Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: LibreOffice disappear images

  1. #1

    Default LibreOffice disappear images

    My daughter is doing the essay for the school exam with LibreOffice, and the images disappear, she has already done the job many times and is destroyed continuously, she used a little all the LibreOffice rescue systems available, on pendrive and on HD .... without result.
    They disappear randomly between one save and another .
    I tried on two different computers and the same thing happens the version is LibreOffice 6.0.4.2
    The thing that makes me more angry is that says that her friends use Microsoft Office PowerPoint and have no problems.
    Yesterday for the umpteenth time I stayed up to 2.30 at night to help her, and today instead of partying we will continue to trebulate
    ------------------------------------
    Correct me if I'm wrong .
    ------------------------------------

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    1,134

    Default Re: LibreOffice disappear images

    What sort of images, where are they stored, how were they generated?
    Are they embedded in the document, or are they linked to? If you open the essay.odt with Ark, can you see the image files?
    What happens if you export the essay.odt as essay.pdf?
    ~Thank you for sharing an interesting problem.
    --
    slàinte mhath,
    rayH

  3. #3

    Default Re: LibreOffice disappear images

    The images are .png .jpeg .jpg that are in the Computer, they are images downloaded from the internet and some of my images are made with the mobile phone, the images are copied / pasted and then adapted to the various slides.
    It seems that when he saves he forgets the images, today we will try to save with name each new slide completed ..... there are more than thirty, let's see if we can proceed like this, it is something that makes the arms fall
    ------------------------------------
    Correct me if I'm wrong .
    ------------------------------------

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    19,845
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: LibreOffice disappear images

    I've done some tests on Leap 15 and on Tw, and I cannot reproduce the issue. Yet, if I do not embed the images, then move the odt online without the images, things go wrong. If I embed them, instead of saving them in some folder, the odt becomes bigger, but I can open it where ever I want. If I save the odt in the same folder as the images and copy the entire folder to f.e. my nextcloud instance, all works as expected.
    Are we talking about the stock LO that comes with the distro?
    Do you save the images in the same folder the odt is in?
    Any personal changes to the LO config?

    FWIW, I do understand your annoyance and the stress this brings to your daughter.
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

    ° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

    https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board#Members
    http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

  5. #5

    Default Re: LibreOffice disappear images

    Quote Originally Posted by Knurpht View Post
    I've done some tests on Leap 15 and on Tw, and I cannot reproduce the issue. Yet, if I do not embed the images, then move the odt online without the images, things go wrong. If I embed them, instead of saving them in some folder, the odt becomes bigger, but I can open it where ever I want. If I save the odt in the same folder as the images and copy the entire folder to f.e. my nextcloud instance, all works as expected.
    Are we talking about the stock LO that comes with the distro?
    Do you save the images in the same folder the odt is in?
    Any personal changes to the LO config?

    FWIW, I do understand your annoyance and the stress this brings to your daughter.
    Thank you very much for your reply, I accept any advice, because even because next week has the exams and must show the presentation.
    Now it is proceeding by saving with name for each slide that does, and must check what has saved because they disappear a quà, a la, random
    Now I tried on my Computer to download LibreOffice 6.1.0.0 if it does not go with its I'll try this Beta1; I hope I do not have to start PowerPoint in a virtual machine
    ------------------------------------
    Correct me if I'm wrong .
    ------------------------------------

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Virginia Sector 13
    Posts
    15,743

    Default Re: LibreOffice disappear images

    Be absolutely sure the images are embedded and not just linked. It makes a big difference. Note that LO stores by default in ODT which is a type zipped XML which is human readable so open in arc and inspect the document source XML files.

  7. #7

    Default Re: LibreOffice disappear images

    The images are incorporated correctly.
    The problem is when you add a slide and save, in practice it happens that saves not always correctly, now it is working with save as and has reached 55 saved presentations, so if the last does not save correctly takes the correct slides from previous .
    This is what happens when it does not save correctly


    The frame of the image is still there
    ------------------------------------
    Correct me if I'm wrong .
    ------------------------------------

  8. #8

    Default Re: LibreOffice disappear images

    On Sun, 10 Jun 2018 16:36:03 +0000, enziosavio wrote:

    > The images are incorporated correctly.
    > The problem is when you add a slide and save, in practice it happens
    > that saves not always correctly, now it is working with save as and has
    > reached 55 saved presentations, so if the last does not save correctly
    > takes the correct slides from previous .
    > This is what happens when it does not save correctly '[image:
    > https://s22.postimg.cc/4fnsi41zx/Sch..._18-29-27.png]'
    > (https://postimg.cc/image/4fnsi41zx/)
    >
    > The frame of the image is still there


    I just ran across an issue that may provide a clue to your problem. The
    wife was saving her files to a thumb drive and had me proof them on my
    laptop. After I went thru them, I saved the correct versions back to the
    thumb drive under a different .odt filename but she could not see those
    files when she put the USB stick back in her machine???

    To make a long story short, she could see the files and open them in
    LibreOffice from a dolphin session but could NOT see them from a file
    selection dialog opened from inside LibreOffice. I haven't had time to
    play with this odd behavior yet, but it looks like there is something
    funny going on with either paths or permissions between the two
    machines. Just for grins, next time a graphic is missing try looking for
    it with the file manager routine from within LibreOffice. You may have
    the same issue I'm seeing.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,997

    Default Re: LibreOffice disappear images

    I did a few tests I culdn't reproduce but this might not be the best place for your problem I'd suggest you try
    https://bugs.documentfoundation.org
    I know disappearing files from your work is frustrating but ...

  10. #10

    Default Re: LibreOffice disappear images

    Quote Originally Posted by I_A View Post
    I did a few tests I culdn't reproduce but this might not be the best place for your problem I'd suggest you try
    https://bugs.documentfoundation.org
    I know disappearing files from your work is frustrating but ...


    I would gladly do it, but I have to use the translator for everything, and I'm sure I would only mess with it
    ------------------------------------
    Correct me if I'm wrong .
    ------------------------------------

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •