Thread: Getting Fresh install of Leap 15.0 into Poper Shape

Default Getting Fresh install of Leap 15.0 into Poper Shape

I have made a fresh installation of Leap 15 alongside existing 42.2 and 42.3. I do not go the upgrade route for various reasons but mainly to keep the existing version running till the new version is properly set up.

Obviously the various applications not included in standard package need to be installed and others tweaked to use packages from Packman repo etc etc. One of the jobs is setting up the Bookmarks in Firefox. I believe there is a file that can be copied and pasted to achieve this easily. I remember some post mentioning "places.sqlite" but cannot find any such file. Could it be libmozsqlite3.so in the root/usr/lib64/firefox?

PrakashC

Blog Entries

Default Re: Getting Fresh install of Leap 15.0 into Poper Shape

I normally just use my firefox account to sync my book marks across multiple devices, but I can understand why some might prefer to do this using an offline method....

Bookmarks > Show All Bookmarks > Import and Backup > Backup to crate a backup (.json) file of bookmarks. Transfer the file to your other machine, open firefox and do....

Bookmarks > Show All Bookmarks > Import and Backup -> Restore -> select the relevant file and restore it.
    openSUSE Leap 15.1; KDE Plasma 5

places.sqlite can be found in one or more salted subdirectory(s) of the directory .mozilla/ in your home directory, or in any specific directory custom configured for a specific Firefox or SeaMonkey profile via $HOME/.mozilla/[firefox|seamonkey]/profiles.ini.
    Reg. Linux User #211409 *** multibooting since 1992
    Primary: 42.3,TW,15.0 & 13.1 on Haswell w/ RAID
    Secondary: eComStation (OS/2)&42.3 on 965P/Radeon
    Tertiary: TW,15.0,42.3,Fedora,Debian,more on Kaby Lake,Q45,Q43,G41,G3X,965G,Cedar,Caicos,Oland,GT218&&&

Quote Originally Posted by deano_ferrari View Post
    I normally just use my firefox account to sync my book marks across multiple devices, but I can understand why some might prefer to do this using an offline method....

Bookmarks > Show All Bookmarks > Import and Backup > Backup to crate a backup (.json) file of bookmarks. Transfer the file to your other machine, open firefox and do....

Bookmarks > Show All Bookmarks > Import and Backup -> Restore -> select the relevant file and restore it.
    Thanks deano_ferrari. That did the trick.

PrakashC

Quote Originally Posted by PrakashC View Post
    Thanks deano_ferrari. That did the trick.

PrakashC
    Next time consider giving a better title like "Moving book marks to Firefox on new installation" or similar.
    Henk van Velden

Smile Re: Getting Fresh install of Leap 15.0 into Poper Shape

Quote Originally Posted by hcvv View Post
    Next time consider giving a better title like "Moving book marks to Firefox on new installation" or similar.
    Yes, the title was not quite correct. Actually I was thinking of a number of different adjustments required when I gave the title (with Proper misspelt!) for example Amarok connected files to be changed to Packman repo, adjusting Audacity settings, downloading KDENLIVE etc etc. But as I was having a problem with FF bookmarks ended up by asking help on it. And decided to keep one topic only in the thread. But I should have reconsidered the Title before submitting the thread!

PrakashC