Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: SMS notification not shown in KDE Connect now?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    279

    Question SMS notification not shown in KDE Connect now?

    Hello everyone,

    Could anyone help confirm the following behaviour related to SMS notification in KDE Plasma for Android phone?

    I used to see two notifications in my KDE Plasma desktop using KDE Connect, one in Notifications and the other in KDE Connect. Now there is no notification in popup of KDE Connect. I love this one because I can mark the SMS **READ* on my phone when I delete (close) the specific notification entry in the popup window of KDE Connect.

    Regards,
    Haoxian
    openSUSE Tumbleweed (usually the latest snapshot) w/ KDE Plasma 5

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    2,937

    Default Re: SMS notification not shown in KDE Connect now?

    Quote Originally Posted by cnzhx View Post
    Hello everyone,

    Could anyone help confirm the following behaviour related to SMS notification in KDE Plasma for Android phone?

    I used to see two notifications in my KDE Plasma desktop using KDE Connect, one in Notifications and the other in KDE Connect. Now there is no notification in popup of KDE Connect. I love this one because I can mark the SMS **READ* on my phone when I delete (close) the specific notification entry in the popup window of KDE Connect.

    Regards,
    Haoxian
    Here with LEAP 42.3 and a Moto G I have to enable notifications both in the desktop client and in the android app configuration.

    In the desktop you right-click the icon, configurations, enable send notifications/receive notifications (two different items).
    In android, touch the menu icon, configure plugins, enable receive notifications/send notifications (two different items).

    YMMV

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    2,937

    Default Re: SMS notification not shown in KDE Connect now?

    Also, you may see a dialog in android asking permissions for call notifications. I've only seen this once that I remember, in the main window, when the desktop wasn't connected. You may want to check Android Configuration>Apps>Kde Connect>Permissions.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    279

    Default Re: SMS notification not shown in KDE Connect now?

    Thank you, @brunomcl , and sorry for the delayed reply.

    Quote Originally Posted by brunomcl View Post
    Here with LEAP 42.3 and a Moto G I have to enable notifications both in the desktop client and in the android app configuration.

    In the desktop you right-click the icon, configurations, enable send notifications/receive notifications (two different items).
    In android, touch the menu icon, configure plugins, enable receive notifications/send notifications (two different items).

    YMMV
    I know how to make the notification sync work. It is just that it seems different lately. I have seen two notifications in my openSUSE Tumbleweed KDE desktop for one SMS on my phone. But now, there is only one notification. I am wondering what happened to the other one notification.

    I am bothered with the duplicated notification, too. But I still love the one that shown in the KDE Connect on my desktop because I could just click the "x" at the end of the entry for specific SMS and then the SMS on phone will be marked as read.

    Quote Originally Posted by brunomcl View Post
    Also, you may see a dialog in android asking permissions for call notifications. I've only seen this once that I remember, in the main window, when the desktop wasn't connected. You may want to check Android Configuration>Apps>Kde Connect>Permissions.
    Yes, I have checked the permissions and they are fine.
    openSUSE Tumbleweed (usually the latest snapshot) w/ KDE Plasma 5

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    279

    Default Re: SMS notification not shown in KDE Connect now?

    After long time digging, I finally fixed this by clearing the cache/data of the app "KDE Connect" from my Android phone then re-pairing the phone to my PC. This is inspired by the post on reddit when I trying to find a way to fix the lost-pairing issue.
    openSUSE Tumbleweed (usually the latest snapshot) w/ KDE Plasma 5

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •