Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Automounting Windows 10 NTFS Drive at Bootup for Read/Write

Default Re: Automounting Windows 10 NTFS Drive at Bootup for Read/Write

Quote Originally Posted by hcvv View Post
    It is not NTFS, but ntfs!!!!!!!!!

And you need certainly more options. Look at post #3 above!
    In any case user_id and group_id (but not with 0, which is root, but with the uid of dontosaw and the gid of users)..
    I would also add nosuid, nodev, maybe relatime.

And for those numbers you can use 0 0.
    Thanks the the reply. See, case sensitivity, it matters in Linux, not always in Windows. I was kind of hoping you would provide the command with all the options and then explain each part, what the options are and why they need to be specified. I looked at post 3. Kind of hard to decipher. Is the order of the elements critical? I will have to read some articles and try to gain a greater understanding. Considering that fstab is critical to the boot process.

Quote Originally Posted by dontosaw View Post
    Thanks the the reply. See, case sensitivity, it matters in Linux, not always in Windows. I was kind of hoping you would provide the command with all the options and then explain each part, what the options are and why they need to be specified. I looked at post 3. Kind of hard to decipher. Is the order of the elements critical? I will have to read some articles and try to gain a greater understanding. Considering that fstab is critical to the boot process.
    We assume that you read the man pages and try to understand them. They may not be clear to everyone all of the time, and you are welcome to ask questions when you got stuck somewhere. But we are not going to copy/paste from the documentation what you can find yourself on the system.

In this case of course
    Code:
    man fstab
    and all the mount options, general and specific the file system type are in
    Code:
    man 8 mount
    And I am repeating myself (which should not be needed), you should test your fstab entry first by using it through a mount command before you go for the ultimate and reboot.
    Henk van Velden

Because we are already more then 20 posts into this basically simple action, I tried to re-read the thread. Somewhere in the beginning I advised to use YaST.

The only answer you gave was
    I tried to do what you described using the YAST partitioning utility and failed.
    which isn't an answer. You failed because you fainted? Because your system burnt down?

Please understand that we all have our daily scores and do this in our spare time. So when it is not possible to post computer terminal output, then at least describe what you did, what you saw, what messages you got, etc. We are not clairvoyant and depend very much on information from you.
    Henk van Velden

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123