Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: libffmpeg.so and Opera browser issue.

Default Re: libffmpeg.so and Opera browser issue.

Quote Originally Posted by karlmistelberger View Post
    The above link is provided by the opera package.
    Well, there is no /usr/lib64/opera/lib_extra/libffmpeg.so in the opera package at all.
    It only contains a *file* /usr/lib/opera/libffmpeg.so as mentioned previously, which obviously is "crippled"...

But apparently ffmpeg-chromium-extra in Packman has been updated meanwhile to include that symlink.
    From the package changelog:
    Code:
    Sat Mar 24 00:09:38 UTC 2018 - fisiu@opensuse.org 
    - Make symlink to allow Opera find libffmpeg.so.
    So the issue is "solved" meanwhile (or better, "workarounded" in Packman's ffmpeg-chromium-extra package ).

Default Re: libffmpeg.so and Opera browser issue.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Well, there is no /usr/lib64/opera/lib_extra/libffmpeg.so in the opera package at all.
    It only contains a *file* /usr/lib/opera/libffmpeg.so as mentioned previously, which obviously is "crippled"...

But apparently ffmpeg-chromium-extra in Packman has been updated meanwhile to include that symlink.
    From the package changelog:
    Code:
    Sat Mar 24 00:09:38 UTC 2018 - fisiu@opensuse.org 
    - Make symlink to allow Opera find libffmpeg.so.
    So the issue is "solved" meanwhile (or better, "workarounded" in Packman's ffmpeg-chromium-extra package ).
    Confirmed:

Code:
    erlangen:~ # rpm -qf /usr/lib64/opera/lib_extra/libffmpeg.so
    chromium-ffmpeg-extra-64.0.3282.134-7.1.x86_64
    erlangen:~ # ll /usr/lib64/opera/lib_extra/libffmpeg.so
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 40 Mar 24 04:51 /usr/lib64/opera/lib_extra/libffmpeg.so -> ../../chromium-ffmpeg-extra/libffmpeg.so
    erlangen:~ #
    I had already verified with the above commands, but mixed up the package names in my previous post.
    AMD Athlon 4850e (2009), openSUSE 13.1, KDE 4, Intel i3-4130 (2014), i7-6700K (2016), i5-8250U (2018), openSUSE Tumbleweed, KDE Plasma 5

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12