Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boot failure, BTFS and xfs, kde

Default Re: Boot failure, BTFS and xfs, kde

The system won't boot at all. The monitor light changed color briefly (red --> blue). Then turned back to red. It doesn't even show the bios screen.

The original msi was showing blue scan lines on the bios flash screen. Soon after, it failed. I sent the motherboard back to about < 1 year ago. I got back a "refurbished" motherboard. Fixed motherboard. The replacement motherboard was at least about 3.5 years old. It was showing some of the same blue lines before it failed.

I did check all the motherboard connections. I replaced the video card with one I know works. No successful boot. Yes, all these action with the power off and unplugged.

I'm having it checked by a professional soon. We came to the same conclusion over the phone. The motherboard is "dead as door-nail", "a rotting corpse". It's unlikely that they will get the msi motherboard working.

So, thanks for everyone's help.

Just one last question. Are these motherboard opensuse 15 compatible?

https://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-6Gbp...2B+sata+3+ddr3

(continued)

Quote Originally Posted by gogalthorp View Post
    Not sure why you thing the type of hardware is a security breach but ok.....

Looks to me like a seriously corrupt file system. Check the drive.
    Those were the gparted reports (latest version) after failing the fix the hard drive. I am 99% sure that the cause was the failing motherboard.

Being paranoid about computer security. That's a good thing.

I'm getting off topic. Thanks to all for the help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12