Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 48

Thread: Checking signatures for installation sources

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    25,270

    Default Re: Checking signatures for installation sources

    Quote Originally Posted by elfring View Post
    I hope so. - I would like to avoid the distraction because of a special repository selection.
    A more general remark then.
    When people here spend some of their spare time to try to help you and think they need more information from you, you are of course free to refuse for whatever reason. But do not be surprised then when people leave your thread and go for some more rewarding action, like get a beer, go walking or try to help in another thread.

    For many people coming here with a problem means they weren't able to solve it themselves. The reason for that may be many fold. Apart from a direct answer from somebody with outstanding knowledge about the matter, there are other ways that problems may get nearer to a solution. E.g. looking to the problem from a complete different side (one that never came to a OP's mind) might shed a lot of light and lead to solution. This approach means that people ask for info that the OP never thought about as being important. Refusing to provide it because OP insists on finding it of no use will cut off this approach completely. And alienate the OP from those potential helpers. Also for the future.
    Henk van Velden

  2. #12

    Question Re: Checking signatures for installation sources

    Quote Originally Posted by Knurpht View Post
    As long as we don't know abiut your repos, I have no option than to guess the blame for the issue lies in described mix of packages.
    • Do you occasionally dare to mix the available repositories for special requirements?
    • Would you eventually become interested in a clarification for the currently installed/active software dependencies?

  3. #13

    Question Re: Checking signatures for installation sources

    Quote Originally Posted by hcvv View Post
    Refusing to provide it because OP insists on finding it of no use will cut off this approach completely. And alienate the OP from those potential helpers.
    I imagine that a corresponding software behaviour clarification can also work without the repetition of another repository mixture. Are concrete dependencies between involved software components more relevant?

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Kamloops, BC, Canada
    Posts
    3,974

    Default Re: Checking signatures for installation sources

    OP no give requested information.

    Me no give solution.

    Bye.
    -Gerry Makaro
    Fraser-Bell Info Tech
    Solving Tech Mysteries since the Olden Days!
    ~~
    If I helped you, consider clicking the Star at the bottom left of my post.

  5. #15

    Default Re: Checking signatures for installation sources

    Having the same issue, even with just one repository (tumbleweed-oss) in repos.d:

    Code:
    surface:~ # cd /etc/zypp/repos.d 
    surface:/etc/zypp/repos.d # ls 
    tumbleweed_oss.repo 
    surface:/etc/zypp/repos.d # cat tumbleweed_oss.repo  
    [tumbleweed_oss] 
    name=Tumbleweed oss 
    enabled=1 
    autorefresh=0 
    baseurl=http://download.opensuse.org/tumbleweed/repo/oss/ 
    path=/ 
    type=rpm-md 
    priority=95 
    keeppackages=0 
    surface:/etc/zypp/repos.d # rm -rf /var/cache/zypp/* 
    surface:/etc/zypp/repos.d # zypper ref 
    Retrieving repository 'Tumbleweed oss' metadata -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[\] 
    Warning: File 'repomd.xml' from repository 'Tumbleweed oss' is signed with an unknown key ''. 
    
        Note: Signing data enables the recipient to verify that no modifications occurred after the data 
        were signed. Accepting data with no, wrong or unknown signature can lead to a corrupted system 
        and in extreme cases even to a system compromise. 
    
        Note: File 'repomd.xml' is the repositories master index file. It ensures the integrity of the 
        whole repo. 
    
        Warning: We can't verify that no one meddled with this file, so it might not be trustworthy 
        anymore! You should not continue unless you know it's safe. 
    
    File 'repomd.xml' from repository 'Tumbleweed oss' is signed with an unknown key ''. Continue? [yes/no] (no): 
    
    
    Any ideas how I can fix it?

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    27,109
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Checking signatures for installation sources

    Quote Originally Posted by cfeck View Post
    Having the same issue, even with just one repository (tumbleweed-oss) in repos.d:

    Code:
    surface:~ # cd /etc/zypp/repos.d 
    surface:/etc/zypp/repos.d # ls 
    tumbleweed_oss.repo 
    surface:/etc/zypp/repos.d # cat tumbleweed_oss.repo  
    [tumbleweed_oss] 
    name=Tumbleweed oss 
    enabled=1 
    autorefresh=0 
    baseurl=http://download.opensuse.org/tumbleweed/repo/oss/ 
    path=/ 
    type=rpm-md 
    priority=95 
    keeppackages=0 
    surface:/etc/zypp/repos.d # rm -rf /var/cache/zypp/* 
    surface:/etc/zypp/repos.d # zypper ref 
    Retrieving repository 'Tumbleweed oss' metadata -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[\] 
    Warning: File 'repomd.xml' from repository 'Tumbleweed oss' is signed with an unknown key ''. 
    
        Note: Signing data enables the recipient to verify that no modifications occurred after the data 
        were signed. Accepting data with no, wrong or unknown signature can lead to a corrupted system 
        and in extreme cases even to a system compromise. 
    
        Note: File 'repomd.xml' is the repositories master index file. It ensures the integrity of the 
        whole repo. 
    
        Warning: We can't verify that no one meddled with this file, so it might not be trustworthy 
        anymore! You should not continue unless you know it's safe. 
    
    File 'repomd.xml' from repository 'Tumbleweed oss' is signed with an unknown key ''. Continue? [yes/no] (no): 
    
    
    Any ideas how I can fix it?
    Hi
    Based on the information I would guess you manually added the repo and did not include the option to import the key....

    Remove and re-add via;
    Code:
    zypper ar -f -g -n "Tumbleweed oss" https://download.opensuse.org/tumbleweed/repo/oss/ tumbleweed_oss
    
    Not sure why you want it to be a lower priority from the default 99, that can create issues.
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  7. #17

    Default Re: Checking signatures for installation sources

    Same issue after removing and adding the repo using the command from above.

  8. #18

    Default Re: Checking signatures for installation sources

    95 is a _higher_ priority than 99, btw

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    27,109
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Checking signatures for installation sources

    Quote Originally Posted by cfeck View Post
    95 is a _higher_ priority than 99, btw
    Hi
    Yes, but the way zypper works these days by switching won't let that happen properly from other repos, just a zypper dup is all that's needed.
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    27,109
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Checking signatures for installation sources

    Quote Originally Posted by cfeck View Post
    Same issue after removing and adding the repo using the command from above.
    Hi
    So what is the output from;
    Code:
    rpm -qa |grep pubkey
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE SLE, openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed (x86_64) | GNOME DE
    If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
    please show your appreciation and click on the star below... Thanks!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •