Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: I uninstalled yast2 accidenttly

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Montréal. Canada
    Posts
    94

    Default I uninstalled yast2 accidenttly

    I manage to reinstall it with yast. It wont start from the menu but i can launch it from a console. But a got this message:

    QStandardPaths: wrong ownership on runtime directory /run/user/1000, 1000 instead of 0

    And i do not know how to fix this.
    Hard times create strong men,
    Strong men create good times,
    Good times create weak men,
    Weak men create hard times.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicago suburbs
    Posts
    12,608
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: I uninstalled yast2 accidenttly

    Quote Originally Posted by Asimov View Post
    But a got this message:

    QStandardPaths: wrong ownership on runtime directory /run/user/1000, 1000 instead of 0
    I get that message. It doesn't seem to cause any problems. Just ignore the message.
    openSUSE Leap 15.1; KDE Plasma 5;
    testing Leap 15.2Alpha

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    17,054

    Default Re: I uninstalled yast2 accidenttly

    On Tue, 01 Jan 2019 15:56:03 +0000, Asimov wrote:

    > I manage to reinstall it with yast. It wont start from the menu but i
    > can launch it from a console. But a got this message:
    >
    > QStandardPaths: wrong ownership on runtime directory /run/user/1000,
    > 1000 instead of 0
    >
    > And i do not know how to fix this.


    If you uninstalled it, you can use zypper to reinstall it.

    What is the output from:

    Code:
    rpm -qa | grep -i yast
    ?


    --
    Jim Henderson
    openSUSE Forums Administrator
    Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Montréal. Canada
    Posts
    94

    Default Re: I uninstalled yast2 accidenttly

    Quote Originally Posted by hendersj View Post
    On Tue, 01 Jan 2019 15:56:03 +0000, Asimov wrote:

    > I manage to reinstall it with yast. It wont start from the menu but i
    > can launch it from a console. But a got this message:
    >
    > QStandardPaths: wrong ownership on runtime directory /run/user/1000,
    > 1000 instead of 0
    >
    > And i do not know how to fix this.


    If you uninstalled it, you can use zypper to reinstall it.

    What is the output from:

    Code:
    rpm -qa | grep -i yast
    ?


    --
    Jim Henderson
    openSUSE Forums Administrator
    Forum Use Terms & Conditions at http://tinyurl.com/openSUSE-T-C
    i already done it with zypper. I can launch it from a terminal. But i can not launch it from the Plasma's menu.
    Hard times create strong men,
    Strong men create good times,
    Good times create weak men,
    Weak men create hard times.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    25,124

    Default Re: I uninstalled yast2 accidenttly

    Quote Originally Posted by Asimov View Post
    i already done it with zypper. I can launch it from a terminal. But i can not launch it from the Plasma's menu.
    Specialy when it is about a GUI interface, where nobody here can see what you do and see, detailed description is needed to give others any idea about your problem.

    Isn't the item in the Plasma menu at all?
    Is it there but when you click on it YaST is not started?
    Henk van Velden

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    19,841
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: I uninstalled yast2 accidenttly

    Quote Originally Posted by Asimov View Post
    i already done it with zypper. I can launch it from a terminal. But i can not launch it from the Plasma's menu.
    Please provide the output asked for. Installing 'yast' is not enough.
    Plus, show
    Code:
    rpm -qa | grep yast2
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

    ° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

    https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board#Members
    http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Montréal. Canada
    Posts
    94

    Default Re: I uninstalled yast2 accidenttly

    Quote Originally Posted by hcvv View Post
    Specialy when it is about a GUI interface, where nobody here can see what you do and see, detailed description is needed to give others any idea about your problem.

