Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: How to stop single click

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Jundiai, São Paulo, Brazil
    Posts
    464

    Default How to stop single click

    Using KDE
    I accessed System Settings->Configure Desktop->Hardwere->Input Devices->Mouse
    And I set the mouse to take action when I double-click
    But it already triggers immediately when I click only once on the desKtop icons
    How do I make desktop icons only trigger when I double-click?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    19,582
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: How to stop single click

    Have a look in Workspace behaviour in systemsettings.
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

    ° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

    https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board#Members
    http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Jundiai, São Paulo, Brazil
    Posts
    464

    Default Re: How to stop single click

    Quote Originally Posted by Knurpht View Post
    Have a look in Workspace behaviour in systemsettings.
    Sorry, but I did not find anything to configure mouse click behavior
    The only place that says anything about the mouse is what I described before.
    Could you show the way?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    318

    Default Re: How to stop single click

    Quote Originally Posted by sergelli View Post
    Sorry, but I did not find anything to configure mouse click behavior
    The only place that says anything about the mouse is what I described before.
    Could you show the way?
    System Settings>Workspace>Desktop Behaviour
    Pete

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Jundiai, São Paulo, Brazil
    Posts
    464

    Default Re: How to stop single click

    Quote Originally Posted by peteh100 View Post
    System Settings>Workspace>Desktop Behaviour
    On Leap 15 I have:
    System Settings>Workspace>Desktop Behaviour
    Ande after that, I have>
    Workspace, DeskTop Effects, Screen Edges, Touch Screen, Screen Locking, Virtual DeskTops, and Activities

    I looked carefully all the parts and found nothing on double or single click

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    19,582
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: How to stop single click

    Quote Originally Posted by sergelli View Post
    On Leap 15 I have:
    System Settings>Workspace>Desktop Behaviour
    Ande after that, I have>
    Workspace, DeskTop Effects, Screen Edges, Touch Screen, Screen Locking, Virtual DeskTops, and Activities

    I looked carefully all the parts and found nothing on double or single click
    Probably difference between Leap and Tumbleweed's KDE versions.
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

    ° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

    https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board#Members
    http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicago suburbs
    Posts
    12,167
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: How to stop single click

    Quote Originally Posted by sergelli View Post
    Using KDE
    I accessed System Settings->Configure Desktop->Hardwere->Input Devices->Mouse
    And I set the mouse to take action when I double-click
    But it already triggers immediately when I click only once on the desKtop icons
    How do I make desktop icons only trigger when I double-click?
    Yes, I'm pretty sure that's the correct setting.

    It works for me (requires double click) in Dolphin, in System Settings and for desktop icons. But it does not work in Yast -- maybe that uses root configuration.

    However, I've reverted to single click, since that's what I prefer.
    openSUSE Leap 15.1; KDE Plasma 5;

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    19,582
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: How to stop single click

    Quote Originally Posted by nrickert View Post
    But it does not work in Yast -- maybe that uses root configuration.
    It is indeed. Run
    Code:
    kdesu systemsettings5
    if you want that changed too. Which you don't
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

    ° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

    https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board#Members
    http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    24,721

    Default Re: How to stop single click

    Quote Originally Posted by nrickert View Post
    However, I've reverted to single click, since that's what I prefer.
    I also prefer less RSI .
    Henk van Velden

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Jundiai, São Paulo, Brazil
    Posts
    464

    Default Re: How to stop single click

    So who prefers double click will not have a chance.
    We are condemned to use simple click...that's right?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •