Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chromium refuses to open..

Default Chromium refuses to open..

I am having trouble getting chromium to run from either terminal or clicking its icon including using the --

Code:
    chromium --disable -extensions.
    and
    Code:
    chromium --safe-plugins

Everything was working perfectly a week ago, now I open it and it does open then immdetialy gets stuck ( I say its opens because Session Buddy does register but all I see is the background and a few seconds later it says pae unresponsive.
    Problem is not consistant, it runs one time and the other time it doesn't giving me different terminal outputs. at first it had something to do with KDE Wallet :

Code:
    libva info: VA-API version 0.39.4
    libva info: va_getDriverName() returns 0
    libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib64/dri/nvidia_drv_video.so
    libva info: va_openDriver() returns -1
    [9977:9977:0509/201742.551313:ERROR:vaapi_wrapper.cc(260)] vaInitialize failed: unknown libva error
    [9920:9995:0509/201742.798000:ERROR:object_proxy.cc(617)] Failed to call method: org.kde.KWallet.isEnabled: object_path= /modules/kwalletd5: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Message did not receive a reply (timeout by message bus)
    [9920:9995:0509/201742.798049:ERROR:kwallet_dbus.cc(100)] Error contacting kwalletd5 (isEnabled)
    [9920:9995:0509/201742.799272:ERROR:object_proxy.cc(617)] Failed to call method: org.kde.KLauncher.start_service_by_desktop_name: object_path= /KLauncher: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.kde.klauncher was not provided by any .service files
    [9920:9995:0509/201742.799294:ERROR:kwallet_dbus.cc(72)] Error contacting klauncher to start kwalletd5
    [9920:9920:0509/201743.093321:ERROR:background_mode_manager_aura.cc(13)] Not implemented reached in virtual void BackgroundModeManager::EnableLaunchOnStartup(bool)
    [9977:9977:0509/201743.703429:ERROR:buffer_manager.cc(452)] [.DisplayCompositor-0x2246b4f01c00]GL ERROR :GL_INVALID_ENUM : glBufferData: <- error from previous GL command
    libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
    [9920:9938:0509/201814.571669:ERROR:object_proxy.cc(617)] Failed to call method: org.kde.KWallet.isEnabled: object_path= /modules/kwalletd5: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Message did not receive a reply (timeout by message bus)
    [9920:9938:0509/201814.571722:ERROR:kwallet_dbus.cc(100)] Error contacting kwalletd5 (isEnabled)
    [9920:9938:0509/201814.573381:ERROR:object_proxy.cc(617)] Failed to call method: org.kde.KLauncher.start_service_by_desktop_name: object_path= /KLauncher: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.kde.klauncher was not provided by any .service files
    [9920:9938:0509/201814.573418:ERROR:kwallet_dbus.cc(72)] Error contacting klauncher to start kwalletd5
    [9920:9938:0509/201814.766841:ERROR:object_proxy.cc(617)] Failed to call method: org.kde.KWallet.close: object_path= /modules/kwalletd5: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Message did not receive a reply (timeout by message bus)
    [9920:9938:0509/201814.766885:ERROR:kwallet_dbus.cc(414)] Error contacting kwalletd5 (close)
    Enabling KDE wallet service solved some of it.

then came :
    Code:
    dark@laptop01:~> chromium --disable -extensions
    [16357:16357:0509/203902.869937:ERROR:vaapi_wrapper.cc(260)] vaInitialize failed: unknown libva error
    [16357:16357:0509/203903.879121:ERROR:buffer_manager.cc(452)] [.DisplayCompositor-0x35e1e7df7300]GL ERROR :GL_INVALID_ENUM : glBufferData: <- error from previous GL command
    Disabling hardware acceleration seemed to help that.

Now im stuck with these errors :

Code:
    [17066:17066:0509/204237.500134:ERROR:zygote_communication_linux.cc(278)] Failed to send GetTerminationStatus message to zygote
    Code:
    libpng warning: iCCP: cHRM chunk does not match sRGB
    Code:
    Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/fonts.conf", line 146: blank doesn't take any effect anymore. please remove it from your fonts.conf
    Takes a few tries to load Chromium but it does eventually start.

I'm on OpenSUSE Leap. chromium version : 66.0.3359.139

Blog Entries

Default Re: Chromium refuses to open..

Speculating that when Chromium launches, you're trying to open a video, and you're disabling extensions and plugins so I'm not sure how the browser can play that video.
    Set your home page to www.google.com, see if that solves your problem.

Or, specify your destination in your command, like
    Code:
    chromium --disable -extensions. www.google.com

TSU
    Beginner Wiki Quickstart - https://en.opensuse.org/User:Tsu2/Quickstart_Wiki
    Solved a problem recently? Create a wiki page for future personal reference!
    Learn something new?
    Attended a computing event?
    Post and Share!

Didn't help, all chromium based browsers are refusing to work properly ( Vivaldi, Chrome, Chromium ).

your errors seam to be related to kwalletd5 even tho I'm a kde user I don't use kwallet all I can suggest is trying a new clean user profile and if that fixes things try removing the old kde config files as this doesn't look like a chromium issue but a kwallet one

this error
    Code:
    [9977:9977:0509/201742.551313:ERROR:vaapi_wrapper.cc(260)] vaInitialize failed: unknown libva error
    suggests missing VA support seeing how you've got an nvidia card you need libva-vdpau-driver installed as nvidia cards don't have native va-api support
    https://software.opensuse.org/packag...a-vdpau-driver
    Code:
    zypper in libva-vdpau-driver
    so either install libva-vdpau-driver or remove all va-api packages (libva) and let Chromium default to vdpau
    another question have you done a full vendor change to packman although va-api has nothing to do with packman you'll need packman's ffmpeg and libav packages to get multimedia working in chromium (vivaldi needs chromium-ffmpeg-extra too)

Quote Originally Posted by I_A View Post
    your errors seam to be related to kwalletd5 even tho I'm a kde user I don't use kwallet all I can suggest is trying a new clean user profile and if that fixes things try removing the old kde config files as this doesn't look like a chromium issue but a kwallet one
    I did manage to fix the kwallet error I believe. I will follow your advice just to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by I_A View Post
    this error
    Code:
    suggests missing VA support seeing how you've got an nvidia card you need libva-vdpau-driver installed as nvidia cards don't have native va-api support
    https://software.opensuse.org/packag...a-vdpau-driver
    Code:
    zypper in libva-vdpau-driver
    so either install libva-vdpau-driver or remove all va-api packages (libva) and let Chromium default to vdpau
    another question have you done a full vendor change to packman although va-api has nothing to do with packman you'll need packman's ffmpeg and libav packages to get multimedia working in chromium (vivaldi needs chromium-ffmpeg-extra too)
    I'll check it out.

None of the solutions worked, did a roll back with snapper.
    Do FirePro and Radeon gpu's also have this much problems on OpenSUSE ?

I run 42.3 on an older Geforce 240 with the G03 driver and all browsers work flawlessly ie have no issues I have no idea why Chromium based browsers want to use va-api for your system
    is that a desktop or a laptop
    if a desktop what cpu do you have ie do you have a newer cpu that comes witrh an extra gpu
    Code:
    sudo lspci | grep VGA
    sudo lscpu
    what nvidia driver do you have?
    Code:
    zypper se -si nvidia
    we're not mind readers just saying it doesn't work doesn't help us fix things
    after installing libva-vdpau-driver does the va-api error still appear?
    have you tried removing libva as it's not really needed on pure nvidia systems (don't do it if you have an i3 - i7 cpu)?

Itś a laptop, graphics card is Nvidia Quadro 880M, was using the x11-G02 Nvidia drivers, libva-vdpau did not have any effect, just to be sure I am currently doing a rollback and retrying the whole thing again..

I have a feeling you might have packages from different distro's
    how did you install 42.3 was it a clean install or a live upgrade
    check your repo list
    Code:
    zypper lr -d
    according to this site
    https://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA...M.24735.0.html
    the Quadro 880M is based on the GeForce GT 330M that means you should be using the G03 driver
    that site also says that the Quadro 880M is available in optimus configurations
    so what cpu do you have does it come with a bundled gpu if it does you might have an optimus rig and need bumblebee
    more info about your gpu and cpu is needed
    Code:
    sudo lspci | grep VGA
    sudo lscpu
    https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:NVIDIA_Bumblebee
    how did you install the driver did yast auto select it or did you install it manually?
    Last edited by I_A; 14-May-2018 at 12:30.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast