Cannot not execute gajim

Hi,

my problem is that I can not execute gajim. The first problem was the missing python cairo library. I have installed and now I get the following error message:

user@localhost:~> gajim
/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/gajim/gtkgui_helpers.py:58: TypeError: Passing arguments to gi.types.Boxed.__init__() is deprecated. All arguments passed will be ignored.
  BLACK = Gdk.RGBA(red=0, green=0, blue=0, alpha=1)
/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/gajim/gtkgui_helpers.py:59: TypeError: Passing arguments to gi.types.Boxed.__init__() is deprecated. All arguments passed will be ignored.
  GREEN = Gdk.RGBA(red=115/255, green=210/255, blue=22/255, alpha=1)
/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/gajim/gtkgui_helpers.py:60: TypeError: Passing arguments to gi.types.Boxed.__init__() is deprecated. All arguments passed will be ignored.
  RED = Gdk.RGBA(red=204/255, green=0, blue=0, alpha=1)
/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/gajim/gtkgui_helpers.py:61: TypeError: Passing arguments to gi.types.Boxed.__init__() is deprecated. All arguments passed will be ignored.
  GREY = Gdk.RGBA(red=195/255, green=195/255, blue=192/255, alpha=1)
/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/gajim/gtkgui_helpers.py:62: TypeError: Passing arguments to gi.types.Boxed.__init__() is deprecated. All arguments passed will be ignored.
  ORANGE = Gdk.RGBA(red=245/255, green=121/255, blue=0/255, alpha=1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/gajim/gajim.py", line 266, in _activate
    self.interface = Interface()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/gajim/gui_interface.py", line 2928, in __init__
    self.systray = statusicon.StatusIcon()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/gajim/statusicon.py", line 53, in __init__
    self.xml.connect_signals(self)
ValueError: Pointer arguments are restricted to integers, capsules, and None. See: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=683599

Have anybody an idea to solve this?

Thanks in advance
Björn

Am not having any problems running gajim installed from the OSS.
Where did you get your gajim package?

Also,
The install log did not describe installing python-cairo.
Are installing a plugin that requires python-cairo?

TSU

Now, I have deinstalled python-cairo and I get the first error message again:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/gajim/gajim.py", line 267, in _activate
    from gajim.gui_interface import Interface
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/gajim/gui_interface.py", line 62, in <module>
    from gajim import gtkgui_helpers
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/gajim/gtkgui_helpers.py", line 37, in <module>
    import cairo
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'cairo'

Here the output from zypper info gajim:

Informationen zu Paket gajim:
-----------------------------
Repository         : Haupt-Repository (OSS)                
Name               : gajim                                 
Version            : 1.0.1-1.1                             
Arch               : noarch                                
Anbieter           : openSUSE                              
Installierte Größe : 11,3 MiB                              
Installiert        : Ja                                    
Status             : aktuell                               
Quellpaket         : gajim-1.0.1-1.1.src                   
Zusammenfassung    : XMPP client written in Python and Gtk3

It is possible the problem is the installed python version 3.6?

For documentation: I have removed gajim and use pidgin, now. It support OMEMO, too. I have install the follwoing packages to get pidgin with OMEMO support:

sudo zypper install libpurple-plugin-lurch pidgin

Re gajim: you may have installed the wrong python package. Tw has both python2 and python3 available, python3 should be the default on Tw now.