Thread: permanent console font change: CONSOLE_FONT in /etc/sysconfig/console gets ignored

Default permanent console font change: CONSOLE_FONT in /etc/sysconfig/console gets ignored

Hi,
    my notebook has a high resolution display, thats why i installed the "terminus-bitmap-fonts" package and change my console (real console via ALT+CNTRL + F1) font using:
    Code:
    setfont ter-132n
    which works nice. But now i want to make this change permanent for all users, and ideally for the console output pre-login also.
    So i changed the CONSOLE_FONT entry in /etc/sysconfig/console from empty to "ter-132n" but it seems that this simply gets ignored (reboot does not help).

Default Re: permanent console font change: CONSOLE_FONT in /etc/sysconfig/console gets ignored

I'm not sure about Tumbleweed, it does work in Leap 42.3 here.

But, you need to run "sudo mkinitrd" after changing /etc/sysconfig/console, the settings are applied very early on boot, before the root partition is mounted.

Default Re: permanent console font change: CONSOLE_FONT in /etc/sysconfig/console gets ignored

PS: you might also try to set the font via "FONT=xxx" in /etc/vconsole.conf instead, see "man vconsole.conf". (and again, run "sudo mkinitrd" to be sure)

The problem may be that this setting in /etc/sysconfig/console is no longer respected, but I'm not sure about that...

using vconsole.conf worked, no mkinitrd needed. Thank you.