Thread: Zypper refresh errors

Default Zypper refresh errors

Hello,

I have been using OpenSuse on my laptop with relatively little issues for about six months. Today, after I booted it up and logged in zypper appears to be having trouble connecting to any repositories.

It had been maybe a month since I had used this laptop, and so when I searched for a package through zypper I got that a lot of repositories were out of date. When I went to refresh zypper I get errors for almost every single repository that go like this:

Code:
    Download (curl) error for 'http://download.opensuse.org/update/leap/42.3/oss/repodata/f60c03aa84ef5c2f5bcf9e5ae852c71699dd4e48d225524628332b73254c6ad1-primary.xml.gz':
    Error code: HTTP response: 500
    Error message: The requested URL returned error: 500 Internal Server Error
    If I open the url in a browser I am able to load it. Because most repositories are throwing this error I am unable to install anything with zypper at the moment.

I have already tried
    Code:
    zypper clear

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Zypper refresh errors

Quote Originally Posted by dux77 View Post
    Hello,

I have been using OpenSuse on my laptop with relatively little issues for about six months. Today, after I booted it up and logged in zypper appears to be having trouble connecting to any repositories.

It had been maybe a month since I had used this laptop, and so when I searched for a package through zypper I got that a lot of repositories were out of date. When I went to refresh zypper I get errors for almost every single repository that go like this:

Code:
    Download (curl) error for 'http://download.opensuse.org/update/leap/42.3/oss/repodata/f60c03aa84ef5c2f5bcf9e5ae852c71699dd4e48d225524628332b73254c6ad1-primary.xml.gz':
    Error code: HTTP response: 500
    Error message: The requested URL returned error: 500 Internal Server Error
    If I open the url in a browser I am able to load it. Because most repositories are throwing this error I am unable to install anything with zypper at the moment.

I have already tried
    Code:
    zypper clear

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Yes, this is a known issue with the repos currently. Be patient - it will be resolved soon...

https://forums.opensuse.org/showthre...-access-denied!
    openSUSE Leap 15.1; KDE Plasma 5

Fair enough. If its known, and should be fixed, I can wait.

Thank you, I guess my google skills were lacking in this case, a couple hours but couldn't get to that thread...

I have seen reports that it works again.
    Henk van Velden