Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Running for Election to the openSUSE Board

Default Running for Election to the openSUSE Board

I am running for Election to the openSUSE Board.

Many of you already know me, but here is some more information, including the reasons I want to join the Board.
    https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Boa...rm_Fraser_Bell

I hope some of you support me in this quest, but if not voting for me, make sure you at least participate in the election. Vote for someone you believe will do the job most like the way you want to see it done.

You can find information about the election here:
    https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board_election
    "Take a Walk on a Sunny Day, Greet everyone along the way, and Make Somebody Smile, Today"
    Gerry Jack Macks"Walk On A Sunny Day" GerryJackMacks.net

Default Re: Running for Election to the openSUSE Board

I though I added a post here. Lost?

In any case, I read the page, but fail to see whwre to click to add an endorsement (others seem to be more intelligent then me).

Also read the page about the voting. It seems that you have to be an "openSUSE member" to be allowed to vote. I guess that "openSUSE member" is different from "openSUSE user", but what is it?
    Henk van Velden

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hcvv View Post

In any case, I read the page, but fail to see whwre to click to add an endorsement (others seem to be more intelligent then me).

Also read the page about the voting. It seems that you have to be an "openSUSE member" to be allowed to vote. I guess that "openSUSE member" is different from "openSUSE user", but what is it?
    Login with your usual openSUSE creds, and you'll see 'Bewerken' next to 'Endorsements'. Click that, look at how the others did it. Your name needs to be ( I loooooooove logic ) between pairs of single quotes.
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

Well, having heard something about a "single login", I assumed I was seen by that page as someone to be trusted .

It worked, thanks Gertjan.

PS, the pairs of single quotes seem to generate italics.
    Last edited by hcvv; 23-Mar-2018 at 13:10.
    Henk van Velden

Blog Entries

There's an explicit joining process. I was commenting on that here.

Refer to this as well
    https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Members

I am not sure I want to become a member only to be able to vote for my two friends here.

A case of "I will never want to be a member of a club that accepts me as a member"?
    Henk van Velden

I am not sure I want to become a member only to be able to vote for my two friends here.

A case of "I will never want to be a member of a club that accepts me as a member"?
    LOL!

To the others: Maybe we should arbitrarily give him a membership so he is a member of one of those clubs.
    "Take a Walk on a Sunny Day, Greet everyone along the way, and Make Somebody Smile, Today"

Thanks, Gertjan, Henk, and Lee, for the endorsements.

With endorsements like that, I am beginning to consider voting for me.

Blog Entries

Well my first application was rejected several years ago (as I've mentioned before), and I'm not inclined to go through their 'exclusive' process again to prove I'm worthy of such membership. Serving as a moderator here on the forums for several years as well as bug reporting when necessary should be sufficient IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by deano_ferrari View Post
    Serving as a moderator here on the forums for several years as well as bug reporting when necessary should be sufficient IMHO.
    IMHO, as well.

But, rejected?

I am looking forward to changes in the qualification requirements that Richard is working towards/proposing.

I think openSUSE membership should be much more inclusive and welcoming.

If there is concern about some of the cloaking or anything like that, perhaps there should be a tier system, such as a probationary period level?

But, requirement for membership should need not a heck of a lot more qualification than the desire to join, IMHO ... perhaps some small amount of positive contribution, perhaps even some tie to a Forum User's reputation points.

Anyway, all in discussion, currently, and changes in this regard are what I would personally push for.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast