Thread: Repos down?

Default Repos down?

Not sure where to post this, apologies if it's in the wrong place . . .
    The repositories seem to be down, both Leap 42.3 and 15.0. Is anyone else having this problem?
    Desktop : Leap 15.0 | KDE Plasma | AMD Phenom II x6 1035T | 8 GB Memory | Integrated Radeon HD4250 | Ext4
    Laptop: Leap 15.0 | KDE Plasma | Intel Core i5 3rd Gen 3320M 2.6GHz | Intel HD Graphics 4000 | 8 GB Memory | Ext4

Blog Entries

Default Re: Repos down?

Quote Originally Posted by HighBloodSugar View Post
    Not sure where to post this, apologies if it's in the wrong place . . .
    The repositories seem to be down, both Leap 42.3 and 15.0. Is anyone else having this problem?
    Hi
    There is a status page will all the infrastructure;
    https://status.opensuse.org/

Maybe hitting a flaky mirror;
    https://mirrors.opensuse.org/
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi
    There is a status page will all the infrastructure;
    https://status.opensuse.org/
    I tried that, it says it's ok. I'll try later.
    Desktop : Leap 15.0 | KDE Plasma | AMD Phenom II x6 1035T | 8 GB Memory | Integrated Radeon HD4250 | Ext4
    Laptop: Leap 15.0 | KDE Plasma | Intel Core i5 3rd Gen 3320M 2.6GHz | Intel HD Graphics 4000 | 8 GB Memory | Ext4

I added repos from Georgia Tech, and the updater app on Leap 42.3 worked. I got 82 updates, everything I tried (played videos, mp3, etc) still work, so I guess it worked. I disable the libdvdcss repo for now, couldn't find one for that, hopefully that's not needed. For the other 2 computers, I'll wait a day or two.

I added repos from Georgia Tech, and the updater app on Leap 42.3 worked. I got 82 updates, everything I tried (played videos, mp3, etc) still work, so I guess it worked. I disable the libdvdcss repo for now, couldn't find one for that, hopefully that's not needed. For the other 2 computers, I'll wait a day or two.
    At precisely the time you posted your first message, I was successfully running Leap 15.0 updates on 3 machines and Leap 42.3 on another. All updates went quick and successfull, no problems at all. I followed that with updates to Tumbleweed, same thing, fast (at least 3.0 GiBs) and fully successfull.

I would therefore confirm that the mirror you were directed to is having a problem.

You can leave the libdvdcss repo disabled. That repo is only required once, when you first install the Multimedia. There are no updates there.
    -Gerry Makaro
    Fraser-Bell Info Tech
    Solving Tech Mysteries since the Olden Days!
    ~~
    If I helped you, consider clicking the Star at the bottom left of my post.

The repos are back up today. That saves me the trouble of changing them on my other 3 computers. Maybe I have too many computers.

Is that possible?

Blog Entries

The repos are back up today. That saves me the trouble of changing them on my other 3 computers. Maybe I have too many computers.

Is that possible?
    Hi
    Nope, I have 4x and more here

I would look at setting up one on the computers to rsync the updates locally overnight and use that download once, deploy to many.... On the SLE side we have SMT and SUSE Manager....
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

I spoke too soon - the repos are down on my Leap 15.0 laptop. Luckily last night I created a text file with the zypper commands to add the repos, so I quickly pasted each line into the terminal, much easier than entering them manually in Yast. Funny thing is, on my Intel NUC, also running Leap 15.0, it worked fine about an hour ago. Probably will have to add the new repos to that too. Good thing I'm retired, plenty of free time for this stuff.

I spoke too soon - the repos are down on my Leap 15.0 laptop. Luckily last night I created a text file with the zypper commands to add the repos, so I quickly pasted each line into the terminal, much easier than entering them manually in Yast. Funny thing is, on my Intel NUC, also running Leap 15.0, it worked fine about an hour ago. Probably will have to add the new repos to that too. Good thing I'm retired, plenty of free time for this stuff.
    I discovered a long time ago that MirrorBrain's choice can be affected by which DNS servers you have listed on the machine and/or in your router. Perhaps that difference between the machines could be that one has different DNS servers listed?
    -Gerry Makaro
    Fraser-Bell Info Tech
    Solving Tech Mysteries since the Olden Days!
    ~~
    If I helped you, consider clicking the Star at the bottom left of my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraser_Bell View Post
    I discovered a long time ago that MirrorBrain's choice can be affected by which DNS servers you have listed on the machine and/or in your router. Perhaps that difference between the machines could be that one has different DNS servers listed?
    Could be, I have a WiFi router I bought recently, and it's plugged into the old Verizon router's LAN jack. The Verizon box only has WEP, so I got the new one for WPA2 for the laptop and the Intel NUC. Two desktop PCs are plugged into the Verizon router's LAN jacks.