    Isn't the item in the Plasma menu at all?
    Is it there but when you click on it YaST is not started?
    Yes, Yast is visible in the menu. But a can not lunch it from the menu. I have to open a terminal and write yast2 to have it.
    Hard times create strong men,
    Strong men create good times,
    Good times create weak men,
    Weak men create hard times.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,551

    Talking Re: I uninstalled yast2 accidenttly

    @Asimov:

    You'll need at least the following YaST packages:
    • yast2
    • yast2-add-on
    • yast2-alternatives
    • yast2-control-center
    • yast2-control-center-qt
    • yast2-core
    • yast2-packager
    • yast2-pam
    • yast2-perl-bindings
    • yast2-pkg-bindings
    • yast2-ruby-bindings
    • yast2-services-manager
    • yast2-sudo
    • yast2-transfer
    • yast2-update
    • yast2-x11
    • yast2-xml
    • yast2-ycp-ui-bindings
    • yast2_basis

    Once those packages are installed, you should be able to use the following Patterns to pull in the rest of the YaST environment:
    • patterns-yast-yast2_basis
    • patterns-yast-x11_yast
    • patterns-kde-kde_yast

    You may also need:


    • autoyast2-installation

  9. #9

    Default Re: I uninstalled yast2 accidenttly

    Hi,

    The file
    Code:
    /var/log/zypp/history
    Which is owned by the root user, might be a good start if you want to look for the packages that has been removed.
    (Just replace the remove with install to find out which packages got installed.)

    NOTE: The code below assumes that you're using the default shell which is bash.

    For example If you want to look for the packages that has been remove today, a filter can be used (pattern matching)
    Code:
    grep "$(date -d'now' '+%F').*|remove" /var/log/zypp/history
    From the last three days.

    Code:
    grep "$(date -d'3days ago' '+%F').*|remove" /var/log/zypp/history
    From last month.
    Code:
    grep "$(date -d'last month' '+%F').*|remove" /var/log/zypp/history
    Since GNU date is being used in the above code, I suggest you look at the info pages for more info about some examples on which words/syntax is accepted when searching for date.

    Code:
    info date
    It's a "GNU thing" so don't ask me why info pages and not man pages.

    When searching for just the package name which has been removed. Like for example you want to search for the word yast ANY WHERE in the package name.
    (Just replace the remove with install to do the opposite.)

    Code:
    grep ".*|remove[[:space:]]*|.*yast" /var/log/zypp/history

    Note that grep is using BRE by default unless you tell it to use ERE but that is another story.
    See
    Code:
    man 7 regex
    Code:
    grep --help
    Code:
    man grep
    for more info about BRE, and btw if I'm not mistaken Leap 15.0 does not come with the Linux man pages so you might need to install the package
    Code:
    man-pages
    and
    Code:
    man-pages-posix
    "Unfortunately time is always against us" -- [Morpheus]

    .:https://github.com/Jetchisel:.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Montréal. Canada
    Posts
    94

    Default Re: I uninstalled yast2 accidenttly

    Quote Originally Posted by dcurtisfra View Post
    @Asimov:

    You'll need at least the following YaST packages:
    • yast2
    • yast2-add-on
    • yast2-alternatives
    • yast2-control-center
    • yast2-control-center-qt
    • yast2-core
    • yast2-packager
    • yast2-pam
    • yast2-perl-bindings
    • yast2-pkg-bindings
    • yast2-ruby-bindings
    • yast2-services-manager
    • yast2-sudo
    • yast2-transfer
    • yast2-update
    • yast2-x11
    • yast2-xml
    • yast2-ycp-ui-bindings
    • yast2_basis

    Once those packages are installed, you should be able to use the following Patterns to pull in the rest of the YaST environment:
    • patterns-yast-yast2_basis
    • patterns-yast-x11_yast
    • patterns-kde-kde_yast

    You may also need:


    • autoyast2-installation
    I did all the reinstallation. But i have the feeling that my menu is set on a broken link. Can you tell me the directory of the binary ?
    Hard times create strong men,
    Strong men create good times,
    Good times create weak men,
    Weak men create hard times.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •