Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Adobe Flash Player Not Detected In Firefox 60.0.1

  1. #1

    Default Adobe Flash Player Not Detected In Firefox 60.0.1

    I upgraded from Leap 42.3 to Leap 15.0 and since that time when I visit sites with Firefox 60.0.1 they are telling me that Adobe Flash Player is not installed even though it is.
    If I go to this site: https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/about/ with Firefox, it tells me that I have Adobe 29.0.0.171 installed.
    But if I go, for instance, to https://www.accuradio.com/ the site informs me that I do not have Flash Player installed and so no music can be streamed..

    In Firefox, under Plugins, it shows that Shockwave Flash 29.0.r0 is set to Always Activate.

    Anyone has a solution to this problem?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicago suburbs
    Posts
    15,685
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Adobe Flash Player Not Detected In Firefox 60.0.1

    Quote Originally Posted by tb75252 View Post
    But if I go, for instance, to https://www.accuradio.com/ the site informs me that I do not have Flash Player installed and so no music can be streamed..
    Working fine here.

    Check whether you have it installed

    When I first tried it with firefox quantum, it did not work. I was still running Leap 42.3 at that time (maybe two weeks ago). But I actually did not have flash installed. Instead, I was using "freshplayerplugin" and "flash-player-ppapi". And that did not work. When I uninstalled "freshplayerplugin" and went with the real "flash-player" for firefox (the npapi version), it started working.

    I'm guessing that's probably your problem, too.

    With the previous firefox (52.x-esr), the real "flash-player" did not work properly. It apparently bypassed "pulseaudio" with the effect that I could not use a flash app and also some other application using sound. Whichever one started first would block the other. So I switched to "freshplayerplugin". Now with firefox quantum, the real "flash-player" does go through "pulseaudio" so my reason for using "freshplayerplugin" no longer applies.
    openSUSE Leap 15.3; KDE Plasma 5.18.6;

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Posts
    20,925
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: Adobe Flash Player Not Detected In Firefox 60.0.1

    Quote Originally Posted by tb75252 View Post
    I upgraded from Leap 42.3 to Leap 15.0 and since that time when I visit sites with Firefox 60.0.1 they are telling me that Adobe Flash Player is not installed even though it is.
    If I go to this site: https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/about/ with Firefox, it tells me that I have Adobe 29.0.0.171 installed.
    But if I go, for instance, to https://www.accuradio.com/ the site informs me that I do not have Flash Player installed and so no music can be streamed..

    In Firefox, under Plugins, it shows that Shockwave Flash 29.0.r0 is set to Always Activate.

    Anyone has a solution to this problem?
    The maintainers of the site, that still haven't moved away from Flash, even though Adobe themselves told them so?

    Where is the plugin located, is the path in FF's search path. Did you try copying it to ~/.mozilla/plugins ?
    More serious: did you try Chromium and the pepperflash stuff ?
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

    ° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

    http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicago suburbs
    Posts
    15,685
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Adobe Flash Player Not Detected In Firefox 60.0.1

    Quote Originally Posted by nrickert View Post
    Working fine here.
    I have to qualify that earlier reply. I went to the site you listed, and played some music from a classical channel.

    However, I have firefox set to ask before activating flash, and it never asked. So it must be using something other than flash to play that music.

    This site: http://www.uclick.com/client/isn/sudoc/ does use flash, and it is working fine here (and asks me to activate each time).
    openSUSE Leap 15.3; KDE Plasma 5.18.6;

  5. #5

    Default Re: Adobe Flash Player Not Detected In Firefox 60.0.1

    Quote Originally Posted by nrickert View Post
    Working fine here.

    Check whether you have it installed

    When I first tried it with firefox quantum, it did not work. I was still running Leap 42.3 at that time (maybe two weeks ago). But I actually did not have flash installed. Instead, I was using "freshplayerplugin" and "flash-player-ppapi". And that did not work. When I uninstalled "freshplayerplugin" and went with the real "flash-player" for firefox (the npapi version), it started working.

    I'm guessing that's probably your problem, too.

    With the previous firefox (52.x-esr), the real "flash-player" did not work properly. It apparently bypassed "pulseaudio" with the effect that I could not use a flash app and also some other application using sound. Whichever one started first would block the other. So I switched to "freshplayerplugin". Now with firefox quantum, the real "flash-player" does go through "pulseaudio" so my reason for using "freshplayerplugin" no longer applies.
    accuradio.com works fine with Ubuntu so what I did is to copy the Firefox profile from Ubuntu to openSUSE. Unfortunately, it still does not work.

    YaST2 -> Software Management shows that flash-player-ppapi is installed. I think that I need to install flash-player-npapi. Would these instructions work fine? https://en.opensuse.org/Adobe_Flash_Player

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicago suburbs
    Posts
    15,685
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Adobe Flash Player Not Detected In Firefox 60.0.1

    Quote Originally Posted by tb75252 View Post
    YaST2 -> Software Management shows that flash-player-ppapi is installed. I think that I need to install flash-player-npapi. Would these instructions work fine? https://en.opensuse.org/Adobe_Flash_Player
    That gives too many choices.

    If you have the packman repo configured, then just install "flash-player" from packman.
    If you don't have packman repo configured, then do that first.

    *** configure packman repo ***
    Yast --> Software Repositories
    Click "Add" (near bottom left)
    Select "Community Repositories"; click "Next"
    Select "Packman Repository"
    Click "OK".
    Follow your nose to complete the setup.

    *** install flash ***
    Yast --> Software Management
    Click "Search" (might already be selected)
    Enter "Flash" into search box, and search
    Select "flash-player"
    If there is a conflict resolution popup, select the box to remove "freshplayerplugin" and then "Try Again"
    Click "Accept"

    and you should be set.

    I probably gave more detail than needed, but you are relatively new to openSUSE, so why not.

    Your firefox profile from ubuntu should be fine.
    openSUSE Leap 15.3; KDE Plasma 5.18.6;

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Sauerland
    Posts
    6,739

    Default AW: Adobe Flash Player Not Detected In Firefox 60.0.1

    This is what I get by cliking on 1980s Hits:
    https://d1qg6pckcqcdk0.cloudfront.ne...oweroflove.m4a

    No flash.

    Try to install all needed packages:
    https://forums.opensuse.org/showthre...SUSE-Leap-42-3

    But change the URLs to 15.0.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Adobe Flash Player Not Detected In Firefox 60.0.1

    Quote Originally Posted by nrickert View Post
    That gives too many choices.

    If you have the packman repo configured, then just install "flash-player" from packman.
    If you don't have packman repo configured, then do that first.

    *** configure packman repo ***
    Yast --> Software Repositories
    Click "Add" (near bottom left)
    Select "Community Repositories"; click "Next"
    Select "Packman Repository"
    Click "OK".
    Follow your nose to complete the setup.

    *** install flash ***
    Yast --> Software Management
    Click "Search" (might already be selected)
    Enter "Flash" into search box, and search
    Select "flash-player"
    If there is a conflict resolution popup, select the box to remove "freshplayerplugin" and then "Try Again"
    Click "Accept"

    and you should be set.

    I probably gave more detail than needed, but you are relatively new to openSUSE, so why not.

    Your firefox profile from ubuntu should be fine.
    It shows that flash-player-ppapi is installed. I think that I need to find a way to install flash-player-npapi instead.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicago suburbs
    Posts
    15,685
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Adobe Flash Player Not Detected In Firefox 60.0.1

    Quote Originally Posted by tb75252 View Post
    It shows that flash-player-ppapi is installed. I think that I need to find a way to install flash-player-npapi instead.
    If you configured the packman repo, as described, the flash-player should now be available for installing with Yast software manager.

    When you search for "flash" you will see "flash-player-ppapi". Keep scrolling down. The display shows the installed packages first. And the available packages. The available packages are in alphabetical order, once you have scrolled past the uninstalled ones. Just check the box for "flash-player".
    openSUSE Leap 15.3; KDE Plasma 5.18.6;

  10. #10

    Default Re: Adobe Flash Player Not Detected In Firefox 60.0.1

    Quote Originally Posted by nrickert View Post
    If you configured the packman repo, as described, the flash-player should now be available for installing with Yast software manager.

    When you search for "flash" you will see "flash-player-ppapi". Keep scrolling down. The display shows the installed packages first. And the available packages. The available packages are in alphabetical order, once you have scrolled past the uninstalled ones. Just check the box for "flash-player".
    When I do a search for "flash" in YaST2 it shows that I have "flash-player" and "flash-player-ppapi" installed. Before it also showed that I had "flash-player-plugin" installed but that has disappeared from the list.
    In Firefox when I go to Add-ons -> Plugins it no longer shows an entry for Shockwave Flash...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •