Thread: Why are Leap 15.0 i586 packages "excluded"?

Default Why are Leap 15.0 i586 packages "excluded"?

I primarily use my OBS home project to build Wine, and any 32 bit baselibs that it needs. This means I need to enable i586 builds, and publish them.

In the past that has not been a problem for Leap packages, but lately when I try to add a new package, the i586 builds for Leap 15.0 always show up as "excluded." Leap 15.0 i586 is enabled for my home project, and it does not show up as excluded for my older packages.

Any idea why this is happening, and how I can fix it?

Default Re: Why are Leap 15.0 i586 packages "excluded"?

Also, when I mouse over the word "excluded" in the web interface, the tooltip message says "package whitelist." I have no idea what that means.

Default Re: Why are Leap 15.0 i586 packages "excluded"? (SOLVED)

I asked about this on the OBS mailing list, and the answer I got was that because Leap 15.0 does not have a 32 bit version, i586 builds are enabled by default only for certain packages (I guess that's the "whitelist"). However, it is possible to enable i586 builds for a specific package even if it is not globally enabled by adding this to prjconf:

Code:
    %ifarch i586 i686
    BuildFlags: onlybuild:$your_package
    %endif
    Figured I'd post that here in case anyone else runs into the problem. I didn't find it documented anywhere.

Default Re: Why are Leap 15.0 i586 packages "excluded"? (SOLVED)

Quote Originally Posted by dimesio View Post
    I asked about this on the OBS mailing list, and the answer I got was that because Leap 15.0 does not have a 32 bit version, i586 builds are enabled by default only for certain packages (I guess that's the "whitelist"). However, it is possible to enable i586 builds for a specific package even if it is not globally enabled by adding this to prjconf:
    Code:
    %ifarch i586 i686BuildFlags: onlybuild:$your_package%endif
    Figured I'd post that here in case anyone else runs into the problem. I didn't find it documented anywhere.
    I have seen from your OBS that you can build the 32bit package by running osc build --baselibs --disable-debuginfo i586 wine.spec, but then, how you upload to the OBS repo the build package ?