trouble.
    Last edited by malcolmlewis; 05-Jan-2019 at 13:27.
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  8. #8

    Default Re: I accidentally installed "RegataOS" - how to back to OpenSUSE ?

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi
    Do a search with zypper for any regata left over packages...

    Code:
    zypper se -i regata
    Or use YaST software and select the @System ones to see if any are still from that repository and remove as required. This time, watch what the system is telling you about what it is going to do

    You also need to disable the Tumbleweed packman repository, that's just asking for further trouble.
    In Yast Software @System I have not found any RegataOS repositores

    zypper se -i regata:


    This is as "product", not "package", so I don't know how to remove it.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    154

    Default Re: I accidentally installed "RegataOS" - how to back to OpenSUSE ?

    A product is just a group of packages.

    Did you already try "sudo zypper remove regata"? That should work.

  10. #10

    Default Re: I accidentally installed "RegataOS" - how to back to OpenSUSE ?

    Quote Originally Posted by marel View Post
    A product is just a group of packages.

    Did you already try "sudo zypper remove regata"? That should work.
    sudo zypper remove regata
    regata not found :/

    I tried to find name of this by clicking TAB, but there is no result

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •