Thread: Plasma not rendering itself on Leap 15

Unhappy Plasma not rendering itself on Leap 15

I've upgraded Leap 42.3 to 15 and now plasma doesn't render any of its widgets. They seems to be operational, like I can use krunner but I can't see it or get context menus on righn-click and I can see some of the silhouettes (of krunner for example) - like widget is fully transparent and I can see only the blur effect or something. I tried to restart plasma the way I used to, but it doesn't work:

Code:
    :~> killall plasma-desktop                                       
    plasma-desktop: no process found

I also tried:
    Code:
    :~> plasma-desktop --replace
    If 'plasma-desktop' is not a typo you can use command-not-found to lookup the packag
    e that contains it, like this:                                                       
        cnf plasma-desktop       

:~> cnf plasma-desktop

The program 'plasma-desktop' can be found in the following package:                  
      * kdebase4-workspace [ path: /usr/bin/plasma-desktop, repository: zypp (download.o
    pensuse.org-oss) ]                                                                   

Try installing with:                                                                 
        sudo zypper install kdebase4-workspace 

However if I try to install `kdebase4-workspace` I get following conflict which I don't know to resolve:
    Code:
    #### YaST2 conflicts list - generated 2018-05-03 19:15:14 ####

powerdevil5-5.12.4-lp150.2.1.x86_64 conflicts with kdebase4-workspace < 5.3.0 provided by kdebase4-workspace-4.11.22-lp150.7.15.x86_64

[ ] do not install kdebase4-workspace-4.11.22-lp150.7.15.x86_64

[ ] Following actions will be done:
    deinstallation of powerdevil5-5.12.4-lp150.2.1.x86_64
    deinstallation of plasma5-workspace-5.12.4-lp150.4.1.x86_64
    deinstallation of plasma5-desktop-5.12.4-lp150.2.2.x86_64
    deinstallation of libksysguard5-helper-5.12.4-lp150.2.1.x86_64
    deinstallation of kmenuedit5-5.12.4-lp150.1.1.x86_64
    deinstallation of kinfocenter5-5.12.4-lp150.1.1.x86_64
    deinstallation of powerdevil5-lang-5.12.4-lp150.2.1.noarch
    deinstallation of plasma5-session-5.12.4-lp150.4.1.noarch
    deinstallation of sddm-theme-openSUSE-15.0~git20180421T093411~6c02346-lp150.2.1.noarch
    deinstallation of plasma5-workspace-lang-5.12.4-lp150.4.1.noarch
    deinstallation of plasma5-workspace-branding-openSUSE-15.0~git20180421T093411~6c02346-lp150.2.1.noarch
    deinstallation of plasma5-desktop-lang-5.12.4-lp150.2.2.noarch
    deinstallation of ksysguard5-5.12.4-lp150.1.1.x86_64
    deinstallation of kmenuedit5-lang-5.12.4-lp150.1.1.noarch
    deinstallation of kinfocenter5-lang-5.12.4-lp150.1.1.noarch
    deinstallation of sddm-branding-openSUSE-0.17.0-lp150.6.2.x86_64
    deinstallation of ksysguard5-lang-5.12.4-lp150.1.1.noarch

#### YaST2 conflicts list END ###

Default AW: Plasma not rendering itself on Leap 15

Quote Originally Posted by riabovvv View Post
    I've upgraded Leap 42.3 to 15 and now plasma doesn't render any of its widgets. They seems to be operational, like I can use krunner
    krunner is *not* a "Plasma widget", it is a stand-alone application that opens its own window.

but I can't see it or get context menus on righn-click and I can see some of the silhouettes (of krunner for example) - like widget is fully transparent and I can see only the blur effect or something.
    So is plasmashell running at all?

If yes, run systemsettings5 and try to disable desktop effects/compositing.
    If no, try to run plasmashell and maybe post the output if it crashes again.

I tried to restart plasma the way I used to, but it doesn't work:

Code:
    :~> killall plasma-desktop                                       
    plasma-desktop: no process found

I also tried:
    Code:
    :~> plasma-desktop --replace
    If 'plasma-desktop' is not a typo you can use command-not-found to lookup the packag
    e that contains it, like this:                                                       
        cnf plasma-desktop       

That's because the process and executable is called "plasmashell".

"plasma-desktop" was the name in KDE4 times, as your followup command shows.

However if I try to install `kdebase4-workspace` I get following conflict which I don't know to resolve:
    You cannot install KDE4/Plasma1 and Plasma5 at the same time.
    And the former is not in a usable condition at all any more, so do *not* install it.
    Last edited by wolfi323; 03-May-2018 at 09:36.

Default Re: Plasma not rendering itself on Leap 15

run systemsettings5 and try to disable desktop effects/compositing.
    I cant't navigate to this particular section in settings. In console I see these messages when I try to:
    Code:
    QQuickWidget: Attempted to render scene with no contextcomposeAndFlush: makeCurrent() failed
    composeAndFlush: makeCurrent() failed
    Thanks for the clarification on `plasmashell`. Here is the output when I try to restart it (it restarts but the issue persists):

Code:
    :~> kstart plasmashell  
    kstart(23375) main: Omitting both --window and --windowclass arguments is not recomm
    ended                                                                                
    :~> kf5.karchive: bzDecompress returned -5
    org.kde.plasmaquick: Applet preload policy set to 1
    libGL error: unable to load driver: swrast_dri.so
    libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
    Unrecognized OpenGL version
    QGLXContext: Failed to create dummy context
    Warning: all files used by qml by the plasmoid should be in ui/. The file in the pat
    h "file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.desktopcontainment/contents/code/Layou
    tManager.js" was expected at QUrl("file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.deskto
    pcontainment/contents/ui/LayoutManager.js")
    Warning: all files used by qml by the plasmoid should be in ui/. The file in the pat
    h "file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.desktopcontainment/contents/code/Folde
    rTools.js" was expected at QUrl("file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.desktopc
    ontainment/contents/ui/FolderTools.js")
    failed to acquire GL context to resolve capabilities, using defaults..
    file:///usr/share/plasma/wallpapers/org.kde.slideshow/contents/ui/main.qml:261:18: U
    nable to assign [undefined] to bool
    file:///usr/share/plasma/wallpapers/org.kde.slideshow/contents/ui/main.qml:272:18: U
    file:///usr/share/plasma/wallpapers/org.kde.slideshow/contents/ui/main.qml:282:18: U
    file:///usr/share/plasma/wallpapers/org.kde.slideshow/contents/ui/main.qml:293:18: U
    file:///usr/share/plasma/wallpapers/org.kde.slideshow/contents/ui/main.qml:293:18: U
    file:///usr/share/plasma/wallpapers/org.kde.slideshow/contents/ui/main.qml:282:18: U
    No file found for ".xml" , even though update-mime-info said it would exist.
    Either it was just removed, or the directory doesn't have executable permission... (
    "/home/master/.local/share/mime", "/usr/share/mime")
    file:///usr/share/plasma/wallpapers/org.kde.slideshow/contents/ui/main.qml:272:18: U
    file:///usr/share/plasma/wallpapers/org.kde.slideshow/contents/ui/main.qml:261:18: U
    trying to show an empty dialog
    No file found for ".xml" , even though update-mime-info said it would exist.
    Either it was just removed, or the directory doesn't have executable permission... (
    "/home/master/.local/share/mime", "/usr/share/mime")
    kf5.kpackage: No metadata file in the package, expected it at: "/windows/Trash_Stora
    ge/Мои документы/Мои рисунки/обои/nature_hd/"
    kf5.kpackage: No metadata file in the package, expected it at: "/windows/Trash_Stora
    qml: Reading resources from configuration: [{"alias":"GPU","childSourceObjects":{"lm
    sensors/asus-isa-0000/cpu_fan":{"temperature":0},"lmsensors/k10temp-pci-00c3/temp1":
    {"temperature":0},"lmsensors/radeon-pci-0100/temp1":{"temperature":0},"udisks/Optiar
    c_DVD_RW_AD_7261S_Optiarc_DVD_RW_AD_7261S":{"temperature":0},"udisks/SAMSUNG_HD103UJ
    _S13PJ1KSB00641":{"temperature":0},"udisks/ST2000DM006_2DM1_Z4Z9H4K9":{"temperature"
    :0}},"meltdownTemperature":90,"overrideLimitTemperatures":false,"sourceName":"lmsens
    ors/radeon-pci-0100/temp1","virtual":false,"warningTemperature":70},{"alias":"HDD","
    childSourceObjects":{"lmsensors/asus-isa-0000/cpu_fan":{"temperature":0},"lmsensors/
    k10temp-pci-00c3/temp1":{"temperature":0},"lmsensors/radeon-pci-0100/temp1":{"temper
    ature":0},"udisks/Optiarc_DVD_RW_AD_7261S_Optiarc_DVD_RW_AD_7261S":{"temperature":0}
    ,"udisks/SAMSUNG_HD103UJ_S13PJ1KSB00641":{"temperature":0},"udisks/ST2000DM006_2DM1_
    Z4Z9H4K9":{"temperature":0}},"meltdownTemperature":90,"overrideLimitTemperatures":fa
    lse,"sourceName":"udisks/ST2000DM006_2DM1_Z4Z9H4K9","virtual":false,"warningTemperat
    ure":70},{"alias":"CPU","childSourceObjects":{"lmsensors/asus-isa-0000/cpu_fan":{"te
    mperature":0},"lmsensors/k10temp-pci-00c3/temp1":{"temperature":0},"lmsensors/radeon
    -pci-0100/temp1":{"temperature":0},"udisks/Optiarc_DVD_RW_AD_7261S_Optiarc_DVD_RW_AD
    _7261S":{"temperature":0},"udisks/SAMSUNG_HD103UJ_S13PJ1KSB00641":{"temperature":0},
    "udisks/ST2000DM006_2DM1_Z4Z9H4K9":{"temperature":0}},"meltdownTemperature":90,"over
    rideLimitTemperatures":false,"sourceName":"lmsensors/k10temp-pci-00c3/temp1","virtua
    l":false,"warningTemperature":70}]
    Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QStrin
    g,QString,QString)
    Trying to use rootObject before initialization is completed, whilst using setInitial
    izationDelayed. Forcing completion
    Both point size and pixel size set. Using pixel size.
    h "file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.panel/contents/code/LayoutManager.js" 
    was expected at QUrl("file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.panel/contents/ui/L
    ayoutManager.js")
    h "file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.notifications/contents/code/uip
    roperties.js" was expected at QUrl("file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasm
    a.notifications/contents/ui/uiproperties.js")
    libkcups: Create-Printer-Subscriptions last error: 0 successful-ok
    libkcups: Get-Jobs last error: 0 successful-ok
    libkcups: Get-Jobs last error: 0 successful-ok
    plasma-pk-updates: Is net online: false
    plasma-pk-updates: Is net mobile: false
    plasma-pk-updates: Is net online: false
    plasma-pk-updates: Is on battery: false
    plasma-pk-updates: Checking updates, forced
    Plasma Shell startup completed
    org.kde.plasmaquick: New Applet  "Application Launcher" with a weight of 100
    org.kde.plasmaquick: New Applet  "Digital Clock" with a weight of 60
    libkcups: 0
    libkcups: 0
    h "file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.battery/contents/code/logic.js"
     was expected at QUrl("file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.battery/con
    tents/ui/logic.js")
    networkmanager-qt: void NetworkManager::NetworkManagerPrivate::propertiesChanged(con
    st QVariantMap&) Unhandled property "AllDevices"
    networkmanager-qt: void NetworkManager::NetworkManagerPrivate::propertiesChanged(con
    st QVariantMap&) Unhandled property "Capabilities"
    st QVariantMap&) Unhandled property "ConnectivityCheckEnabled"
    st QVariantMap&) Unhandled property "Devices"
    st QVariantMap&) Unhandled property "GlobalDnsConfiguration"
    networkmanager-qt: virtual void NetworkManager::ActiveConnectionPrivate::propertyCha
    nged(const QString&, const QVariant&) Unhandled property "StateFlags"
    networkmanager-qt: virtual void NetworkManager::DevicePrivate::propertyChanged(const
     QString&, const QVariant&) Unhandled property "LldpNeighbors"
    networkmanager-qt: virtual void NetworkManager::DevicePrivate::propertyChanged(const
     QString&, const QVariant&) Unhandled property "Real"
    plasma-pk-updates: Is net online: true
    plasma-pk-updates: Daemon changed
    org.kde.plasmaquick: New Applet  "Audio Volume" with a weight of 50
    org.kde.plasmaquick: New Applet  "Clipboard" with a weight of 50
    org.kde.plasmaquick: New Applet  "Device Notifier" with a weight of 50
    org.kde.plasmaquick: New Applet  "KDE Connect" with a weight of 50
    org.kde.plasmaquick: New Applet  "Notifications" with a weight of 50
    org.kde.plasmaquick: New Applet  "Printers" with a weight of 50
    org.kde.plasmaquick: New Applet  "Software Updates" with a weight of 50
    org.kde.plasmaquick: New Applet  "Battery and Brightness" with a weight of 50
    org.kde.plasmaquick: New Applet  "Media Player" with a weight of 50
    org.kde.plasmaquick: New Applet  "Networks" with a weight of 50
    org.kde.plasmaquick: Delayed preload of  "Application Launcher" after 0 seconds
    KAStatsFavoritesModel::setFavorites is ignored
    KActivities: Database connection:  "kactivities_db_resources_139713653498112_readonl
    y"  
        query_only:          QVariant(qlonglong, 1)  
        journal_mode:        QVariant(QString, "wal")  
        wal_autocheckpoint:  QVariant(qlonglong, 100)  
        synchronous:         QVariant(qlonglong, 0)
    Closing SQL connection:  "kactivities_db_resources_139713653498112_readonly"
    org.kde.plasmaquick: Applet "Application Launcher" loaded after 99 msec
    plasma-pk-updates: Daemon changed
    master@myFX-precious:~> plasma-pk-updates: Transaction status changed: "setup" "(101
    %)"
    plasma-pk-updates: Transaction status changed: "setup" "(101%)"
    org.kde.plasmaquick: Delayed preload of  "Notifications" after 1.049 seconds
    org.kde.plasmaquick: Applet "Notifications" loaded after 0 msec
    plasma-pk-updates: Transaction status changed: "refresh-cache" "(0%)"
    org.kde.plasmaquick: Delayed preload of  "Battery and Brightness" after 1.597 second
    s
    org.kde.plasmaquick: Applet "Battery and Brightness" loaded after 26 msec
    PK error: "Empty destination in URI: hd:///?device=/dev/disk/by-id/usb-SanDisk_Ultra
    _USB_3.0_4C530001241006114322-0:0-part2" type: "repo-not-available"
    plasma-pk-updates: Transaction "/1_cebdcbea" finished with status "failed" in 1 seco
    nds
    plasma-pk-updates: Cache transaction didn't finish successfully
    plasma-pk-updates: Transaction status changed: "finished" "(36%)"
    Currrent active notifications: QHash()
    Guessing partOf as: 0
     New Notification:  "Ошибка обновления" "Empty destination in URI: hd:///?device=/de
    v/disk/by-id/usb-SanDisk_Ultra_USB_3.0_4C530001241006114322-0:0-part2" 0 & Part of: 
    file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.notifications/contents/ui/Notifica
    tionDelegate.qml:51:26: Unable to assign [undefined] to int
    file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.notifications/contents/ui/Notifica
    tionDelegate.qml:122:33: Unable to assign [undefined] to bool
    tionDelegate.qml:114:20: Unable to assign QJSValue to QImage
    org.kde.plasmaquick: Delayed preload of  "Device Notifier" after 2.606 seconds
    org.kde.plasmaquick: Applet "Device Notifier" loaded after 528 msec
    org.kde.plasmaquick: Delayed preload of  "Software Updates" after 2.691 seconds
    qml: Populating model
    org.kde.plasmaquick: Applet "Software Updates" loaded after 47 msec
    org.kde.plasmaquick: Delayed preload of  "Digital Clock" after 3.426 seconds
    org.kde.plasmaquick: Applet "Digital Clock" loaded after 94 msec
    org.kde.plasmaquick: Delayed preload of  "Clipboard" after 4.053 seconds
    org.kde.plasmaquick: Applet "Clipboard" loaded after 166 msec
    org.kde.plasmaquick: Delayed preload of  "Printers" after 4.148 seconds
    libkcups: Cancel-Subscription last error: 0 successful-ok
    libkcups: Create-Printer-Subscriptions last error: 0 successful-ok
    libkcups: CUPS-Get-Printers last error: 1030 Нет добавленных назначений.
    file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.printmanager/contents/ui/PopupDial
    og.qml:105:13: QML PropertyChanges: Cannot assign to non-existent property "tooltipT
    ext"
    file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.printmanager/contents/ui/PopupDial
    og.qml:105:13: QML PropertyChanges: Cannot assign to non-existent property "tooltipT
    ext"
    org.kde.plasmaquick: Applet "Printers" loaded after 10 msec
    org.kde.plasmaquick: Delayed preload of  "Media Player" after 4.15 seconds
    org.kde.plasmaquick: Applet "Media Player" loaded after 23 msec
    org.kde.plasmaquick: Delayed preload of  "Audio Volume" after 4.48 seconds
    org.kde.plasmaquick: Applet "Audio Volume" loaded after 93 msec
    org.kde.plasmaquick: Delayed preload of  "KDE Connect" after 4.426 seconds
    org.kde.plasmaquick: Applet "KDE Connect" loaded after 5 msec
    org.kde.plasmaquick: Delayed preload of  "Networks" after 4.247 seconds
    org.kde.plasmaquick: Applet "Networks" loaded after 44 msec

