Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: Suse 15 with Gnome (Dell D620) login problem and mouse slow+lag

  1. #11

    Default Re: Suse 15 with Gnome (Dell D620) login problem and mouse slow+lag

    Quote Originally Posted by nrickert View Post
    I think Gnome only runs on Xorg after that config change. So just picking "Gnome" should give you Gnome on Xorg.

    You can try in a terminal window:
    Code:
    echo $XDG_SESSION_TYPE
    and I think that will tell you that you are using X11.
    You are right, when testing with

    > echo $XDG_SESSION_TYPE

    terminal shows

    x11

    So it's "Gnome on Xorg"

  2. #12

    Default Re: Suse 15 with Gnome (Dell D620) login problem and mouse slow+lag

    Additional info: There is Dell D620 HW versions with different intel processors and earlier discussion was case with with sticker "Intel Centrino Duo" with Intel Core2 T7200 (Dual core 2,00GHz) processor and with PRO/Wireless 3945ABG(Golan) wlan. In another case of version with sticker "Intel Core 2 Duo" with Intel Core2 T5600 (Dual core 1,83GHz) installation of desktop goes without problems and after installation Gnome works Ok on "Wayland" mode (, but unfortunately this spesific Dell D620 has Broadcom wlan circuit (BCM4311 802.11a/b/g) that does not work properly out of box after SUse Leap 15 installation even install_bcm43xx_firmware driven after installation as in this case wlan is then active it is unusable because of slow speed 1-11Mb/s which is maybe subject for another discussion as earlier Suse 42.3 version same Broadcom wlan was working proper speeds.).

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    19,883
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Suse 15 with Gnome (Dell D620) login problem and mouse slow+lag

    Quote Originally Posted by bin123 View Post
    Additional info: There is Dell D620 HW versions with different intel processors and earlier discussion was case with with sticker "Intel Centrino Duo" with Intel Core2 T7200 (Dual core 2,00GHz) processor and with PRO/Wireless 3945ABG(Golan) wlan. In another case of version with sticker "Intel Core 2 Duo" with Intel Core2 T5600 (Dual core 1,83GHz) installation of desktop goes without problems and after installation Gnome works Ok on "Wayland" mode (, but unfortunately this spesific Dell D620 has Broadcom wlan circuit (BCM4311 802.11a/b/g) that does not work properly out of box after SUse Leap 15 installation even install_bcm43xx_firmware driven after installation as in this case wlan is then active it is unusable because of slow speed 1-11Mb/s which is maybe subject for another discussion as earlier Suse 42.3 version same Broadcom wlan was working proper speeds.).
    You should start a new thread (with suitably descriptive title) if you want to discuss wireless networking issues.
    openSUSE Leap 15.0; KDE Plasma 5

  4. #14

    Default Re: Suse 15 with Gnome (Dell D620) login problem and mouse slow+lag

    Quote Originally Posted by deano_ferrari View Post
    You should start a new thread (with suitably descriptive title) if you want to discuss wireless networking issues.
    New thread opened about Broadcom wlan issue : https://forums.opensuse.org/showthre...o-slow-problem

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Auckland, NZ
    Posts
    19,883
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Suse 15 with Gnome (Dell D620) login problem and mouse slow+lag

    Quote Originally Posted by bin123 View Post
    New thread opened about Broadcom wlan issue : https://forums.opensuse.org/showthre...o-slow-problem
    And you'll note that I've already replied there.
    openSUSE Leap 15.0; KDE Plasma 5

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •