i¯m trying to start postgrest for the first time.

I know that a need to do some configuration. I think it was possible with Yast. But i do not remember how.

You can start postgresql by simply starting the server service

systemctl start postgresql

openSUSE maintainers generally provide you with most common defaults as a starting point.
Modify as you wish.

TSU

i tried that

sinatra@t-bird:~> systemctl start postgresql
Job for postgresql.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
See "systemctl  status postgresql.service" and "journalctl  -xe" for details.
sinatra@t-bird:~> ^C
sinatra@t-bird:~> journalctl  -xe
Hint: You are currently not seeing messages from other users and the system.
      Users in the 'systemd-journal' group can see all messages. Pass -q to
      turn off this notice.

I had ro cut the listing of the command : "systemctl
Because it was too long.

I tried to start postgrest with the service manager of Yast, too. But without success.

Starting as root with

su -l

shows?

in sudo mode
this

**t-bird:~ #** systemctl start postgresql
Job for postgresql.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
See "systemctl  status postgresql.service" and "journalctl  -xe" for details.
**t-bird:~ #**

when a tried the service manager of Yast. That the log error.

● postgresql.service - PostgreSQL database server   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/postgresql.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Thu 2018-11-22 12:16:46 EST; 1min 33s ago

ᓄᕕ 22 12:16:46 t-bird systemd[1]: Starting PostgreSQL database server...
ᓄᕕ 22 12:16:46 t-bird postgresql-script[2311]:  Your database files were created by PostgreSQL version 9.4.
ᓄᕕ 22 12:16:46 t-bird postgresql-script[2311]:  Could not find executables for this version.
ᓄᕕ 22 12:16:46 t-bird postgresql-script[2311]:  Please install the PostgreSQL server package for version 9.4. 
ᓄᕕ 22 12:16:46 t-bird systemd[1]: postgresql.service: Control process exited, code=exited status=1
ᓄᕕ 22 12:16:46 t-bird systemd[1]: Failed to start PostgreSQL database server.
ᓄᕕ 22 12:16:46 t-bird systemd[1]: postgresql.service: Unit entered failed state.
ᓄᕕ 22 12:16:46 t-bird systemd[1]: postgresql.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

but went i check with the software manager, i got every package install. Maybe i got too much because it seem that i have now 2 versions now since my upgrade to Leap 15. I got the 10 and the 9.6.8 version

So the error is shown:

ᓄᕕ 22 12:16:46 t-bird postgresql-script[2311]: Your database files were created by PostgreSQL version 9.4.
ᓄᕕ 22 12:16:46 t-bird postgresql-script[2311]: Could not find executables for this version.
ᓄᕕ 22 12:16:46 t-bird postgresql-script[2311]: Please install the PostgreSQL server package for version 9.4.

I removed the 10 version and force a reinstall of all progrest rpm.

Failed again …

● postgresql.service - PostgreSQL database server   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/postgresql.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Thu 2018-11-22 12:29:14 EST; 26min ago
ᓄᕕ 22 12:29:14 t-bird systemd[1]: Starting PostgreSQL database server...ᓄᕕ 22 12:29:14 t-bird systemd[1]: postgresql.service: Control process exited, code=exited status=1ᓄᕕ 22 12:29:14 t-bird systemd[1]: Failed to start PostgreSQL database server.ᓄᕕ 22 12:29:14 t-bird systemd[1]: postgresql.service: Unit entered failed state.ᓄᕕ 22 12:29:14 t-bird systemd[1]: postgresql.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

I think the error message was pretty clear…
Your database files are PostgreSQL 9 and you installed PostgreSQL 10.

So,
Uninstall your postgresql10 packages with something like

zypper rm 'postgres*'

And install PostgreSQL 9 with something like

zypper in postgresql9

You should then be able to start your postgresql successfully by the following command and if unsuccessful will display a reason for the failure (you can post the result if you don’t understand the problem)

systemctl start postgresql
systemctl status postgresql

This assumes you’re installing PostgreSQL from your OSS.

TSU

Has i had state in my last message… It’s was already done. The version 10 have been removed and the 9 one had a force reinstall with Yast. all without success. But when i try to start the program with the service manager. I have this weird error.

**ᓄᕕ 22 12:16:46 t-bird postgresql-script[2311]: Your database files were created by PostgreSQL version 9.4.

The install version is 9.6.8**

i had purge my computer from any rpm with any postgresql name in it. done a full reinstall of postgresql. Same problems

**t-bird:/home/sinatra #** systemctl status postgresql
**●** postgresql.service - PostgreSQL database server
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/postgresql.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
   Active: **failed** (Result: exit-code) since Thu 2018-11-22 16:09:20 EST; 30s ago
  Process: 16379 ExecStart=/usr/share/postgresql/postgresql-script start **(code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)**

ᓄᕕ 22 16:09:20 t-bird systemd[1]: Starting PostgreSQL database server...
ᓄᕕ 22 16:09:20 t-bird postgresql-script[16379]:  Your database files were created by PostgreSQL version 9.4.
ᓄᕕ 22 16:09:20 t-bird postgresql-script[16379]:  Could not find executables for this version.
ᓄᕕ 22 16:09:20 t-bird postgresql-script[16379]:  Please install the PostgreSQL server package for version 9.4.
ᓄᕕ 22 16:09:20 t-bird systemd[1]: **postgresql.service: Control process exited, code=exited status=1**
ᓄᕕ 22 16:09:20 t-bird systemd[1]: **Failed to start PostgreSQL database server.**
ᓄᕕ 22 16:09:20 t-bird systemd[1]: **postgresql.service: Unit entered failed state.**
ᓄᕕ 22 16:09:20 t-bird systemd[1]: **postgresql.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.**

Try re-installing PostgreSQL from the following… It seems to be the basic server plus a good number of add-ons you probably won’t be using.
If it doesn’t work, post again and I’ll look further…

https://software.opensuse.org/package/postgresql94-osml10n

TSU

Here is a “normal” PostgreSQL 9.4

First, add the repo

zypper ar -f http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/server:/database/openSUSE_Leap_15.0/ Server:database:

Then, you should be able to see your available packages

zypper se postgresql94

And then install what you wish.

TSU

i did zypper se postgresql.
The result was too long to include. But as you can see Yast keep installing a second version like some sort of dependences.
But this installation was without receiving a warning from Yast.

S  | Name                                          | Summary                                                             | Type      
---+-----------------------------------------------+---------------------------------------------------------------------+-----------
i+ | postgresql10                                  | Basic Clients and Utilities for PostgreSQL                          | package   
   | postgresql10                                  | Basic Clients and Utilities for PostgreSQL                          | srcpackage
   | postgresql10-address_standardizer             | PostgreSQL Address Standardizer                                     | srcpackage
   | postgresql10-address_standardizer             | PostgreSQL Address Standardizer                                     | package   
   | postgresql10-address_standardizer-debuginfo   | Debug information for package postgresql10-address_standardizer     | package   
   | postgresql10-address_standardizer-debugsource | Debug sources for package postgresql10-address_standardizer         | package   
   | postgresql10-contrib                          | Contributed Extensions and Additions to PostgreSQL                  | package   
   | postgresql10-contrib-debuginfo                | Debug information for package postgresql10-contrib                  | package   
   | postgresql10-debuginfo                        | Debug information for package postgresql10                          | package   
   | postgresql10-debugsource                      | Debug sources for package postgresql10                              | package   
   | postgresql10-devel                            | PostgreSQL development header files and libraries                   | package   
   | postgresql10-devel-debuginfo                  | Debug information for package postgresql10-devel                    | package   
   | postgresql10-docs                             | HTML Documentation for PostgreSQL                                   | package   
   | postgresql10-ip4r                             | IPv4 and IPv4 range index types for PostgreSQL                      | srcpackage
   | postgresql10-ip4r                             | IPv4 and IPv4 range index types for PostgreSQL                      | package   
   | postgresql10-ip4r-debuginfo                   | Debug information for package postgresql10-ip4r                     | package   
   | postgresql10-ip4r-debugsource                 | Debug sources for package postgresql10-ip4r                         | package   
   | postgresql10-orafce                           | Implementation of some Oracle functions into PostgreSQL             | srcpackage
   | postgresql10-orafce                           | Implementation of some Oracle functions into PostgreSQL             | package   
   | postgresql10-orafce-debuginfo                 | Debug information for package postgresql10-orafce                   | package   
   | postgresql10-orafce-debugsource               | Debug sources for package postgresql10-orafce                       | package   
   | postgresql10-pg_repack                        | PostgreSQL module for data reorganization                           | srcpackage
   | postgresql10-pg_repack                        | PostgreSQL module for data reorganization                           | package   
   | postgresql10-pg_repack-debuginfo              | Debug information for package postgresql10-pg_repack                | package   
   | postgresql10-pg_repack-debugsource            | Debug sources for package postgresql10-pg_repack                    | package   
   | postgresql10-pgagent                          | Job scheduler for PostgreSQL                                        | srcpackage
   | postgresql10-pgagent                          | Job scheduler for PostgreSQL                                        | package   
   | postgresql10-pgagent-debuginfo                | Debug information for package postgresql10-pgagent                  | package   
   | postgresql10-pgagent-debugsource              | Debug sources for package postgresql10-pgagent                      | package   
   | postgresql10-pgespresso                       | Optional Extension for Barman, Backup and Recovery Manager for Po-> | srcpackage
   | postgresql10-pgespresso                       | Optional Extension for Barman, Backup and Recovery Manager for Po-> | package   
   | postgresql10-pgespresso-debuginfo             | Debug information for package postgresql10-pgespresso               | package   
   | postgresql10-pgespresso-debugsource           | Debug sources for package postgresql10-pgespresso                   | package   
   | postgresql10-pglogical                        | The next generation replication system for PostgreSQL               | srcpackage
   | postgresql10-pglogical                        | The next generation replication system for PostgreSQL               | package   
   | postgresql10-pglogical-debuginfo              | Debug information for package postgresql10-pglogical                | package   
   | postgresql10-pglogical-debugsource            | Debug sources for package postgresql10-pglogical                    | package   
   | postgresql10-pgpool-II                        | A Connection Pooling/Replication Server for PostgreSQL              | srcpackage
   | postgresql10-pgpool-II                        | A Connection Pooling/Replication Server for PostgreSQL              | package   
   | postgresql10-pgpool-II-debuginfo              | Debug information for package postgresql10-pgpool-II                | package   
   | postgresql10-pgpool-II-debugsource            | Debug sources for package postgresql10-pgpool-II                    | package   
   | postgresql10-pldebugger                       | PL/pgSQL debugger for PostgreSQL                                    | srcpackage
   | postgresql10-pldebugger                       | PL/pgSQL debugger for PostgreSQL                                    | package   
   | postgresql10-pldebugger-debuginfo             | Debug information for package postgresql10-pldebugger               | package   
   | postgresql10-pldebugger-debugsource           | Debug sources for package postgresql10-pldebugger                   | package   
   | postgresql10-plperl                           | The PL/Tcl, PL/Perl, and  PL/Python procedural languages for Post-> | package   
   | postgresql10-plperl-debuginfo                 | Debug information for package postgresql10-plperl                   | package   
   | postgresql10-plpython                         | The PL/Python Procedural Languages for PostgreSQL                   | package   
   | postgresql10-plpython-debuginfo               | Debug information for package postgresql10-plpython                 | package   
   | postgresql10-plr                              | PL/R - R Procedural Language for PostgreSQL                         | package   
   | postgresql10-plr                              | PL/R - R Procedural Language for PostgreSQL                         | srcpackage
   | postgresql10-plr-debuginfo                    | Debug information for package postgresql10-plr                      | package   
   | postgresql10-plr-debugsource                  | Debug sources for package postgresql10-plr                          | package   
   | postgresql10-plr-doc                          | Documentation for PL/R - R Procedural Language for PostgreSQL       | package   
   | postgresql10-pltcl                            | PL/Tcl Procedural Language for PostgreSQL                           | package   
   | postgresql10-pltcl-debuginfo                  | Debug information for package postgresql10-pltcl                    | package   
   | postgresql10-repmgr                           | Replication Manager for PostgreSQL clusters                         | srcpackage
   | postgresql10-repmgr                           | Replication Manager for PostgreSQL clusters                         | package   
   | postgresql10-repmgr-debuginfo                 | Debug information for package postgresql10-repmgr                   | package   
   | postgresql10-repmgr-debugsource               | Debug sources for package postgresql10-repmgr                       | package   
i+ | postgresql10-server                           | The Programs Needed to Create and Run a PostgreSQL Server           | package   
   | postgresql10-server-debuginfo                 | Debug information for package postgresql10-server                   | package   
   | postgresql10-test                             | The test suite for PostgreSQL                                       | package   
   | postgresql10-timescaledb                      | A time-series database extension for PostgreSQL                     | srcpackage
   | postgresql10-timescaledb                      | A time-series database extension for PostgreSQL                     | package   
   | postgresql10-timescaledb-debuginfo            | Debug information for package postgresql10-timescaledb              | package   
   | postgresql10-timescaledb-debugsource          | Debug sources for package postgresql10-timescaledb                  | package  

