Thread: Leap 15 boot screen three green dots on grey theme

Default Leap 15 boot screen three green dots on grey theme

I recently upgrade to Leap 15 from 42.3. It was smooth upgrade.
    When system starts there is three green dots on boot and no leap animation boot. Is this a plymouth problem? I have got Nvidia card.
    I had got the same problem in Opensuse 42.3. I have changed boot resolution to 1920x1080 but with no result.
    When I use Live CD with Leap 15 there is no problem with that.
    I know that this thread was in previous years and I googled it but still I can't find solution for that. I thought that in Leap 15 this problem was solved.

Default Re: Leap 15 boot screen three green dots on grey theme

Hi and welcome to the openSUSE Forums!
    This is a known problem, for instance see this https://forums.opensuse.org/showthre...04#post2859604 for a short explanation.
    Tumbleweed Gnome on i7 4720HQ + Geforce GTX960M
    testing Leap 15.3

Hi
    Thank you for a quick response.
    I read this thread before that you have linked it to me
    So there is no recipe for this for now. System works great and I can live without this small issue. This was my first time when I upgraded system with virtual console. It took almost 2 hours to change Leap 42.3 to Leap 15. Previously I always do a fresh installation.

I have got another minor issue. My system monitor do not recognize one of my fans. I have got 3 fans. That fan works. I did sensors-detect again with no result. My hardware sensor is it8718-isa-0290.
    This fan was recognized on Opensuse 42.3.

Quote Originally Posted by rektal View Post
    I have got another minor issue. My system monitor do not recognize one of my fans. I have got 3 fans. That fan works. I did sensors-detect again with no result. My hardware sensor is it8718-isa-0290.
    This fan was recognized on Opensuse 42.3.
    Better to start a new thread in the HW subforum with a title to catch the attention of sensor experts, see https://forums.opensuse.org/forumdis...p/672-Hardware
    Tumbleweed Gnome on i7 4720HQ + Geforce GTX960M
    testing Leap 15.3