OpenSUSE LEAP 15 KDE - Resolution and Networking issues

Hi all!

I have the following PC:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2400G (up to 3.9GHz with O.C…but i never need it)
Motherboard: ASUSTek A320M-K, on AM4 slot
RAM: 8GB DDR4 2400 Mhz
HDD: 1 TB
Graphics: Integrated AMD Radeon Vega 11, Linux

As a monitor, i use a Dell LED IPS 23.8 inch connected via HDMI to the PC.

My Linux is OpenSUSE LEAP 15, with KDE environment.

i did upgrades and upgrades finished without error. Also, after upgrades, i did a reboot.
kernel is 4.12

The command “uname -a” shows:

Linux-iu96 4.12.14-lp150.12.16-default

issues:
Issue 1) Why is my resolution 1024x728 and locked (meaning i cannot change it to at least full hd) ?
How or what can i do ?

issue 2) — less of an issue, more an annoyance — when i installed opensuse leap 15, despite being connected to my ethernet, the network Manager service was turned off.
I had to use YAST to turn the service on and make it stay on buring reboot. W…T…F !?

i come from Linux Mint background, and Mint sees proper full HD resolution out of the box, without issues!
Also, i am abit n00b when it comes to zypper and yast, so please be very detailed in your answers!

many Thanks all for answers!

You already have a thread open for your graphics issue. Please keep the discussion there.

https://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php/533108-AMD-Ryzen-5-2400G-with-integrated-Radeon-Vega-11-graphics-resolution

With respect to your wifi issue, please start a new thread. In general one thread per issue, and as it is not an application issue, please post in the networking forum.

Closing this thread.