Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is the possibility of work of screensaver kclock.kss in Plasma 5?

Default Is the possibility of work of screensaver kclock.kss in Plasma 5?

Is the possibility of work of screensaver kclock.kss in Plasma 5?
    I'm going to upgrade my 13.2 to Tumbleweed and would like to leave my favourite applications.
    Can I use old screensaver kclock from kdeartwork4 in Plasma 5?
    I don’t find a solution and hope to your advices, thank you for a possible help.

Default Re: Is the possibility of work of screensaver kclock.kss in Plasma 5?

There the talking is about xscreensaver. It works OK.
    I want to run kclock.kss screensaver from kdeartwork4 and don't know how.
    kdeartwork4-screensaver is already installed on the tested TW. What else can I do?

Unhappy Re: Is the possibility of work of screensaver kclock.kss in Plasma 5?

Added:
    I can run file /usr/bin/kclock.kss from console and clock works with default settings.
    How can control this application, for example by script? (run after 30 min of inactivity, set full screen above all windows, preferred screensaver settings and others parameters).
    Alas, I'm not a programmer and I can not write scripts and other code.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jp73 View Post
    Added:
    I can run file /usr/bin/kclock.kss from console and clock works with default settings.
    How can control this application, for example by script? (run after 30 min of inactivity, set full screen above all windows, preferred screensaver settings and others parameters).
    Alas, I'm not a programmer and I can not write scripts and other code.
    I don't think you can. KDE4 is a completely different beast than KDE Plasma5. Over the past couple of years all the KDE apps have been rewriten, en KDE4 is considered dead now.
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board#Members
    http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

Quote Originally Posted by Knurpht View Post
    I don't think you can. KDE4 is a completely different beast than KDE Plasma5.
    If /usr/bin/kclock.kss is copied from openSUSE-13.2 to Tumbleweed /usr/local/bin it can be run from bash without problems. I did not work out how to add it to the screensavers.
    ~Thank you for sharing an interesting problem.
    --
    slàinte mhath,
    rayH

I don't think you can. KDE4 is a completely different beast than KDE Plasma5. Over the past couple of years all the KDE apps have been rewriten, en KDE4 is considered dead now.
    The application kclock.kss is started manually and works correctly in my Tumbleweed.
    I need a script to run this application for screensavers in accordance with standard rules, for example: start after 30 minutes of inactivity, work in full screen mode on top of all windows for 6 hours, exit from the screensaver with the space bar or mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by eng-int View Post
    If /usr/bin/kclock.kss is copied from openSUSE-13.2 to Tumbleweed /usr/local/bin it can be run from bash without problems. I did not work out how to add it to the screensavers.
    Yes, the simplest bash script runs this screensaver.
    However, my knowledge of writing scripts is very insignificant, and I do not know how to set the necessary parameters for the screensaver to work as needed.
    Command /usr/bin/kclock.kss --setup allows to configure only the appearance of the application.
    Maybe in my 13.2 there is already a configured config file for the application.
    Where can it be located and can I transfer it to Tumbleweed?
    Are there ways to create a file directly in Tumbleweed or set the parameters directly from the script?

Blog Entries

Have a look at the Powersaving settings in Systemsettings. This has an option to run a script after X minutes. AFAICS it would only require a bash script that actually starts the screensaver.
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board#Members
    http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

Have a look at the Powersaving settings in Systemsettings. This has an option to run a script after X minutes. AFAICS it would only require a bash script that actually starts the screensaver.
    Thank You for info, really the setting "Run script" is presented there!
    It can help me.
    Now I try to set parameters of the window of screensaver (full screen mode on top of all windows).

I set parameters of the window of screensaver (full screen mode on top of all windows), I hope correctly.
    How can I configure exit from screensaver by a mouse and (or) Space bar? Currently I push Alt+F3 and then use appearing window for exit.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast