Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gstreamer updates - is it not odd to get at least ONE update per day for this????

Question Gstreamer updates - is it not odd to get at least ONE update per day for this????

I am about to dump gstreamer and all of its bits down the crapper and just do without.

I have received two updates in the last 18 hours for this thing, and at least one per day since I installed it some fifteen days ago. Is it THAT broken that it requires being bloody re-installed (in essence) every day of the world??

Default Re: Gstreamer updates - is it not odd to get at least ONE update per day for this????

Wrong Forum. As this is just a rant, it is being moved. Thread closed and moving.
    -Gerry Makaro
    Fraser-Bell Info Tech
    Solving Tech Mysteries since the Olden Days!
    ~~
    If I helped you, consider clicking the Star at the bottom left of my post.

Default Re: Gstreamer updates - is it not odd to get at least ONE update per day for this????

Thread moved to Soapbox Forum and re-opened.
    -Gerry Makaro
    Fraser-Bell Info Tech
    ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Fraser_Bell View Post
    Wrong Forum. As this is just a rant, it is being moved. Thread closed and moving.
    OK, but it was the best guess I could make. "Wrong" it may very well be but "Right" is more than "obscure." Frankly it's bloody opaque. Enlighten me, oh forum gurus. Prithee sirrah, where SHOULD it go?

Also, "rant" it may be but the query is still valid. One to two updates a day? Is the thing THAT unstable??

As long as 90% of your posts is no technical information about what you did/have with a clear technical question, but uttered frustration, you may be glad that it is only seen as Soapbox and not removed at all.
    Henk van Velden

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wwill1066 View Post
    Is it THAT broken that it requires being bloody re-installed (in essence) every day of the world??
    I update twice a week. I don't have to update immediately.

The chances are that "gstreamer" itself did not change, but it had to be recompiled because of a change to some library that it depends on.
    openSUSE Leap 15.1; KDE Plasma 5;

I am about to dump gstreamer and all of its bits down the crapper and just do without.

I have received two updates in the last 18 hours for this thing, and at least one per day since I installed it some fifteen days ago. Is it THAT broken that it requires being bloody re-installed (in essence) every day of the world??
    Tumbleweed or LEAP 15? Because here on LEAP 42.3 the last gstreamer update was ay least 3 weeks ago, probably more.

Prithee sirrah, where SHOULD it go?
    Dangerous thing to ask in a snotty manner. Read my mind at what my answer might be.
    -Gerry Makaro
    Fraser-Bell Info Tech
    ~~

Quote Originally Posted by brunomcl View Post
    Tumbleweed or LEAP 15? Because here on LEAP 42.3 the last gstreamer update was ay least 3 weeks ago, probably more.
    Maybe you missed that this is in Soapbox?

No serious technical answers are expected here. Basically because there is no serious technical problem description
    Henk van Velden

Quote Originally Posted by hcvv View Post
    Maybe you missed that this is in Soapbox?

No serious technical answers are expected here. Basically because there is no serious technical problem description
    I didn't, obviously, but I was curious if this is a TB thing or something. I've seen this happen with youtubedownloader some time ago in oS 13.2 IINM, an update every other day, to the point that I blocked it on yast. Or perhaps the OP system is silently failing to update (improbable)?

It's just idle speculation, feel free to disregard it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast