Thread: Gnome/GTK Development

Question Gnome/GTK Development

Not a specific suse question but since this is such a pleasant forum I must ask.

I ordered a Linuxphone from purism and immediately felt the urge to create some apps for it. Since I've been away in Java/NET universe for the last 15 years (we all need to put that bread on the table I guess) the right way to start would of course be to get that rust off old C/C++ knowledge and the GUI frameworks. I found and bought some QT books (I thought I would create small apps in both KDE/QT and Gnome/GTK and see which one tickles my brain the most) but when it comes to GNOME/GTK the resources seem to be more sparse. Are there any good up-to-date tutorials/books whatever for Gnome/GTK to be found somewhere or are the guides at the offical sites what's available?
    I found Gnome Builder which seem real nice and a good tutorial or book for building apps with this one is something I definitely would pay for.

Regards

Default Re: Gnome/GTK Development

It ended with me using Vala for Gnome/GTK, I found a bunch of nice tutorials and even a fresh book about the language so - here we go!!