Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Recognising USB ports in wine

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Posts
    3,454

    Default Recognising USB ports in wine

    I have read the instructions on the Wine website about configuring Wine to recognise USB connections in order to connect a smartphone to wine. I have established that connecting the smartphone creates /dev/sg2; so I have substituted that for /dev/ttyUSBn in the instructions. However, wine does not recognise the connected smartphone.

    Any suggestions?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    27,232
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Recognising USB ports in wine

    On Sat 17 Nov 2018 11:56:03 AM CST, john hudson wrote:


    I have read the instructions on the Wine website about configuring Wine
    to recognise USB connections in order to connect a smartphone to wine. I
    have established that connecting the smartphone creates /dev/sg2; so I
    have substituted that for /dev/ttyUSBn in the instructions. However,
    wine does not recognise the connected smartphone.

    Any suggestions?


    Hi
    If it mounts under linux, then it wont work in wine.... you need to
    switch it off (usb_modeswitch) so wine has access to the usb port.

    So under wine are you wanting to mount it as a device?

    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SLES 15 | GNOME Shell 3.26.2 | 4.12.14-25.25-default
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!


  3. #3

    Default Re: Recognising USB ports in wine

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi
    If it mounts under linux, then it wont work in wine.... you need to
    switch it off (usb_modeswitch) so wine has access to the usb port.

    So under wine are you wanting to mount it as a device?

    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SLES 15 | GNOME Shell 3.26.2 | 4.12.14-25.25-default
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

    Same question. I have multiple apps running in wine, but no access to the usb. Rufus 3.5 in specific. How do I access the usb_modeswitch you are referring to?

    thank you
    openSUSE Tumbleweed 64-bit / Cimmamon

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    27,232
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Recognising USB ports in wine

    Quote Originally Posted by idee View Post
    Same question. I have multiple apps running in wine, but no access to the usb. Rufus 3.5 in specific. How do I access the usb_modeswitch you are referring to?

    thank you
    Hi
    AFAIK it's only serial type devices, eg gps I've used it with wine (not recently) to connect to a radio scanner. I would have thought you can select storage via winecfg?
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •