Thread: Yast Virtualization Keyboard not working during VM install

Default Yast Virtualization Keyboard not working during VM install

I am new to using KVM for running Virtual Machines and am having difficulty. I am unable to get the Centos OS to display key presses from the keyboad during the installatin process. Is there some magic to getting the keyboard presses to the VM? The mouse pad works fine. Mouse buttons mouse movements work. Just can not enter any text to test the keyboard nor to enter usernames and passwords.

Thank you for your help. I have experience with setting up and running VMs from Virtualbox but I assume that since KVM is part of the operating system it would be a more efficient and possible faster. Assuming I can get a VM running within a week.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Yast Virtualization Keyboard not working during VM install

Quote Originally Posted by ksanger View Post
    I am new to using KVM for running Virtual Machines and am having difficulty. I am unable to get the Centos OS to display key presses from the keyboad during the installatin process. Is there some magic to getting the keyboard presses to the VM? The mouse pad works fine. Mouse buttons mouse movements work. Just can not enter any text to test the keyboard nor to enter usernames and passwords.

Thank you for your help. I have experience with setting up and running VMs from Virtualbox but I assume that since KVM is part of the operating system it would be a more efficient and possible faster. Assuming I can get a VM running within a week.
    Hi
    See my reply in your other thread which should help you get things working
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!