Thread: Panel widgets misbehaving

Default Panel widgets misbehaving

For some time now i have been experiencing an intermittent issue with some panel widgets ... namely 'Window List' and 'Application Menu' (the one based on cascading pop-up menus, which is my preferred out of the four choices of 'application widgets' available.)

The annoying behaviour is that they refuse to 'pop up' .. remaining dormant when clicked upon. This has a great impact upon my workflow as i use both the 'Window List' and 'Application Menu' heavily to navigate across my four Monitors, four Desktops and five Activites .. as can be imagined! There is just one instance of Panel .. it resides across the bottom of my default Monitor. From memory i chose the 'Default Panel' when intially creating it .. adding my own widgets, but i have since deleted it and tried the others ... without success in flushing out this issue.

I have a similar environment on my laptop (obviously only one Monitor) .. but it does not suffer from this affliction!! I gather that this issue then is to do with my Desktop installation, but i have deleted and recreated activites, panels and recycled to past system images, without being able to shake this behavioural anomaly!!

I would be indebt to anybody who can help me get rid of this annoyance and time wasting inconvence.

Thanks in advance.

As an addenedum: When this issue is active the behaviour is that when clicking on the widget the focus cycles between the widget and the last ative window ... instead of poping up the Widge itself!!
    openSUSE Leap 15.1 | KDE Plasma 5.12.8 | Frameworks 5.55.0 | Qt 5.9.7 | Kernel 4.12.14-lp151.27-default | Procs 4 x i5-2500 CPU @ 3.3.GHz | 15.6 GiB RAM | 4 Monitors

Default Re: Panel widgets misbehaving

In addition ... this just appeared on my default monitor. Hopefully it throws some light on the issue:

openSUSE Leap 15.1 | KDE Plasma 5.12.8 | Frameworks 5.55.0 | Qt 5.9.7 | Kernel 4.12.14-lp151.27-default | Procs 4 x i5-2500 CPU @ 3.3.GHz | 15.6 GiB RAM | 4 Monitors