Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: On update Packman repos want Vendor Change

  1. #1

    Default On update Packman repos want Vendor Change

    Hi All,

    I am using Tumbleweed for a year now, lately when I do a z
    Code:
    ypper dup --no-allow-vendor-change
    I am getting below output :

    Code:
    zypper dup --no-allow-vendor-change
    Warning: You are about to do a distribution upgrade with all enabled repositories. Make sure these repositories are compatible before you continue. See 'man zypper' for more information about this command.
    Loading repository data...
    Reading installed packages...
    Computing distribution upgrade...
    8 Problems:
    Problem: problem with installed package libmlt++3-6.6.0+git20180502-10.2.x86_64
    Problem: problem with installed package libmlt6-6.6.0+git20180502-10.2.x86_64
    Problem: problem with installed package libmlt6-data-6.6.0+git20180502-10.2.noarch
    Problem: problem with installed package libmlt6-modules-6.6.0+git20180502-10.2.x86_64
    Problem: problem with installed package libmpeg2-0-0.5.1-3.42.x86_64
    Problem: problem with installed package libmpeg2convert0-0.5.1-3.42.x86_64
    Problem: problem with installed package libvidstab1_1-1.1.0-5.1.x86_64
    Problem: problem with installed package melt-6.6.0+git20180502-10.2.x86_64
    
    Problem: problem with installed package libmlt++3-6.6.0+git20180502-10.2.x86_64
     Solution 1: install libmlt++3-6.10.0-1.2.x86_64 (with vendor change)
      http://packman.links2linux.de  -->  openSUSE
     Solution 2: keep obsolete libmlt++3-6.6.0+git20180502-10.2.x86_64
    
    Choose from above solutions by number or skip, retry or cancel [1/2/s/r/c] (c):
    Is this normal, or am I missing something!
    So far I have not allowed any Vendor Change !

    Looking forward to your help on this.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,997

    Default Re: On update Packman repos want Vendor Change

    quite a few mpeg patents have ended and a some packages that wore available on packman only are now in the main OSS repo and no longer maintained by packman
    there was another change with zypper and TW there is no longer the need to use --no-allow-vendor-change as zypper does not do vendor changes unless it's specifically told to by using the --from switch
    you should do
    Code:
    zypper dup
    and allow packages to do a vendor change

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    25,372

    Default Re: On update Packman repos want Vendor Change

    Quote Originally Posted by I_A View Post
    you should do
    Code:
    zypper dup
    IMHO that should be "you could do" because on Tumbleweed the --no-allow-vendor-change is the default and thus you can spare you the typing. But adding it does no harm.
    Henk van Velden

  4. #4

    Default Re: On update Packman repos want Vendor Change

    Quote Originally Posted by I_A View Post
    quite a few mpeg patents have ended and a some packages that wore available on packman only are now in the main OSS repo and no longer maintained by packman
    there was another change with zypper and TW there is no longer the need to use --no-allow-vendor-change as zypper does not do vendor changes unless it's specifically told to by using the --from switch
    you should do
    Code:
    zypper dup
    and allow packages to do a vendor change
    Thank you I_A and hcvv !

    So for the 8 packages mentioned I can safely go for a vendor change from Packman to OSS ?

    Last year when I first got into Tumbleweed, --no-allow-vendor-change was the way to do it ! And I have stuck to it.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    25,372

    Default Re: On update Packman repos want Vendor Change

    Quote Originally Posted by bhatta View Post
    Last year when I first got into Tumbleweed, --no-allow-vendor-change was the way to do it ! And I have stuck to it.
    No harm done, but because many people forgot it, they made it the default on TW (I guess about a year ago).
    Henk van Velden

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    20,037
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: On update Packman repos want Vendor Change

    To make sure you get the packman packages do
    Code:
    zypper dup --from $PACKMAN_REPO_HERE --allow-vendor-change
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

    ° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

    https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board#Members
    http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Kamloops, BC, Canada
    Posts
    3,974

    Default Re: On update Packman repos want Vendor Change

    To make sure you have the correct packages from the correct repos (some have been made available in the OSS repos, now, so no longer needed from Packman, as another reply tells you), first run the zypper dup and allow the changes.

    After that, go into Yast-Software Manager and do the Packman vendor switch, accept any changes.

    This procedure will allow the ones that have been moved to OSS to be used, while also making sure all the ones that still come from Packman to be used.

    After that, zypper dup should keep things straight.
    -Gerry Makaro
    Fraser-Bell Info Tech
    Solving Tech Mysteries since the Olden Days!
    ~~
    If I helped you, consider clicking the Star at the bottom left of my post.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    20,037
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: On update Packman repos want Vendor Change

    Quote Originally Posted by Fraser_Bell View Post
    To make sure you have the correct packages from the correct repos (some have been made available in the OSS repos, now, so no longer needed from Packman, as another reply tells you), first run the zypper dup and allow the changes.

    After that, go into Yast-Software Manager and do the Packman vendor switch, accept any changes.

    This procedure will allow the ones that have been moved to OSS to be used, while also making sure all the ones that still come from Packman to be used.

    After that, zypper dup should keep things straight.
    Gerry, once you have a repo like Packman enabled and do want to have the packages come from that repo, TW needs a
    Code:
    zypper dup --allow-vendor-change
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

    ° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

    https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board#Members
    http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •