Thread: How to make available multiple binary packages from single source package?

Default How to make available multiple binary packages from single source package?

Many Debian source packages provide more than one binary package. What is the best way to make all the binary packages provided by one source package available for public download? It seems to me that I have to re-add the same source package multiple times, or else require users that want to download it to have an account here. When a single source package is built, it will actually build all the binary packages and they can be downloaded, but not through the mechanism that allows you to download without having an account here.

On a secondary note, why are accounts required to download package sources? It seems to be just a way to inflate account creation, and I find it frustrating.

Blog Entries

Default Re: How to make available multiple binary packages from singlesource package?

On Sun 23 Dec 2018 05:56:03 AM CST, VA1DER wrote:

On a secondary note, why are accounts required to download package
    sources? It seems to be just a way to inflate account creation, and I
    find it frustrating.
    Hi
    Not that, helps reduce the load on the API.... use osc getbinaries then
    will pull login information from your oscrc.

--
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SLES 15 | GNOME Shell 3.26.2 | 4.12.14-25.25-default
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

Blog Entries

Default Re: How to make available multiple binary packages from single source package?

Quote Originally Posted by VA1DER View Post
    Many Debian source packages provide more than one binary package. What is the best way to make all the binary packages provided by one source package available for public download? It seems to me that I have to re-add the same source package multiple times, or else require users that want to download it to have an account here. When a single source package is built, it will actually build all the binary packages and they can be downloaded, but not through the mechanism that allows you to download without having an account here.
    Hi
    Maybe you have not enabled 'publish' for your builds so it creates a public download repository?

Do you have a project link?
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE

Default Re: How to make available multiple binary packages from single source package?

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Maybe you have not enabled 'publish' for your builds so it creates a public download repository?
    The project is just a backport of OpenSSL 1.1.1a to Debian 8 (with a few other targets selected). I originally added one package, just called openssl for the source package. That source package creates several binary packages, but the only binary package available through the download package link is the actual openssl binary package. The rest of the binary packages successfully built, but to download them you have to have a login.

How do I publish it so everything built from that one source package is available to download without a login?

Thanks.

Blog Entries

The project is just a backport of OpenSSL 1.1.1a to Debian 8 (with a few other targets selected). I originally added one package, just called openssl for the source package. That source package creates several binary packages, but the only binary package available through the download package link is the actual openssl binary package. The rest of the binary packages successfully built, but to download them you have to have a login.

How do I publish it so everything built from that one source package is available to download without a login?

Thanks.
    Hi
    Everything looks like it's published now? I know there were issues with one of the backends, also home repositories take lowest priority, so publishing can take sometime depending on OBS load, it's just a waiting game...

I guess I'm not explaining this well.

I want to make all the binary packages built from a single source package available for download for users without needing an OBS login account. Currently for a source package that produces more than one binary package, only one of the resulting binary packages is made available for download

The example I gave is OpenSSL. I created the OpenSSL project with a package, also called openssl that you can see here. You can see this is a single Debian source package. If you click on the Debian 8 link, you will see all the binary packages produced from that build, but you can't actually download them unless you have an OBS account. The only other way to download is to click 'download package', but then only one of the resultant binary packages is available, namely openssl_1.1.1a-1~bpo80.obs.<arch>.deb. You can't also get libssl1.1, libssl-dev, libssl-doc, etc which were all produced from the same package build.

If I want to make those packages available to a user without requiring an OBS login, I have to duplicate the same source package four different times, each time the build system builds all four binary packages each time. This is a tremendous waste of resources for OBS and a waste of time for me having to duplicate the same source package into four different OBS packages.

So, is there a way to make all the binary package products from a single OBS package build made available for public download without requiring an OBS login?

Blog Entries

I guess I'm not explaining this well.

I want to make all the binary packages built from a single source package available for download for users without needing an OBS login account. Currently for a source package that produces more than one binary package, only one of the resulting binary packages is made available for download

The example I gave is OpenSSL. I created the OpenSSL project with a package, also called openssl that you can see here. You can see this is a single Debian source package. If you click on the Debian 8 link, you will see all the binary packages produced from that build, but you can't actually download them unless you have an OBS account. The only other way to download is to click 'download package', but then only one of the resultant binary packages is available, namely openssl_1.1.1a-1~bpo80.obs.<arch>.deb. You can't also get libssl1.1, libssl-dev, libssl-doc, etc which were all produced from the same package build.

If I want to make those packages available to a user without requiring an OBS login, I have to duplicate the same source package four different times, each time the build system builds all four binary packages each time. This is a tremendous waste of resources for OBS and a waste of time for me having to duplicate the same source package into four different OBS packages.

So, is there a way to make all the binary package products from a single OBS package build made available for public download without requiring an OBS login?
    Hi
    Your not seeing the link it's at the top called "Go to download repository", which leads here;

https://download.opensuse.org/reposi...SSL/Debian_9.0

Up a level to see them all;
    https://download.opensuse.org/reposi...1DER:/OpenSSL/

This is the public access, the Repository State page is for you or other OBS users who wish to download over the WEB UI.
    Last edited by malcolmlewis; 25-Dec-2018 at 21:34.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Your not seeing the link it's at the top called "Go to download repository", which leads here;
    Ahhh! Thank-you! Yes, I totally missed that link. That's exactly what I'm looking for. Sorry for the carefully worded misunderstandings. lol

Appreciate the help.