Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: zypper rm --clean-deps doesn't remove all dependencies

  1. #11

    Default Re: zypper rm --clean-deps doesn't remove all dependencies

    Quote Originally Posted by karlmistelberger View Post
    Repositories may change and you may end up with unneeded and orphaned items:
    But I didn't remove any repositories. I install plasma5-session, which installs plasma-nm5 as dependency (which means that plasma5-session is the only user-installed package depending on plasma-nm5). plasma-nm5 is marked as automatically installed. Right away I remove plasma5-session with "zypper rm --clean-deps plasma5-session", and it doesn't remove plasma-nm5. It's clearly a bug.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Erlangen
    Posts
    829

    Default Re: zypper rm --clean-deps doesn't remove all dependencies

    Quote Originally Posted by equeim View Post
    But I didn't remove any repositories. I install plasma5-session, which installs plasma-nm5 as dependency (which means that plasma5-session is the only user-installed package depending on plasma-nm5). plasma-nm5 is marked as automatically installed. Right away I remove plasma5-session with "zypper rm --clean-deps plasma5-session", and it doesn't remove plasma-nm5. It's clearly a bug.
    I am not sure as plasma-nm5 will be installed as a recommended package even if plasma5-session is not installed:


    Code:
    erlangen:~ # zypper install-new-recommends 
    Loading repository data...
    Reading installed packages...
    Resolving package dependencies...
    
    The following 6 NEW packages are going to be installed:
      plasma-nm5 plasma-nm5-lang plasma-nm5-openconnect plasma-nm5-openvpn plasma-nm5-pptp plasma-nm5-vpnc
    
    6 new packages to install.
    Overall download size: 1.3 MiB. Already cached: 0 B. After the operation, additional 6.2 MiB will be used.
    Continue? [y/n/...? shows all options] (y): n
    erlangen:~ #
    AMD Athlon 4850e (2009), openSUSE 13.1, KDE 4, Intel i3-4130 (2014), i7-6700K (2016), i5-8250U (2018), openSUSE Tumbleweed, KDE Plasma 5

  3. #13

    Default Re: zypper rm --clean-deps doesn't remove all dependencies

    Quote Originally Posted by karlmistelberger View Post
    I am not sure as plasma-nm5 will be installed as a recommended package even if plasma5-session is not installed:


    Code:
    erlangen:~ # zypper install-new-recommends 
    Loading repository data...
    Reading installed packages...
    Resolving package dependencies...
    
    The following 6 NEW packages are going to be installed:
      plasma-nm5 plasma-nm5-lang plasma-nm5-openconnect plasma-nm5-openvpn plasma-nm5-pptp plasma-nm5-vpnc
    
    6 new packages to install.
    Overall download size: 1.3 MiB. Already cached: 0 B. After the operation, additional 6.2 MiB will be used.
    Continue? [y/n/...? shows all options] (y): n
    erlangen:~ #
    I disabled installation of recommends in zypper conf, and zypper says that no installed packages recommend plasma-nm5, and, after removal of plasma5-session, that no packages require plasma-nm5 (except of Networks application, which is not a package and also rpm doesn't know about it). Still zypper pa --unneeded doesn't find anything.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Erlangen
    Posts
    829

    Default Re: zypper rm --clean-deps doesn't remove all dependencies

    Quote Originally Posted by equeim View Post
    I disabled installation of recommends in zypper conf, and zypper says that no installed packages recommend plasma-nm5, and, after removal of plasma5-session, that no packages require plasma-nm5 (except of Networks application, which is not a package and also rpm doesn't know about it). Still zypper pa --unneeded doesn't find anything.
    Try https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Submitting_bug_reports
    AMD Athlon 4850e (2009), openSUSE 13.1, KDE 4, Intel i3-4130 (2014), i7-6700K (2016), i5-8250U (2018), openSUSE Tumbleweed, KDE Plasma 5

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •