Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Specific wifi network does not work

Default Re: Specific wifi network does not work

I'll try doing it in a more bottom up fashion..
    What I've found is while I can ping to the router's ip address, I cannot visit it's admin page in any browser on this pc.(while I can from others including windows on the same device)
    Not even in text w3m.

I've been saying a lot of different things that seemingly do not exactly pinpoint what the problem is.
    I'll diagnose and report back when I find the root of the problem.

I logged into the admin page from another device and found that in the user device information, the device status for the problematic device shows online just for a few seconds after I connect and then shows offline thereafter. Other connected devices show online till connected.

This may be a shot in the dark, but if you have a 802.11ac wifi card, they sometimes have problems communicating with APs with large bandwidths. A 40MHz bandwidth on 2.4GHz or 80MHz on 5GHz will often times cause connectivity problems. Set your router to a narrower bandwidth or have it auto-adjust the bandwidth if capable and see if it helps. Alternately, you can also try changing the protocol on the AP. I had an issue very similar to this, and it turned out the bandwidth on the AP was the problem.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123