Thread: qjackctl crashes

Default qjackctl crashes

Hi,
    For unknown reason qjackctl (frontend for jack audio system) started crashing. I started it in the konsole, msg was core dump (Iwonder where).
    I tried to start it under root , the msg was

QStandardPaths: wrong ownership on runtime directory /run/user/1000, 1000 instead of 0
    Segmentation fault (core dumped)

There seams to be something wrong with the ownership (of what ?) ....

Does anybody have an idea ? .... That would be much appreciated since I would need qjackctl to test a soundcard connection.

Thanks for your help
    Desktop: CPU: AMD Ryzan 4 core, RAM: 32 GB, SSD 120 GB OS, SSD 480 GB Raid, HD 500 GB , OS: 15.1
    Laptop: Toshiba, AMD 4 core, 8 GB RAM, SSD 500 GB, OS 15.1
    Printer: Brother Color laser , Scanner Epson V370. Main application: Ardour, Jack

Default Re: qjackctl crashes

Quote Originally Posted by otto_oz View Post
    I tried to start it under root , the msg was

QStandardPaths: wrong ownership on runtime directory /run/user/1000, 1000 instead of 0
    Segmentation fault (core dumped)

There seams to be something wrong with the ownership (of what ?) ....
    Only about this part.

I doubt you should run such an end-user application as root (remember: never run something as root when not really needed). And it seems that the application thinks likewise. The end-user has UID 1000 and root has of course UID 0. Thus better forget about this side path and concentrate on your real problem.
    Henk van Velden

.... sure wrong path but why does an application all of a sudden does not work ?

and where would I find the core dump.? I cant see what triggered it

Thanks for your help
    Desktop: CPU: AMD Ryzan 4 core, RAM: 32 GB, SSD 120 GB OS, SSD 480 GB Raid, HD 500 GB , OS: 15.1
    Printer: Brother Color laser , Scanner Epson V370. Main application: Ardour, Jack

Solved ....
    There is in the hidden files of a user ....../.config/mcbc.org/ the file QjackCtl.conf. So I saved/renamed that file as old.conf.

No hoping when starting qjackctl a new config file will be created with qjackctl working .... and it worked. !!!!!

So there must be an entry in the conf file which let qjackctl crash.

anyway it works now

Congratulations!

You could of course compare both files and see if it tells you something. But maybe it never happens again.
    Henk van Velden