password-store not as official release for Leap 15.0

I just noticed that https://software.opensuse.org/package/password-store is not anymore available as official release for 15.0.

I wonder about few things:

1. As it was as official release for Leap 42.3 will it at some point available in the same way for Leap 15.0? Or all of it just means that Suse does not want to support it officially anymore?

2. What does exactly mean that there is experimental package?

3. Why there are multiple community packages? Why Suse decided to allow multiple community packages instead for example following the way of Arch’s AUR where users are encourage to improve one build instead of adding another ones?

Sorry for maybe noob questions. I am new to Open Suse and would like to understand more its philosophy.

Hi
With respect to your points;

1. Looks like it never made the grade for Leap 15 as it’s failing to build;
    https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/security%3Aprivacy/password-store#

2. Experimental is the development repository which is where it moves from to the distribution (at a point in time) and rolling releases from.

3. The openSUSE Build Service (OBS) is a versatile system, not just packages but images and also multiple distributions, so you can create your own project to do what your wanting to do. Since only X releases are supported they can get dropped from an older release, but a ‘community/home’ user may want to keep it building for say openSUSE Leap 42.1 in this case they would probably link to the ‘experimental/development’, which in the above link, top right you will see that there are eight (8) derived packages for what ever reason (you would have to ask the user).

Normally if a user wants to fix something they branch the package (not link or copy) so then you can see that someone has decided to fix, in this case it may not even build for Leap 15 anymore due to changes in the release so needs some TLC for patching possibly, again you would need to ask the maintainers…