Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Discord app

  1. #1

    Default Discord app

    I tried to install the discord app.

    But this is what I get:


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    25,158

    Default Re: Discord app

    Nice unreadable picture. I can see that you are using YaST.

    But can you tell what package exactly you try to install from what repository? Or any more detailed description on what you are doing?
    Henk van Velden

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    26,864
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Discord app

    Hi
    Have you tried a direct zypper install (I'm guessing is complaining about the games:tools repo key)

    Code:
    zypper -vvv in https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/games:/tools/openSUSE_Leap_42.3/x86_64/discord-0.0.5-10.1.x86_64.rpm
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  4. #4

    Default Re: Discord app

    Quote Originally Posted by hcvv View Post
    Nice unreadable picture. I can see that you are using YaST.

    But can you tell what package exactly you try to install from what repository? Or any more detailed description on what you are doing?

    https://software.opensuse.org/package/discord

    Why cant you see the picture ? Its too big ?

  5. #5

    Default Re: Discord app

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi
    Have you tried a direct zypper install (I'm guessing is complaining about the games:tools repo key)

    Code:
    zypper -vvv in https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/games:/tools/openSUSE_Leap_42.3/x86_64/discord-0.0.5-10.1.x86_64.rpm
    This seems to give the same problem:

    Code:
    discord-0.0.5-10.1.x86_64 (Cache van gewone RPM-bestanden): Verificatie van de ondertekening is mislukt [4-Handtekeningen van publieke sleutel zijn niet beschikbaar]
    No public key available ?

    Code:
    De volgende 3 NIEUWE pakketten zullen worden geïnstalleerd:
      discord     0.0.5-10.1  x86_64  Cache van gewone RPM-bestanden  obs://build.opensuse.org/games:tools
      libc++1     4.0.1-5.1   x86_64  Main Update Repository          openSUSE                            
      libc++abi1  4.0.1-5.1   x86_64  Main Update Repository          openSUSE                            
    
    3 nieuwe te installeren pakketten.
    Totale downloadgrootte: 49,7 MiB. Reeds in de cache: 330,0 KiB. Na de bewerking zal aanvullend 146,4 MiB worden gebruikt.
    Doorgaan? [j/n/...? alle opties tonen] (j): j
    goedkeuren
    In de cache libc++abi1-4.0.1-5.1.x86_64.rpm                                                                                                               (1/3), 116,6 KiB (295,1 KiB uitgepakt)
    In de cache libc++1-4.0.1-5.1.x86_64.rpm                                                                                                                  (2/3), 213,3 KiB (777,3 KiB uitgepakt)
    pakket discord-0.0.5-10.1.x86_64 wordt opgehaald                                                                                                          (3/3),  49,7 MiB (145,4 MiB uitgepakt)
    discord-0.0.5-10.1.x86_64.rpm:
        Header V3 DSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID 58ddeb32: NOKEY
        Header SHA1 digest: OK (6ad16dd26f61ecf6b33e7f5628a129487dc2bece)
        MD5 digest: OK (cf99f37ed682638bbd8b013293589f0c)
        V3 DSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID 58ddeb32: NOKEY

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    26,864
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Discord app

    Quote Originally Posted by Gps2010 View Post
    This seems to give the same problem:

    Code:
    discord-0.0.5-10.1.x86_64 (Cache van gewone RPM-bestanden): Verificatie van de ondertekening is mislukt [4-Handtekeningen van publieke sleutel zijn niet beschikbaar]
    No public key available ?

    Code:
    De volgende 3 NIEUWE pakketten zullen worden geïnstalleerd:
      discord     0.0.5-10.1  x86_64  Cache van gewone RPM-bestanden  obs://build.opensuse.org/games:tools
      libc++1     4.0.1-5.1   x86_64  Main Update Repository          openSUSE                            
      libc++abi1  4.0.1-5.1   x86_64  Main Update Repository          openSUSE                            
    
    3 nieuwe te installeren pakketten.
    Totale downloadgrootte: 49,7 MiB. Reeds in de cache: 330,0 KiB. Na de bewerking zal aanvullend 146,4 MiB worden gebruikt.
    Doorgaan? [j/n/...? alle opties tonen] (j): j
    goedkeuren
    In de cache libc++abi1-4.0.1-5.1.x86_64.rpm                                                                                                               (1/3), 116,6 KiB (295,1 KiB uitgepakt)
    In de cache libc++1-4.0.1-5.1.x86_64.rpm                                                                                                                  (2/3), 213,3 KiB (777,3 KiB uitgepakt)
    pakket discord-0.0.5-10.1.x86_64 wordt opgehaald                                                                                                          (3/3),  49,7 MiB (145,4 MiB uitgepakt)
    discord-0.0.5-10.1.x86_64.rpm:
        Header V3 DSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID 58ddeb32: NOKEY
        Header SHA1 digest: OK (6ad16dd26f61ecf6b33e7f5628a129487dc2bece)
        MD5 digest: OK (cf99f37ed682638bbd8b013293589f0c)
        V3 DSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID 58ddeb32: NOKEY
    Hi
    So two options import the key from the games repo or skip (choose ignore).

    https://build.opensuse.org/projects/...key/key_dialog
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  7. #7

    Default Re: Discord app

    Thank you, I think that link is broken ?

    I do not know what to search for ( how to find that key )

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    26,864
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Discord app

    Quote Originally Posted by Gps2010 View Post
    Thank you, I think that link is broken ?

    I do not know what to search for ( how to find that key )
    Hi
    This link
    https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/games:tools# and click on the gpg/ssl link

    Check via;
    https://keyserver.opensuse.org/pks/l...eb32&op=vindex

    Or just add the repo and install.... then disable the repo;
    Code:
    su -
    zypper ar -f -g -n "repo-games:tools" https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/games:/tools/openSUSE_Leap_42.3/ repo-games:tools
    zypper ref
    zypper in discord
    zypper mr -d -F repo-games:tools
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  9. #9

    Default Re: Discord app

    Problem solved.



    I copy pasted the command, and it failed the first time lol

    After studying, what had happened, I noticed I had selected the wrong option. ( I blame the translators for this )
    On a more serious note, I do sometimes get confused with translations into my native language opensuse related.
    Been behind computers for years now, totally used to it being in english.


    Second attempt and the key was installed.

    Then I went back to the one click install, and this time no issues, it installed the program.

    Thank you.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Discord app

    I have cheered a bit too soon.

    Program is installed and its almost working 100%.

    I had to go into the setting and change the sound setting from default to internal stereo.

    The sound however is way too soft. ( with mixer volume to max, I can hear that people are talking but absolutely not what they are saying )



    I already used google, and that made me smile for some part. Allot of windows users, seem to have the same problem.

    To rule out its the headset, I started up steam, used the microphone test, and that proofed my headset is working fine.
    ( I could with some delay, hear myself speak )

    I will keep an eye on this topic, but will also do some more searching myself.
    It does not look like this is an opensuse problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •