FreeCAD install issue

I just completed a zypper dup upgrade from 42.3 to 15.0 on two of my daily machines.
>>> My complements to the team - easy and almost 100% complete effortless upgrade. <<<

Always hard to make comparisons, but 15.0 seems ‘snappier’ on now two machines (laptop, desktop).
And 42.3 was already a very satisfying experience.

So far my only issue is that FreeCAD from the science repo has a dependency issue in YAST.
Trying to ignore it yields a failure when looking for libshiboken2.cpython-36m-x86_64-linux-gnu.so.2.0.
I’ll assume that will work itself out, I keep FreeCAD around but do not use it all that much.

Have you tried to install the version from the standard repo (i.e. not science) instead?
It is included in the distribution after all.

Other than that, it’s hard to say anything without knowing the exact dependency conflict message, and maybe your repo list.

AFAICT, libshiboken2.cpython-36m-x86_64-linux-gnu.so.2.0 should be in the package python3-pyside2, but you probably agreed to not install that when you got the conflict.

Honest answer - I didn’t look there, had always loaded from science in past.

But, when I do try from OSS, Software management want to make 1302 changes to my system, which probably says it is not compatible with
Frameworks5 environment at the moment

AFAICT, libshiboken2.cpython-36m-x86_64-linux-gnu.so.2.0 should be in the package python3-pyside2, but you probably agreed to not install that when you got the conflict.

You would be correct, as usual.

Thanks

Well, yes.
It is incompatible with the updated Qt5 in KDE:Qt5, but that’s the case for the version in science too.
So I’m now wondering how you actually managed to install it at all before…

You would be correct, as usual.

Well, and what conflict do you get when you run “zypper in python3-pyside2”?

Maybe you should consider removing the additional KDE and Qt5 repos if you want to have FreeCAD.
The packages in Leap 15.0 are brand new anyway and the latest stable versions like Tumbleweed (ok, Qt5 is at 5.9 because that’s an LTS release, but that shouldn’t make too much difference for you as user).

Well, and what conflict do you get when you run “zypper in python3-pyside2”?

sudo zypper in python3-pyside2
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...
'python3-pyside2' is already installed.
No update candidate for 'python3-pyside2-2.0~pre.1526654735.3f8c8702-lp150.7.1.x86_64'. The highest available version is already installed.

Thanks for suggestions

So it is installed, but then libshiboken2.cpython-36m-x86_64-linux-gnu.so should be there.

But again, FreeCAD won’t fully work with KDE:Qt5 because it is built against python3-pyside 5.9 and Qt 5.9.

I actually installed it myself last weekend. There were no conflicts, but it gave an error message on runtime that it couldn’t load python3-pyside2 (because of missing symbols) and some functionality was missing. I cannot tell you what exactly because I actually never used FreeCAD at all.

Downgrading python3-pyside2 to the standard version would mean downgrading all the KDE and Qt5 packages as well.

I also tried to build FreeCAD against the latest Qt5 in KDE:Qt5, but that failed.

So, again, if you depend on FreeCAD, forget about KDE:Frameworks5 and KDE:Qt5 (for the moment at least).