I cant't navigate to this particular section in settings. In console I see these messages when I try to:
    Code:
    QQuickWidget: Attempted to render scene with no contextcomposeAndFlush: makeCurrent() failed
    composeAndFlush: makeCurrent() failed
    Well, that's bad, but probably related.

I suspect this is the problem:
    Code:

QGLXContext: Failed to create dummy context

What graphics card are you using? Did you install any additional driver?
    Please post the file /var/log/Xorg.0.log, and the output of "glxinfo" (you may need to install Mesa-demo-x first).

My Graphic Card is ASUS RADEON HD7750-DCSL-1GD5. I tried to install new AMD drivers for this card for Leap 42.3 but that ended up in a black screen upon boot so I had to remove them. Older AMD drivers worked with this card well on previous versions of openSUSE (I think it worked on Leap 42.2).

`glxinfo`:

Code:
    :~> glxinfo
    name of display: :0
    X Error of failed request:  GLXBadContext
      Major opcode of failed request:  153 (GLX)
      Minor opcode of failed request:  6 (X_GLXIsDirect)
      Serial number of failed request:  51
      Current serial number in output stream:  50

Full /var/log/Xorg.0.log is too long for this forum so I posed it here. And this is the part that may be most relevant

Code:
    [    40.876] (--) Log file renamed from "/var/log/Xorg.pid-2611.log" to "/var/log/Xorg.0.log"[    40.888] 
    X.Org X Server 1.19.6
    Release Date: 2017-12-20
    [    40.888] X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
    [    40.888] Build Operating System: openSUSE SUSE LINUX
    [    40.888] Current Operating System: Linux myFX-precious.lan 4.12.14-lp150.10-default #1 SMP Fri Apr 27 13:11:28 UTC 2018 (c12551c) x86_64
    [    40.888] Kernel command line: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-4.12.14-lp150.10-default root=/dev/mapper/system-root resume=/dev/system/swap splash=silent quiet showopts resume=/dev/system/swap splash=silent quiet showopts resume=/dev/system/swap splash=silent quiet showopts resume=/dev/system/swap splash=silent quiet showopts
    [    40.888] Build Date: 17 April 2018  12:00:00PM
    [    40.888]  
    [    40.888] Current version of pixman: 0.34.0
    [    40.888]     Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org
        to make sure that you have the latest version.
    [    40.888] Markers: (--) probed, (**) from config file, (==) default setting,
        (++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
        (WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
    [    40.888] (==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Thu May  3 18:39:05 2018
    [    40.916] (==) Using config directory: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d"
    [    40.916] (==) Using system config directory "/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d"
    [    40.922] (==) No Layout section.  Using the first Screen section.
    [    40.923] (==) No screen section available. Using defaults.
    [    40.923] (**) |-->Screen "Default Screen Section" (0)
    [    40.923] (**) |   |-->Monitor "<default monitor>"
    [    40.923] (==) No monitor specified for screen "Default Screen Section".
        Using a default monitor configuration.
    [    40.923] (==) Automatically adding devices
    [    40.923] (==) Automatically enabling devices
    [    40.923] (==) Automatically adding GPU devices
    [    40.923] (==) Max clients allowed: 256, resource mask: 0x1fffff
    [    40.974] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/misc/sgi" does not exist.
    [    40.974]     Entry deleted from font path.
    [    40.976] (==) FontPath set to:
        /usr/share/fonts/misc:unscaled,
        /usr/share/fonts/Type1/,
        /usr/share/fonts/100dpi:unscaled,
        /usr/share/fonts/75dpi:unscaled,
        /usr/share/fonts/ghostscript/,
        /usr/share/fonts/cyrillic:unscaled,
        /usr/share/fonts/truetype/,
        built-ins
    [    40.976] (==) ModulePath set to "/usr/lib64/xorg/modules"
    [    40.976] (**) Extension "XFree86-DGA" is disabled
    [    40.976] (II) The server relies on udev to provide the list of input devices.
        If no devices become available, reconfigure udev or disable AutoAddDevices.
    [    40.976] (II) Loader magic: 0x55b4e57e8d00
    [    40.976] (II) Module ABI versions:
    [    40.976]     X.Org ANSI C Emulation: 0.4
    [    40.976]     X.Org Video Driver: 23.0
    [    40.976]     X.Org XInput driver : 24.1
    [    40.976]     X.Org Server Extension : 10.0
    [    40.977] (++) using VT number 7
    [    40.977] (II) systemd-logind: logind integration requires -keeptty and -keeptty was not provided, disabling logind integration
    [    40.978] (II) xfree86: Adding drm device (/dev/dri/card0)
    [    40.987] (--) PCI:*(0:1:0:0) 1002:683f:1043:0459 rev 0, Mem @ 0xc0000000/268435456, 0xfea00000/262144, I/O @ 0x0000e000/256, BIOS @ 0x????????/131072
    [    40.987] (II) LoadModule: "glx"
    [    40.988] (II) Loading /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/extensions/libglx.so
    [    41.082] (II) Module glx: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
    [    41.082]     compiled for 1.19.6, module version = 1.0.0
    [    41.082]     ABI class: X.Org Server Extension, version 10.0
    [    41.082] (II) Applying OutputClass "Radeon" to /dev/dri/card0
    [    41.082]     loading driver: radeon
    [    41.082] (II) Scanning /etc/X11/xorg_pci_ids directory for additional PCI ID's supported by the drivers
    [    41.082] (II) Scanning /etc/X11/xorg_pci_ids directory for additional PCI ID's supported by the drivers
    [    41.082] (==) Matched radeon as autoconfigured driver 0
    [    41.082] (==) Matched ati as autoconfigured driver 1
    [    41.082] (==) Matched ati as autoconfigured driver 2
    [    41.082] (==) Matched modesetting as autoconfigured driver 3
    [    41.082] (==) Matched fbdev as autoconfigured driver 4
    [    41.082] (==) Matched vesa as autoconfigured driver 5
    [    41.082] (==) Assigned the driver to the xf86ConfigLayout
    [    41.082] (II) LoadModule: "radeon"
    [    41.082] (II) Loading /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/drivers/radeon_drv.so
    [    41.123] (II) Module radeon: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
    [    41.123]     compiled for 1.19.6, module version = 18.0.1
    [    41.123]     Module class: X.Org Video Driver
    [    41.123]     ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 23.0
    [    41.123] (II) LoadModule: "ati"
    [    41.123] (II) Loading /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/drivers/ati_drv.so
    [    41.131] (II) Module ati: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
    [    41.131]     compiled for 1.19.6, module version = 18.0.1
    [    41.131]     Module class: X.Org Video Driver
    [    41.131]     ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 23.0
    [    41.254] (II) LoadModule: "modesetting"
    [    41.254] (II) Loading /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/drivers/modesetting_drv.so
    [    41.256] (II) Module modesetting: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
    [    41.256]     compiled for 1.19.6, module version = 1.19.6
    [    41.256]     Module class: X.Org Video Driver
    [    41.256]     ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 23.0
    [    41.256] (II) LoadModule: "fbdev"
    [    41.256] (II) Loading /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/drivers/fbdev_drv.so
    [    41.262] (II) Module fbdev: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
    [    41.262]     compiled for 1.19.6, module version = 0.4.4
    [    41.262]     Module class: X.Org Video Driver
    [    41.262]     ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 23.0
    [    41.262] (II) LoadModule: "vesa"
    [    41.262] (II) Loading /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/drivers/vesa_drv.so
    [    41.266] (II) Module vesa: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
    [    41.266]     compiled for 1.19.6, module version = 2.4.0
    [    41.266]     Module class: X.Org Video Driver
    [    41.266]     ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 23.0
    [    41.266] (II) RADEON: Driver for ATI/AMD Radeon chipsets:
        ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT, ATI Radeon HD 2900 Pro,
        ATI Radeon HD 2900 GT,  ATI Radeon HD 4870 x2,
        ATI Radeon HD 4850 x2, ATI Mobility RADEON HD 4850,
        ATI Mobility RADEON HD 4850 X2, 
        ATI Mobility RADEON HD 4870,  ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650,
         ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4670,
        ATI RV730XT [Radeon HD 4670], 
        ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series, ATI RV730 PRO [Radeon HD 4650],
    [    41.756] (II) Loading /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/libshadow.so
    [    41.768] (II) Module shadow: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
    [    41.768]     compiled for 1.19.6, module version = 1.1.0
    [    41.768]     ABI class: X.Org ANSI C Emulation, version 0.4
    [    41.768] (II) RADEON(0): KMS Color Tiling: disabled
    [    41.768] (II) RADEON(0): KMS Color Tiling 2D: disabled
    [    41.768] (II) RADEON(0): KMS Pageflipping: enabled
    [    41.768] (II) RADEON(0): SwapBuffers wait for vsync: enabled
    [    41.913] (II) RADEON(0): EDID for output DisplayPort-0
    [    41.976] (II) RADEON(0): EDID for output HDMI-0
    [    41.976] (II) RADEON(0): Manufacturer: AOC  Model: 2757  Serial#: 244
    [    41.976] (II) RADEON(0): Year: 2012  Week: 48
    [    41.976] (II) RADEON(0): EDID Version: 1.3
    [    41.976] (II) RADEON(0): Digital Display Input
    [    41.976] (II) RADEON(0): Max Image Size [cm]: horiz.: 60  vert.: 34
    [    41.976] (II) RADEON(0): Gamma: 2.20
    [    41.976] (II) RADEON(0): DPMS capabilities: Off
    [    41.976] (II) RADEON(0): Supported color encodings: RGB 4:4:4 YCrCb 4:4:4 
    [    41.976] (II) RADEON(0): First detailed timing is preferred mode
    [    41.976] (II) RADEON(0): redX: 0.640 redY: 0.338   greenX: 0.315 greenY: 0.623
    [    41.976] (II) RADEON(0): blueX: 0.151 blueY: 0.063   whiteX: 0.313 whiteY: 0.329
    [    41.976] (II) RADEON(0): Supported established timings:
    [    41.976] (II) RADEON(0): 720x400@70Hz
    [    41.976] (II) RADEON(0): 1280x1024@75Hz
    [    41.976] (II) RADEON(0): Manufacturer's mask: 0
    [    41.977] (II) RADEON(0): Supported standard timings:
    [    41.977] (II) RADEON(0): #0: hsize: 1920  vsize 1080  refresh: 60  vid: 49361
    [    41.977] (II) RADEON(0): #5: hsize: 1280  vsize 720  refresh: 60  vid: 49281
    [    41.977] (II) RADEON(0): Supported detailed timing:
    [    41.977] (II) RADEON(0): clock: 148.5 MHz   Image Size:  598 x 336 mm
    [    41.977] (II) RADEON(0): h_active: 1920  h_sync: 2008  h_sync_end 2052 h_blank_end 2200 h_border: 0
    [    41.977] (II) RADEON(0): v_active: 1080  v_sync: 1084  v_sync_end 1089 v_blanking: 1125 v_border: 0
    [    41.977] (II) RADEON(0): Ranges: V min: 50 V max: 76 Hz, H min: 30 H max: 83 kHz, PixClock max 175 MHz
    [    41.977] (II) RADEON(0): Monitor name: D2757
    [    41.977] (II) RADEON(0): Serial No: AUCCB9A000244
    [    41.977] (II) RADEON(0): clock: 27.0 MHz   Image Size:  598 x 336 mm
    [    41.977] (II) RADEON(0): h_active: 720  h_sync: 736  h_sync_end 798 h_blank_end 858 h_border: 0
    [    41.977] (II) RADEON(0): v_active: 480  v_sync: 489  v_sync_end 495 v_blanking: 525 v_border: 0
    [    41.977] (II) RADEON(0): clock: 74.2 MHz   Image Size:  598 x 336 mm
    [    41.977] (II) RADEON(0): h_active: 1280  h_sync: 1390  h_sync_end 1430 h_blank_end 1650 h_border: 0
    [    41.977] (II) RADEON(0): v_active: 720  v_sync: 725  v_sync_end 730 v_blanking: 746 v_border: 0
    [    41.977] (II) RADEON(0): clock: 27.0 MHz   Image Size:  598 x 336 mm
    [    41.977] (II) RADEON(0): h_active: 720  h_sync: 732  h_sync_end 796 h_blank_end 864 h_border: 0
    [    41.977] (II) RADEON(0): v_active: 576  v_sync: 581  v_sync_end 586 v_blanking: 625 v_border: 0
    [    41.977] (II) RADEON(0): Number of EDID sections to follow: 1
    [    41.977] (II) RADEON(0): EDID (in hex):
    [    41.977] (II) RADEON(0):     00ffffffffffff0005e35727f4000000
    [    41.977] (II) RADEON(0):     30160103803c22782aeed5a356509f26
    [    41.977] (II) RADEON(0):     105054bfef00d1c0b300950081808140
    [    41.977] (II) RADEON(0):     81c001010101023a801871382d40582c
    [    41.977] (II) RADEON(0):     450056502100001e000000fd00324c1e
    [    41.977] (II) RADEON(0):     5311000a202020202020000000fc0044
    [    41.977] (II) RADEON(0):     323735370a20202020202020000000ff
    [    41.977] (II) RADEON(0):     0041554343423941303030323434016f
    [    41.977] (II) RADEON(0):     02033bf14c1004050312141f13021101
    [    41.977] (II) RADEON(0):     2023090707830100007a030c001000b8
    [    41.977] (II) RADEON(0):     2d20c01001410e280810061810481078
    [    41.977] (II) RADEON(0):     10768810e3050301e2000f8c0ad08a20
    [    41.977] (II) RADEON(0):     e02d10103e9600565021000018011d00
    [    41.978] (II) RADEON(0):     7251d01a206e28550056502100001e8c
    [    41.978] (II) RADEON(0):     0ad090204031200c4055005650210000
    [    41.978] (II) RADEON(0):     18000000000000000000000000000054
    [    41.978] (--) RADEON(0): HDMI max TMDS frequency 225000KHz
    [    41.978] (II) RADEON(0): Printing probed modes for output HDMI-0
    [    41.978] (II) RADEON(0): Modeline "1920x1080"x60.0  148.50  1920 2008 2052 2200  1080 1084 1089 1125 +hsync +vsync (67.5 kHz eP)
    [    41.978] (II) RADEON(0): Modeline "1920x1080"x50.0  148.50  1920 2448 2492 2640  1080 1084 1089 1125 +hsync +vsync (56.2 kHz e)
    [    41.996] (II) RADEON(0): EDID for output DVI-0
    [    41.996] (II) RADEON(0): Output DisplayPort-0 disconnected
    [    41.996] (II) RADEON(0): Output HDMI-0 connected
    [    41.996] (II) RADEON(0): Output DVI-0 disconnected
    [    41.996] (II) RADEON(0): Using exact sizes for initial modes
    [    41.996] (II) RADEON(0): Output HDMI-0 using initial mode 1920x1080 +0+0
    [    41.996] (II) RADEON(0): mem size init: gart size :7fbcf000 vram size: s:40000000 visible:f3d4000
    [    41.996] (II) RADEON(0): EXA: Driver will allow EXA pixmaps in VRAM
    [    41.996] (==) RADEON(0): DPI set to (96, 96)
    [    41.996] (==) RADEON(0): Using gamma correction (1.0, 1.0, 1.0)
    [    41.997] (II) Unloading vesa
    [    41.997] (--) Depth 24 pixmap format is 32 bpp
    [    41.997] (II) RADEON(0): Front buffer size: 8100K
    [    41.997] (II) RADEON(0): VRAM usage limit set to 217335K
    [    41.997] (==) RADEON(0): DRI3 disabled
    [    41.997] (==) RADEON(0): Backing store enabled
    [    41.997] (WW) RADEON(0): Direct rendering disabled
    [    41.998] (II) RADEON(0): Acceleration disabled
    [    41.998] (==) RADEON(0): DPMS enabled
    [    41.998] (==) RADEON(0): Silken mouse enabled
    [    42.007] (II) AIGLX: Screen 0 is not DRI2 capable
    [    42.007] (EE) AIGLX: reverting to software rendering
    [    42.242] (II) IGLX: enabled GLX_MESA_copy_sub_buffer
    [    42.245] (II) IGLX: Loaded and initialized swrast
    [    42.245] (II) GLX: Initialized DRISWRAST GL provider for screen 0
    [    42.246] (II) RADEON(0): Setting screen physical size to 508 x 285
    [    42.690] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Power Button (/dev/input/event4)
    [    42.690] (II) LoadModule: "libinput"
    [    42.691] (II) Loading /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/input/libinput_drv.so
    [    42.740] (II) Module libinput: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
    [    42.741]     compiled for 1.19.6, module version = 0.27.1
    [    42.741]     Module class: X.Org XInput Driver
    [    42.741]     ABI class: X.Org XInput driver, version 24.1
    [    42.988] (II) This device may have been added with another device file.
    [    42.988] (II) config/udev: Adding input device (unnamed) (/dev/ttyS15)
    [    42.988] (II) No input driver specified, ignoring this device.
    [    42.988] (II) This device may have been added with another device file.
    [    42.988] (II) config/udev: Adding input device (unnamed) (/dev/ttyS16)

My Graphic Card is ASUS RADEON HD7750-DCSL-1GD5. I tried to install new AMD drivers for this card for Leap 42.3 but that ended up in a black screen upon boot so I had to remove them. Older AMD drivers worked with this card well on previous versions of openSUSE (I think it worked on Leap 42.2).
    fglrx doesn't work anymore since years because it hasn't been updated to support newer kernel and Xorg versions (I don't think it still worked in 42.2).
    And amdgpu pro likely doesn't support that card any more.

The open source drivers should be good enough though, in some cases it's even reported to be faster than fglrx anyway.

How did you install the AMD drivers?
    I would suspect there are some things left that break your system.

`glxinfo`:
    Code:
    :~> glxinfo
    name of display: :0
    X Error of failed request:  GLXBadContext
      Major opcode of failed request:  153 (GLX)
      Minor opcode of failed request:  6 (X_GLXIsDirect)
      Serial number of failed request:  51
      Current serial number in output stream:  50
    Well, GLX doesn't work at all.
    And that's the reason for your problems.

]Full /var/log/Xorg.0.log is too long for this forum so I posed it here. And this is the part that may be most relevant
    This seems to be the problem:
    Code:
    [    42.007] (II) AIGLX: Screen 0 is not DRI2 capable
    [    42.007] (EE) AIGLX: reverting to software rendering
    [    42.242] (II) IGLX: enabled GLX_MESA_copy_sub_buffer
    [    42.245] (II) IGLX: Loaded and initialized swrast
    [    42.245] (II) GLX: Initialized DRISWRAST GL provider for screen 0
    I.e. it falls back to software OpenGL rendering, and swrast cannot be loaded for some reason as glxinfo's output shows.

The question is why.

Try to reinstall the package Mesa-dri for a start:
    Code:
    sudo zypper in -f Mesa-dri
    Also, check that kernel-firmware is installed, and try to run "sudo mkinitrd" to recreate the initrd (which should make sure that radeon and the necessary firmware is included).
    Last edited by wolfi323; 03-May-2018 at 13:58.

would suspect there are some things left that break your system.
    That was the case. Maybe I didn't remove the repo with drivers after I uninstalled them on the Leap 42.3 and during the upgrade they were installed as amd drivers. I uninstalled amd-gpu-pro dirvers once again and the issue is gone. Thanks for the hint!