S  | Name                                | Summary                                                                 | Type      
---+-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------+-----------
   | postgresql11                        | Basic Clients and Utilities for PostgreSQL                              | srcpackage
i  | postgresql11                        | Basic Clients and Utilities for PostgreSQL                              | package   
   | postgresql11-contrib                | Contributed Extensions and Additions to PostgreSQL                      | package   
   | postgresql11-contrib-debuginfo      | Debug information for package postgresql11-contrib                      | package   
   | postgresql11-debuginfo              | Debug information for package postgresql11                              | package   
   | postgresql11-debugsource            | Debug sources for package postgresql11                                  | package   
   | postgresql11-devel                  | PostgreSQL client development header files and libraries                | package   
   | postgresql11-devel-debuginfo        | Debug information for package postgresql11-devel                        | package   
i  | postgresql11-docs                   | HTML Documentation for PostgreSQL                                       | package   
   | postgresql11-ip4r                   | IPv4 and IPv4 range index types for PostgreSQL                          | srcpackage
   | postgresql11-ip4r                   | IPv4 and IPv4 range index types for PostgreSQL                          | package   
   | postgresql11-ip4r-debuginfo         | Debug information for package postgresql11-ip4r                         | package   
   | postgresql11-ip4r-debugsource       | Debug sources for package postgresql11-ip4r                             | package   
   | postgresql11-libs                   | Basic Clients and Utilities for PostgreSQL                              | srcpackage
   | postgresql11-libs-debugsource       | Debug sources for package postgresql11-libs                             | package   
   | postgresql11-llvmjit                | Just-in-time compilation support for PostgreSQL                         | package   
   | postgresql11-llvmjit-debuginfo      | Debug information for package postgresql11-llvmjit                      | package   
   | postgresql11-orafce                 | Implementation of some Oracle functions into PostgreSQL                 | srcpackage
   | postgresql11-orafce                 | Implementation of some Oracle functions into PostgreSQL                 | package   
   | postgresql11-orafce-debuginfo       | Debug information for package postgresql11-orafce                       | package   
   | postgresql11-orafce-debugsource     | Debug sources for package postgresql11-orafce                           | package   
   | postgresql11-pg_repack              | PostgreSQL module for data reorganization                               | srcpackage
i+ | postgresql11-pg_repack              | PostgreSQL module for data reorganization                               | package   
   | postgresql11-pg_repack-debuginfo    | Debug information for package postgresql11-pg_repack                    | package   
   | postgresql11-pg_repack-debugsource  | Debug sources for package postgresql11-pg_repack                        | package   
   | postgresql11-pglogical              | The next generation replication system for PostgreSQL                   | srcpackage
   | postgresql11-pglogical              | The next generation replication system for PostgreSQL                   | package   
   | postgresql11-pglogical-debuginfo    | Debug information for package postgresql11-pglogical                    | package   
   | postgresql11-pglogical-debugsource  | Debug sources for package postgresql11-pglogical                        | package   
   | postgresql11-pgpool-II              | A Connection Pooling/Replication Server for PostgreSQL                  | srcpackage
   | postgresql11-pgpool-II              | A Connection Pooling/Replication Server for PostgreSQL                  | package   
   | postgresql11-pgpool-II-debuginfo    | Debug information for package postgresql11-pgpool-II                    | package   
   | postgresql11-pgpool-II-debugsource  | Debug sources for package postgresql11-pgpool-II                        | package   
   | postgresql11-pldebugger             | PL/pgSQL debugger for PostgreSQL                                        | srcpackage
   | postgresql11-pldebugger             | PL/pgSQL debugger for PostgreSQL                                        | package   
   | postgresql11-pldebugger-debuginfo   | Debug information for package postgresql11-pldebugger                   | package   
   | postgresql11-pldebugger-debugsource | Debug sources for package postgresql11-pldebugger                       | package   
   | postgresql11-plperl                 | The PL/Tcl, PL/Perl, and  PL/Python procedural languages for PostgreSQL | package   
   | postgresql11-plperl-debuginfo       | Debug information for package postgresql11-plperl                       | package   
   | postgresql11-plpython               | The PL/Python Procedural Languages for PostgreSQL                       | package   
   | postgresql11-plpython-debuginfo     | Debug information for package postgresql11-plpython                     | package   
   | postgresql11-plr                    | PL/R - R Procedural Language for PostgreSQL                             | srcpackage
   | postgresql11-plr                    | PL/R - R Procedural Language for PostgreSQL                             | package   
   | postgresql11-plr-debuginfo          | Debug information for package postgresql11-plr                          | package   
   | postgresql11-plr-debugsource        | Debug sources for package postgresql11-plr                              | package   
   | postgresql11-plr-doc                | Documentation for PL/R - R Procedural Language for PostgreSQL           | package   
   | postgresql11-pltcl                  | PL/Tcl Procedural Language for PostgreSQL                               | package   
   | postgresql11-pltcl-debuginfo        | Debug information for package postgresql11-pltcl                        | package   
   | postgresql11-repmgr                 | Replication Manager for PostgreSQL clusters                             | srcpackage
   | postgresql11-repmgr                 | Replication Manager for PostgreSQL clusters                             | package   
   | postgresql11-repmgr-debuginfo       | Debug information for package postgresql11-repmgr                       | package   
   | postgresql11-repmgr-debugsource     | Debug sources for package postgresql11-repmgr                           | package   
i  | postgresql11-server                 | The Programs Needed to Create and Run a PostgreSQL Server               | package   
   | postgresql11-server-debuginfo       | Debug information for package postgresql11-server                       | package   
   | postgresql11-server-devel           | PostgreSQL server development header files and utilities                | package   
   | postgresql11-server-devel-debuginfo | Debug information for package postgresql11-server-devel                 | package   
   | postgresql11-test  

I did try to use an app call pgAdmin. And when a try to connect, i got that:

05:57:22 PM: Erreur : Error connecting to the server: could not connect to server: No such file or directory
    Is the server running locally and accepting
    connections on Unix domain socket "/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432"?

I did so many installation and uninstallation that i think that my pathfiles are broken.

Please post your existing repository list, you can display with the following command

zypper lr -d

The problem is that on my LEAP 15.0, I only have PostgreSQL versions 9 and 10. If you added the repo with PostgreSQL 94 packages, you should be able to do a search and the only packages you should see are 9, 94 and 10… You should not see any PostgreSQL 11 packages.

That suggests to me that you might have run the zypper commands I’m giving you, and if you’re running them you’re getting some error for instance if you ran them as an ordinary User and not in a root console (or equivalent, like using sudo).

TSU

zypper lr -d
Repository priorities are without effect. All enabled repositories share the same priority.                                                                                                                                                                                     

#  | Alias                               | Name                                           | Enabled | GPG Check | Refresh | Priority | Type   | URI                                                                                                               | Service     
---+-------------------------------------+------------------------------------------------+---------+-----------+---------+----------+--------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+--------     
 1 | Atom                                | Atom Editor                                    | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | No      |   99     | rpm-md | https://packagecloud.io/AtomEditor/atom/el/7/x86_64                                                               |             
 2 | Server:database:                    | Server:database:                               | No      | ----      | ----    |   99     | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/server:/database/openSUSE_Leap_15.0/                                    |             
 3 | adobe                               | adobe                                          | Yes     | ( p) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://linuxdownload.adobe.com/linux/x86_64/                                                                      |             
 4 | download.nvidia.com-leap            | nVidia Graphics Drivers                        | No      | ----      | ----    |   99     | NONE   | http://download.nvidia.com/opensuse/leap/42.3                                                                     |             
 5 | download.nvidia.com-leap_1          | nVidia Graphics Drivers                        | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | https://download.nvidia.com/opensuse/leap/15.0                                                                    |             
 6 | download.opensuse.org-non-oss       | Dépôt principal (NON-OSS)                      | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/leap/15.0/repo/non-oss/                                                 |             
 7 | download.opensuse.org-non-oss_1     | Dépôt de mises à jour (Non-OSS)                | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/update/leap/15.0/non-oss/                                                            |             
 8 | download.opensuse.org-oss           | Dépôt principal (OSS)                          | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/leap/15.0/repo/oss/                                                     |             
 9 | download.opensuse.org-oss_1         | Dépôt principal de mise à jour                 | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/update/leap/15.0/oss                                                                 |             
10 | google-chrome                       | google-chrome                                  | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://dl.google.com/linux/chrome/rpm/stable/x86_64                                                               |             
11 | http-download.opensuse.org-1b128870 | home:Ledest:misc                               | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/Ledest:/misc/openSUSE_Leap_15.0/                                  |             
12 | http-download.opensuse.org-203b5981 | openSUSE:Leap:15.0:Update                      | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/update/leap/15.0/oss/                                                                |             
13 | http-download.opensuse.org-4081678d | home:darix:branches:server:database:postgresql | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/darix:/branches:/server:/database:/postgresql/openSUSE_Leap_15.0/ |             
14 | http-download.opensuse.org-452ae9ed | home:KAMiKAZOW                                 | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/KAMiKAZOW/openSUSE_Factory/                                       |             
15 | http-download.opensuse.org-57a42039 | home:AndnoVember:LXQT                          | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/AndnoVember:/LXQT/openSUSE_Leap_15.0/                             |             
16 | http-download.opensuse.org-586d781e | home:KAMiKAZOW                                 | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/KAMiKAZOW/openSUSE_Factory/                                       |             
17 | http-download.opensuse.org-75eaba06 | server:database:postgresql                     | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/server:/database:/postgresql/openSUSE_Leap_15.0/                        |             
18 | openSUSE-Leap-15.0-1                | openSUSE-Leap-15.0-1                           | No      | ----      | ----    |   98     | rpm-md | hd:///?device=/dev/disk/by-id/usb-Innostor_Innostor_3352014650-0:0-part1                                          |             
19 | opensuse-guide.org-repo             | Libdvdcss Repository                           | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://opensuse-guide.org/repo/openSUSE_Leap_15.0/                                                                |             
20 | packman.inode.at-suse_1             | Packman Repository                             | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://packman.inode.at/suse/openSUSE_Leap_15.0/                                                                  |        
21 | repo-debug                          | openSUSE-Leap-15.0-Debug                       | No      | ----      | ----    |   99     | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/debug/distribution/leap/15.0/repo/oss/                                               |        
22 | repo-debug-non-oss                  | openSUSE-Leap-15.0-Debug-Non-Oss               | No      | ----      | ----    |   99     | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/debug/distribution/leap/15.0/repo/non-oss/                                           |        
23 | repo-debug-update                   | openSUSE-Leap-15.0-Update-Debug                | No      | ----      | ----    |   99     | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/debug/update/leap/15.0/oss/                                                          |        
24 | repo-debug-update-non-oss           | openSUSE-Leap-15.0-Update-Debug-Non-Oss        | No      | ----      | ----    |   99     | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/debug/update/leap/15.0/non-oss/                                                      |        
25 | repo-source                         | openSUSE-Leap-15.0-Source                      | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/source/distribution/leap/15.0/repo/oss/                                              |        
26 | repo-source-non-oss                 | openSUSE-Leap-15.0-Source-Non-Oss              | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | http://download.opensuse.org/source/distribution/leap/15.0/repo/non-oss/                                          |        
27 | sublime-text                        | Sublime Text - x86_64 - Stable                 | Yes     | (r ) Yes  | Yes     |   99     | rpm-md | https://download.sublimetext.com/rpm/stable/x86_64                                                                |        

That repo list is a mess IMHO. Your issues are defnitely related to a mix of packages from various repos. Do not use home: repos. These are packagers repos where no stability is guaranteed at any moment, it’s the place where they can break things.

And also do not use factory Repos on a non Tumbleweed Installation if you do not know, how to handle them.

The cause of your problem is likely repos # 17,13
You should also not have repos # 16,14,4

It looks like the following repos are maintained (recent builds), but are you actually using anything from repos # 15,11

Except for special situations, you shouldn’t need access to your source repos, I’d generally recommend disabling except when you need them (repos #25, 26)

Before removing any repos, you should consider why you might have added that repo in the past and whether any packages and applications come from that repo. If there is any question about keeping a repo, you can simply disable it instead of removing, but it’s very exceptional when you should even need a package from a repo that’s not specifically for your version of openSUSE. In these exceptional cases where you might break the rule to install packages designed only for your version of openSUSE, you also have the option to download only the one package and not add the repo it came from.

This principle underlying using packages from a different openSUSE version reminds me of the saying

True knowledge is attained through steps. Everyone starts from total ignorance. What is generally learned ordinarily enables people to do things and generally follows set rules. But, only when you can attain a deeper level of understanding you can then recognize also when rules can or should be broken but most people will never reach that level of understanding.

In other words, don’t break rules unless you believe you know why the rules should be broken and you know <how> to break the rules safely.

You can remove repos using the following command. I’ve only inserted the repo numbers of the repos where there is no question you should remove, but you can add to the command any additional repos you want to remove. Note that unless you have a special reason to be using repos 16, 14 and 4, you should remove those as well. If you do not remove these 3 repos, you should at least disable them (the next command)

zypper rr 17 13

If you decide instead to simply disable repos instead of removing, then your system will not use the repo but the information is preserved in case you need to know or re-enable. Again, the following command disables only the repos I believe should normally be disabled but you can add additional repos to the list

zypper mr disable 25 26

If you need something in any repo that’s been disabled, re-enabling is as simple as running the above command subsittuting “enable” for “disable” and specifying the repo by whatever identifier you wish (My examples are using repo numbers)

After the above operations,
Do a refresh

zypper fre

And, because of so many changes to your repos, I’d recommend a zypper dup(not zypper up), but only to the point of inspecting what changes are recommended to your system and do the actual “upgrade” until you understand what changes will be made to your system. If you have any questions in your mind, even though the changes should be safe I’d recommend you ask first. After this one time running “zypper dup” it should not be run again unless a special situation like this exists… always run “zypper up” ordinarily.

And, now do a search for progresql. You should now see packages only for postgresql9 and postgresql10.

zypper se postgresql

And a side note…
This is one example why I’ve recommended running virtualization, for situations where repos are being added and special applications are being installed, the changes you make are to disposable virtual machines where you don’t affect your main operating system and removing or undoing is as simple as a file/folder delete.

TSU

I see that the “zypper ref” command transposed the letters, the command of course should be

zypper ref

TSU