Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Unable to perform osc build Error: build ('/usr/bin/build') command not found

  1. #1

    Question Unable to perform osc build Error: build ('/usr/bin/build') command not found

    Hello all , i am pretty new to osc. I am trying to create package for s390x distro. s390x is based on SLES 12.

    When i perform osc build <project here> . i get following errors

    Code:
    Error: build ('/usr/bin/build') command not found
    Install the build package from http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/openSUSE:/Tools/
    I did visited the link above : http://download.opensuse.org/reposit..._12_SP3/s390x/

    and downloaded all the RPMs in that directory. installed them still same error.

    I am not really sure how to set it up. I also have OpenSUSE LEAP 42.3 on which there is no problem .

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    24,380
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Unable to perform osc build Error: build ('/usr/bin/build') command not found

    Quote Originally Posted by jayssj11 View Post
    Hello all , i am pretty new to osc. I am trying to create package for s390x distro. s390x is based on SLES 12.

    When i perform osc build <project here> . i get following errors

    Code:
    Error: build ('/usr/bin/build') command not found
    Install the build package from http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/openSUSE:/Tools/
    I did visited the link above : http://download.opensuse.org/reposit..._12_SP3/s390x/

    and downloaded all the RPMs in that directory. installed them still same error.

    I am not really sure how to set it up. I also have OpenSUSE LEAP 42.3 on which there is no problem .
    Hi and welcome to the Forum
    Is the SLE SDK repository enabled on your system, this is where the package 'build' resides;
    Code:
    Information for package build:
    ------------------------------
    Repository     : SLE-SDK12-SP3-Updates            
    Name           : build                            
    Version        : 20171128-9.3.2                   
    Arch           : noarch                           
    Vendor         : SUSE LLC <https://www.suse.com/> 
    Support Level  : unknown                          
    Installed Size : 1.3 MiB                          
    Installed      : No                               
    Status         : not installed                    
    Source package : build-20171128-9.3.2.src         
    Summary        : A Script to Build SUSE Linux RPMs
    Description    :                                  
        This package provides a script for building RPMs for SUSE Linux in a
        chroot environment.
    You also need to ensure you run visudo and add your user to allow /usr/bin/build to run and also configure in your ~/.oscrc.
    Code:
    username ALL = NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/build
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME 3.28.2
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  3. #3

    Default Re: Unable to perform osc build Error: build ('/usr/bin/build') command not found

    Hey i fixed it .
    i was looking at the wrong dir : http://download.opensuse.org/reposit..._12_SP3/s390x/


    it was supposed to be in : http://download.opensuse.org/reposit...12_SP3/noarch/



    now there is this error "s390x is not a valid arch for the repository openSUSE_Tumbleweed, use one of: i586, x86_64"

    i guess i have to define build targets not sure . I don't know how to define them

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    24,380
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Unable to perform osc build Error: build ('/usr/bin/build') command not found

    Quote Originally Posted by jayssj11 View Post
    Hey i fixed it .
    i was looking at the wrong dir : http://download.opensuse.org/reposit..._12_SP3/s390x/


    it was supposed to be in : http://download.opensuse.org/reposit...12_SP3/noarch/



    now there is this error "s390x is not a valid arch for the repository openSUSE_Tumbleweed, use one of: i586, x86_64"

    i guess i have to define build targets not sure . I don't know how to define them
    Hi
    Via the WEB Ui -> Project -> Repositories and edit to add the build target.
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME 3.28.2
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  5. #5

    Default Re: Unable to perform osc build Error: build ('/usr/bin/build') command not found

    Hi , these are the current build settings yet i am getting same error ( see the image below)

    Link : https://s9.postimg.cc/c4v58h8dr/build.png

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    24,380
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Unable to perform osc build Error: build ('/usr/bin/build') command not found

    Quote Originally Posted by jayssj11 View Post
    Hi , these are the current build settings yet i am getting same error ( see the image below)

    Link : https://s9.postimg.cc/c4v58h8dr/build.png
    Hi
    So what is your build host, I'm guessing your using osc locally? What command are you running?
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME 3.28.2
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  7. #7

    Default Re: Unable to perform osc build Error: build ('/usr/bin/build') command not found

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi
    So what is your build host, I'm guessing your using osc locally? What command are you running?
    i have 2 systems.
    1. opensuse LEAP : where it is working ( local system )
    2. IBM LinuxOne s390x : where i want it to work too ( remote server) . connected to it via ssh .

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    24,380
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Unable to perform osc build Error: build ('/usr/bin/build')command not found

    On Fri 18 May 2018 06:56:03 PM CDT, jayssj11 wrote:

    malcolmlewis;2865547 Wrote:
    > Hi
    > So what is your build host, I'm guessing your using osc locally? What
    > command are you running?


    i have 2 systems.
    1. opensuse LEAP : where it is working ( local system )
    2. IBM LinuxOne s390x : where i want it to work too ( remote server) .
    connected to it via ssh .


    Hi
    So you trying to build on the openSUSE Leap system, if so you will need
    to look at qemu/kvm, else is the s390 system have internet access? If
    so, then install osc and configure oscrc as required.

    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SLES 15 RC4 | GNOME Shell 3.26.2 | 4.12.14-18-default
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •