Thread: firewalld not remembering settings

Default firewalld not remembering settings

having a problem getting firewalld to remember its settings (opening ports for samba and kdeconnect).
    opening up the firewall config utility in yast and checking the boxes for kdeconnect and samba things work fine.
    Upon reboot of the computer I can't connect to my phone using kdeconnect. Strating up the firewall config utility I can see the both kdeconnect and samba are no longer checked.
    Checking them again I am back in business - but on reboot settings are lost again.

Known issue?

this is a fresh install of Leap 15 btw . . . so no carryover config issues from susefirewall2

Default Re: firewalld not remembering settings

actually . . . it appears even a reboot isn't necessary to lose firewalld settings.
    Simply stopping it in yast > services manager and then restarting it all settings are lost

Default Re: firewalld not remembering settings (solved)

oh . . . ignore my thread.
    I had to select "permanent" instead of "runtime" from the dropdown box in the config utility wen making changes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by farcusnz View Post
    oh . . . ignore my thread.
    I had to select "permanent" instead of "runtime" from the dropdown box in the config utility wen making changes.
    All good. It's a common mistake to make when first using firewalld, so this thread might help others who come searching.
    openSUSE Leap 15.3; KDE Plasma 5

Quote Originally Posted by deano_ferrari View Post
    All good. It's a common mistake to make when first using firewalld, so this thread might help others who come searching.
    Yep, it is easy to miss at first, so some extra publicity by way of this thread can help others.
    "Take a Walk on a Sunny Day, Greet everyone along the way, and Make Somebody Smile, Today"
    Gerry Jack Macks"Walk On A Sunny Day" GerryJackMacks.net