Thread: LibreOffice corrupted after kernel update

Default LibreOffice corrupted after kernel update

Accepted the daily update, this time to kernel 4.4.126-48 plus several other updates on 18.04.2018

Starting LibreOffice shows it to be corrupted, blinking back and forth, menus going round and round, etc. All LibreOffice applications are affected.

This on a AMD Ryzen 7 system, any similar experiences ??

Default Re: LibreOffice corrupted after kernel update

Sounds like a graphics driver issue.

Try to uninstall drm-kmp-default and see if it helps. I think I read there are some (known) problems with the latest one.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Sounds like a graphics driver issue.

Try to uninstall drm-kmp-default and see if it helps. I think I read there are some (known) problems with the latest one.
    First tried unconditional update of all LibreOffice files in Yast, no change, still corrupted

uninstall drm-kmp-default ... not a good idea, after uninstall LibreOffice still corrupted, reboot, black screen with a big mouse pointer, game over.

re-install system, with all updates via repositories ... libreOffice corrupted and system hangs when mouse pointer touches something not to its liking, I had this particular hanging up problem when first installed 42.3 but updates seemed to mitigate the issue.

LibreOffice is the only one displaying these problems so far ...

And what desktop are you using?

You shouldn't have had to reinstall the system. You probably should have been able to login to IceWM (press Ctrl+Alt+Backspace twice to get back to the login screen) or text mode (Ctrl+Alt+F1), or you could have tried booting with "nomodeset" to use a generic driver...
    Just installing drm-kmp-default again should have fixed your system.

Anyway, try to uninstall libreoffice's GNOME and/or KDE integration depending on what's installed:
    libreoffice-kde4
    libreoffice-gtk3
    libreoffice-gnome
    Last edited by wolfi323; 21-Apr-2018 at 16:58.

Looks as though we can close this thread as LibreOffice is again working as it should, why it stopped or started working is a mystery though ...