Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SDDM DPI Issues

Default Re: SDDM DPI Issues

Quote Originally Posted by kyoki View Post
    Is there a command line tool or something, which can display KDE system settings? Would be nice to query that.
    Code:
    kcmshell5 xserver
    shows only xdpyinfo output, same as shown by the Xserver section in KInfoCenter.
    Reg. Linux User #211409 *** multibooting since 1992
    Primary: 42.3,TW,15.0 & 13.1 on Haswell w/ RAID
    Secondary: eComStation (OS/2) & 42.3 on 965P/Radeon
    Tertiary: TW,15.0,42.3,Fedora,Debian,others on Kaby Lake,Q45,Q43,G41,G3X,965G,Cedar,Caicos,GT218 &&&&

The misbehaving apps are all gnome/gtk. That is why I pointed out, you could try to set Xft.dpi in your ~/.Xresources . There is, however, a problem if you have multiple monitors of very different dpi.

Quote Originally Posted by markdd View Post
    The misbehaving apps are all gnome/gtk. That is why I pointed out, you could try to set Xft.dpi in your ~/.Xresources . There is, however, a problem if you have multiple monitors of very different dpi.
    Hm, I think the "misbehaving" apps are actually the KDE ones - meaning some configuration is stored somewhere, overriding the defaults. If xdpyinfo reports a DPI of 96x96, KDE fonts should not be scaled to a DPI of 200+, if I don't have the "force DPI for fonts" checkbox enabled in the KDE configuration center.

Blog Entries

Add this ( change 122 to whatever DPI you desire ) in /etc/sddm.conf
    Code:
    [X11]
    ServerArguments=-dpi 122
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board#Members
    http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

Quote Originally Posted by Knurpht View Post
    Add this ( change 122 to whatever DPI you desire ) in /etc/sddm.conf
    Code:
    [X11]
    ServerArguments=-dpi 122
    Yes, that's my current setup (using a DPI value of 192). This works but gives me the issue that when I plug in, say, a video projector, everything on that second screen is scaled to that DPI value as well. My ideal solution would be to disable any DPI scaling (i.e. everything is set to the default value) and then simply use a different resolution on my laptop than the preferred one. E.g. on my laptop the default resolution is 3840x2160, so I would just chose 1920x1080 for a nice display of everything. But I seem to be overlooking a certain setting which messes up my windows when I set all options I know of to the default value.

Thanks to the answers so far though, I appreciate the help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12