HP Photosmart C4788 printing incredibly small while printing a brochure in LibreOffice-6.0.5.2

Hi All,

Am trying to print a book-chapter, written on Libreoffice-6.0.5.2, in booklet form with HP Photosmart C4788 printer. The printer is printing in incredibly small letters. Tried to investigate on the net as well in LibreOffice ‘Help’. Could not find an answer.

Request help to solve this riddle.

Regards,

RSP2

Check Format>Page to see what the page size is; if the page size is small, the print size with be small.
In the Print dialog, check the various options for one which reduces the printed page size.

Are you using the HLIP driver for this printer?

egrep -i "name|model|filter" /etc/cups/ppd/*

Further to John’s advice, if the page size checks out ok, then it may be worth a shot to return to a default user profile by deleting (or renaming) the applicable ~/.config/libreoffice/4/user/ (or perhaps ~/.config/libreoffice/4-suse/) directory, and then restart LO.

https://ask.libreoffice.org/en/question/58344/why-is-libre-office-writer-printing-fonts-too-small/

Hi All,

Thanks for all the replies. My apologies for the delay; having been overly busy in various projects.

Well, tied everything you all have advised. All those are very valid reasons for the problem I had experienced. Ultimately, I hit upon the advice on Google. When we print from Firefox to printer or even to a file, in the ‘Print’ dialogue a box specifies: ‘ignore scale, shrink page to fit’ or words to this effect. This box gets marked by a ‘check’ sign. The problem I faced was solved by un-checking that box. Just to be sure, now, every time I start to print, I check Firefox’s ‘Print’ dialogue first.

Thanks once again.

Lots of Regards,

RSP2