Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leap 15 randomly loggs out

Hybrid View

Default Leap 15 randomly loggs out

Just installed Leap 15 and after some time it logged out. This keeps happening with no visible pattern. No error messages. Did any of you have this problem and solved it?

Default Re: Leap 15 randomly loggs out

It logged out from the console? Or from a GUI session? When a GUI session, which desktop?
    Henk van Velden

Quote Originally Posted by hcvv View Post
    It logged out from the console? Or from a GUI session? When a GUI session, which desktop?
    Logged out from GUI, Gnome. Thanks

Question Re: Leap 15 randomly loggs out

Quote Originally Posted by powerslave View Post
    Logged out from GUI, Gnome.
    Logged out or, locked?

The default for most GUIs, « don't really know about GNOME, I use KDE … », is to lock the unattended user's screen after a few minutes -- usually either 10 or 15 minutes (exactly) « after the last keyboard or, mouse, or touch-screen activity » …

Quote Originally Posted by dcurtisfra View Post
    Logged out or, locked?

The default for most GUIs, « don't really know about GNOME, I use KDE … », is to lock the unattended user's screen after a few minutes -- usually either 10 or 15 minutes (exactly) « after the last keyboard or, mouse, or touch-screen activity » …
    That's not an issue, time intervals were not even close one to another, varied between 10 sec to 5 mins, keyboard/mouse activity was almost constant.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by powerslave View Post
    That's not an issue, time intervals were not even close one to another, varied between 10 sec to 5 mins, keyboard/mouse activity was almost constant.
    And the install is stock Leap 15.0 as a clean install, an upgrade ? Does the issue exist for a newly created user? Videocard involved?
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board#Members
    http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

Quote Originally Posted by Knurpht View Post
    And the install is stock Leap 15.0 as a clean install, an upgrade ? Does the issue exist for a newly created user? Videocard involved?
    It's a clean Leap 15 install, issue is for a newly created user on it(haven't backed up data from 42.3), can't say if videocard is involved since i have no error message. I'm using Inspiron 3537 which does have 2 cards, one is integrated Intel and the other one is AMD(switching between cards can't be user defined as far as I understand)

Heads up, I have reinstalled the system and the problem persists. The only thing that makes sense is that the problem is caused by something I have installed.

Blog Entries

My guess is that your desktop session is crashing. And, as a result, you see a login screen.

Again, which desktop are you using?
    openSUSE Leap 15.1; KDE Plasma 5;

Quote Originally Posted by nrickert View Post
    My guess is that your desktop session is crashing. And, as a result, you see a login screen.

Again, which desktop are you using?
    See post #3 above.
    Henk van Velden

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast