Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trash is not accessible!

Hybrid View

Default Trash is not accessible!

This has bugged me for a while, I googled for days and have not yet found a solution.
    What happened: When I click on Trash in nautilus, it shows "Sorry, could not display all the contents of "trash:///": The specified location is not supported."

What I did: I occasionally recover my system using backintime, I do full file system backup and recover except my home folder.
    What I tried: I have Trash folder in ~/.local/share/, and I have /files and /info folders in my Trash folder. The permission is 700. I can use move to Trash from file manager, but I have to use terminal to go the ~/.local/share/files and rm to empty trash. I have tried other file manager other than nautilus, that I have the same problem, so it seems not to be the problem with the file manager. And I tried creating a new user, but the new user still cannot access to the Trash. So it seems to be some global setting.

Where is the setting that I can change the directory of my trash or get this fixed? PS: Desktop Environment: Gnome
    Thanks

Default Re: Trash is not accessible!

Do you have ~/Desktop/trash.desktop and what is inside?
    Henk van Velden

If you want to see what's in that folder, open the terminal > su -> nautilus> and follow the path> /root/.local/share/Trash/files/
    Here you find the files you put in the Root Trash

I use bleachbit as root to clean that folder

Quote Originally Posted by enziosavio View Post
    If you want to see what's in that folder, open the terminal > su -> nautilus> and follow the path> /root/.local/share/Trash/files/
    Here you find the files you put in the Root Trash

I use bleachbit as root to clean that folder
    Why do you think the OP is talking about a trash of the root user?

That should not exist btw, because trash is typical for a desktop environment and as root you should never run a desktop environment.
    Henk van Velden

Never used gnome but have had a similiar issue with kde. To resolve that I deleted the trash folder as root and the system then created a new trash folder which worked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by dth2 View Post
    Never used gnome but have had a similiar issue with kde. To resolve that I deleted the trash folder as root and the system then created a new trash folder which worked fine.
    I tried deleted trash folder, and right click any file, select "move to Trash", then a new trash folder was created, which I can access through terminal or manually. However, the trash menu in the left of file manager is still not accessible, same error.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frank777777777 View Post
    I tried deleted trash folder, and right click any file, select "move to Trash", then a new trash folder was created, which I can access through terminal or manually. However, the trash menu in the left of file manager is still not accessible, same error.
    Then this item in 'Places' does not point to something in your homedir. Right click it to remove it from the filemanager.
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board#Members
    http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

Quote Originally Posted by Knurpht View Post
    Then this item in 'Places' does not point to something in your homedir. Right click it to remove it from the filemanager.
    I can't. You can only remove 'Places' that is added by user only...

So is it clearer?

Because it's like that, I have Gnome, and it's always been like that.
    trash: /// is like a link, and it's trash when you start Nautilus as a super user ... trust me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast