Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: Flashforge 3d printer software flashprint for opensuse leap 15

  1. #11

    Default Re: Flashforge 3d printer software flashprint for opensuse leap 15

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi
    And your device is one listed in the udev rules file, you can see it present from the output of;

    Code:
    usb-devices
    When you added the rule file, did you rebot, or run the command udevadm trigger and then plug in the device?
    I tried it with and without the entry in the udev rules. It doesn't really matter since the printer is in another room. I've never connected it to a computer. I carry the .x3g file on an SD card.

    This machine is an i7-4900K (Cannon Lake). It has Tumbleweed and Debian Buster installed. Older kernels don't work with the Cannon Lake peripherals.

    Tumbleweed has Plasma 5.15.0 and Debian Buster has 5.14.5. Both exhibit the same behavior -- everything inside the window is blank. It works on Debian Stretch with Plasma 5.8.6, so I'm guessing that it's a KDE Plasma problem.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    26,314
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Flashforge 3d printer software flashprint for opensuse leap 15

    Quote Originally Posted by jinnicky View Post
    I tried it with and without the entry in the udev rules. It doesn't really matter since the printer is in another room. I've never connected it to a computer. I carry the .x3g file on an SD card.

    This machine is an i7-4900K (Cannon Lake). It has Tumbleweed and Debian Buster installed. Older kernels don't work with the Cannon Lake peripherals.

    Tumbleweed has Plasma 5.15.0 and Debian Buster has 5.14.5. Both exhibit the same behavior -- everything inside the window is blank. It works on Debian Stretch with Plasma 5.8.6, so I'm guessing that it's a KDE Plasma problem.
    Hi
    I tried it here and see the same blank window, I don't have a 3D printer You might have to follow up with the developer, if you check the copyright file down in the doc directory, it has the developers email, I would send an email and see if you get a response.
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  3. #13

    Default Re: Flashforge 3d printer software flashprint for opensuse leap 15

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi
    I tried it here and see the same blank window, I don't have a 3D printer You might have to follow up with the developer, if you check the copyright file down in the doc directory, it has the developers email, I would send an email and see if you get a response.
    I have a Request Support submitted to Flashforge. They've acknowledged my request and will "take it into consideration for the following update".

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    26,314
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Flashforge 3d printer software flashprint for opensuse leap 15

    Quote Originally Posted by jinnicky View Post
    I have a Request Support submitted to Flashforge. They've acknowledged my request and will "take it into consideration for the following update".
    Hi
    Time will tell then Did you ask them about making an rpm version as well?
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  5. #15

    Default Re: Flashforge 3d printer software flashprint for opensuse leap 15

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi
    Time will tell then Did you ask them about making an rpm version as well?
    Yes, I did

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •