Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: yast>software repositories do not allow to edit repository name

  1. #1

    Default yast>software repositories do not allow to edit repository name

    I don't know if it is related but I installed luckybackup 0.5.0 by one click install, now, I cannot edit the ropository from I installed luckybackup.
    I select it, press edit, edit the name, click OK but nothin is edited and the name remain as it was.
    any suggestion?? :-)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    1,674

    Default Re: yast>software repositories do not allow to edit repository name

    Try as superuser (su -):
    Code:
    zypper renamerepo <alias|name|#|URI> <new-alias>
    Main: Leap 15 Gnome on i7 4720HQ + Geforce GTX960M
    Test: Leap 42.3 (& others) on Core2Duo + GM965

  3. #3

    Default Re: yast>software repositories do not allow to edit repository name

    Quote Originally Posted by OrsoBruno View Post
    Try as superuser (su -):
    Code:
    zypper renamerepo <alias|name|#|URI> <new-alias>
    manythanks orsobruno, yes, as superuser I can change the alias with
    Code:
    zypper renamerepo http-download.opensuse.org-62b10c67 home:/luckyb69
    and the name with
    Code:
    pla-3-TW:/home/pla # zypper mr -n "home:/luckyb69(luckybackup)" 14
    ...but there is something like a bug or a setting that continues to not allow me to edit the name by yast
    ciao, pier :-)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicago suburbs
    Posts
    12,486
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: yast>software repositories do not allow to edit repository name

    Quote Originally Posted by pier_andreit View Post
    manythanks orsobruno, yes, as superuser I can change the alias with
    Code:
    zypper renamerepo http-download.opensuse.org-62b10c67 home:/luckyb69
    and the name with
    Code:
    pla-3-TW:/home/pla # zypper mr -n "home:/luckyb69(luckybackup)" 14
    ...but there is something like a bug or a setting that continues to not allow me to edit the name by yast
    ciao, pier :-)
    I can confirm that Yast Software Repositories allows me to change the name, but it doesn't actually change the name. So, yes, there's a bug there. It's not a bug that particularly worries me.
    openSUSE Leap 15.1; KDE Plasma 5;
    testing Leap 15.2Alpha

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    7

    Default Re: yast>software repositories do not allow to edit repository name

    More concerning is this effect both Opensuse Leap 15 and SUSE Enterprise Server 15 as well.

    I have the games repo enabled on SLES 15 (because why not) and during the time of install there was only the downlaod.opensuse.org/repositories/games/SLE_12_SP3 repo. Now that got nuked form high orbit and SLE_15 is avalible. Sadly no matter what i do in YAST, it will not change the repo URL at all.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    26,654
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: yast>software repositories do not allow to edit repository name

    Quote Originally Posted by Mir_ppc View Post
    More concerning is this effect both Opensuse Leap 15 and SUSE Enterprise Server 15 as well.

    I have the games repo enabled on SLES 15 (because why not) and during the time of install there was only the downlaod.opensuse.org/repositories/games/SLE_12_SP3 repo. Now that got nuked form high orbit and SLE_15 is avalible. Sadly no matter what i do in YAST, it will not change the repo URL at all.
    Hi
    I imagine it's the zypper 'service' your seeing... the zypper 'service' is one level up...

    Check the output from;
    Code:
    zypper lr
    zypper ls
    Last edited by Fraser_Bell; 29-Jan-2019 at 21:38. Reason: Fix code tags
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    7

    Default Re: yast>software repositories do not allow to edit repository name

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi
    I imagine it's the zypper 'service' your seeing... the zypper 'service' is one level up...

    Check the output from;
    Code:
    zypper lr
    zypper ls
    Doing that showed that none of the changes i implemented in YAST> Software Repositories took hold. Editing the repos manually with an editor did.

    Bug report filed:
    https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1123610
    Last edited by Fraser_Bell; 29-Jan-2019 at 21:39. Reason: Fix code tags

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •