Thread: Trying to update the system, SUSEfirewall conflicts with firewalld

Default Trying to update the system, SUSEfirewall conflicts with firewalld

I'm trying to update my system with the default sudo zypper dup, I get this conflict:

Code:
    Problem: SuSEfirewall2-3.6.378-2.1.noarch conflicts with firewalld provided by firewalld-0.5.1-1.1.noarch
     Solution 1: Following actions will be done:
      deinstallation of firewalld-0.5.1-1.1.noarch
      deinstallation of firewalld-lang-0.5.1-1.1.noarch
      deinstallation of firewall-config-0.5.1-1.1.noarch
     Solution 2: deinstallation of SuSEfirewall2-3.6.378-1.1.noarch
     Solution 3: keep obsolete SuSEfirewall2-3.6.378-1.1.noarch

What should I do?

And talking about firewalls, is there a way to migrate configurations from SUSEfirewall to firewalld?

Or, at least, access the old configuration of SUSEfirewall, either from some file or from a CLI, in order to manually read it and replicate the settings in the new Yast interface (that apparently can't control SUSEfirewall anymore)?

Default Re: Trying to update the system, SUSEfirewall conflicts with firewalld

Thank you.

Like I said, before having to completely remove SUSEfirewall, I'd like to be able to access its configuration somehow, to review the settings and replicate them in the new program. Any ideas?

your susefirewall2 config can be found in /etc/sysconfig/. its a shame one cannot access by gui to see a clearer overview of current setup. for the conflict i 'assume' it would be ok to choose 3 since this is an 'engineered' conflict (also a temporary bug). [i choose 2 since i now use firewalld]