Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Install Ruby crashing in upgrade on first mount

Blog Entries

Default Re: Install Ruby crashing in upgrade on first mount

BTW
    What you've posted only suggests running a debugger to determine current state,
    Nothing you posted is actually an error indicating what might have happened, so no one can really know how to help you with what you've posted thus far (except you can try running one of the two debuggers).

IMO
    You should just try running the online upgrade I've suggested in my previous post,
    Whatever YaST error you might have encountered using your USB stick would be avoided.

TSU
    Beginner Wiki Quickstart - https://en.opensuse.org/User:Tsu2/Quickstart_Wiki
    Solved a problem recently? Create a wiki page for future personal reference!
    Learn something new?
    Attended a computing event?
    Post and Share!

Well the usb stick can not be a recovery as of course it does not work!

I will try the in place update, but it in fact makes me nervous!

If some thing is not working in the update, but I guess that is not using yast at all!

If possible I would like to resolve the upgrade from usb stick problem, is there possibly more information I can provide,
    I can use the debugger so if you need something specific? Not sure it should be crashing out anyway.

I appreciate your time, and effort here. I am a systems programmer with too many years experience!

cheers
    brian

Quote Originally Posted by tsu2 View Post
    BTW
    What you've posted only suggests running a debugger to determine current state,
    Nothing you posted is actually an error indicating what might have happened, so no one can really know how to help you with what you've posted thus far (except you can try running one of the two debuggers).

IMO
    You should just try running the online upgrade I've suggested in my previous post,
    Whatever YaST error you might have encountered using your USB stick would be avoided.

TSU

Before I run the upgrade i will run with usb stick again and take a picture before the debugger starts and post it here

Blog Entries

The following is "the" authoritative help for collecting logs and otherwise collecting info when troubleshooting or reporting an issue...

https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Report_a_YaST_bug

TSU
    Learn something new?
    Post and Share!

Lightbulb Re: Install Ruby crashing in upgrade on first mount

updating the posts here is the same error at the end just before upgrade completed on a different process

picturehttps://susepaste.org/98653462

I hope this is more helpful

Blog Entries

Your upgrades are having problems with the bootloader.

Have you done any special customization?
    I suspect you may have installed your system with a bootloader that's not configured the default way.
    You might even be multi-booting?
    Maybe the bootloader was created by another OS?

Something is amiss with the bootloader you have now that's causing the upgrade to fail.

TSU
    Learn something new?
    Post and Share!

The computer has always run OpenSUSE, and was configured by the original install of the OS 12.1 or 12.2 I don't remember . The only thing different about this machine is the fact it does not use any of the built in sata, ide devices, it uses a pci card to manage the disk drives.
    Was running XEN , the machine ended up unusable after the upgrade.

I have not had time to fix yet, All the updates completed but the boot menu was left pointing to the original boot images...

Oh well!!!

that error happened at the end of the upgrade process!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ercoupeflyer View Post
    The computer has always run OpenSUSE, and was configured by the original install of the OS 12.1 or 12.2 I don't remember . The only thing different about this machine is the fact it does not use any of the built in sata, ide devices, it uses a pci card to manage the disk drives.
    Was running XEN , the machine ended up unusable after the upgrade.

I have not had time to fix yet, All the updates completed but the boot menu was left pointing to the original boot images...

Oh well!!!

that error happened at the end of the upgrade process!
    Have you ever upgraded from grub to grub2?

Maybe you should post your install log if you say the error occurs only at the end of your upgrade, I'd think the error you you're getting should be much earlier and not at the end.

TSU
    Learn something new?
    Post and Share!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12