Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remove libwacom

Default Remove libwacom

Hello,
    I use Opensuse TW KDE.
    I try to make a lightweight distribution. I uninstall everything I did not need.
    I tried to uninstall libwacom-data and libwacom2. Zypper want to uninstall everything.
    Are this packages so important so that i cannot remove it without remove everything?
    Thank you.

Default Re: Remove libwacom

Quote Originally Posted by another_roadrunner View Post
    Are this packages so important so that i cannot remove it without remove everything?
    Well, libwacom2 is required by libinput which is indeed a very important package (if you want a graphical system at least):
    Code:
    $ rpm -e --test libwacom2
    error: Failed dependencies:
            libwacom.so.2()(64bit) is needed by (installed) libinput10-1.5.0-3.5.x86_64
            libwacom.so.2()(64bit) is needed by (installed) gnome-control-center-3.20.1-17.1.x86_64
            libwacom.so.2()(64bit) is needed by (installed) gnome-settings-daemon-3.20.1-15.1.x86_64
    It's removing libinput that causes "everything" to be removed as a consequence...

I suppose it would be possible to build libinput without libwacom2, but that would result in disabling the corresponding functionality completely, for everybody.

But is this really a problem for you?
    libwacom2 and libwacom-data are together about 300 KiB on the hard disk...

No it is not a big problem.
    For me libwacom was not a important package (but it seems that I am wrong) so I was wondering why I cannot remove it.
    And I did not know that command "rpm -e --test .....". But every day people learn something.
    I tried with "zypper info --requires libwacom2". But was not enough.
    One of the reasons I use Opensuse is because this forum.
    Thank you very much.

Blog Entries

Just to add: removing packages is not going to make your system 'lighter'. Lots of libraries will just sit there on your harddisk, doing nothing until you start something that needs them.
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

Quote Originally Posted by Knurpht View Post
    Just to add: removing packages is not going to make your system 'lighter'. Lots of libraries will just sit there on your harddisk, doing nothing until you start something that needs them.
    I am aware of that that.
    I only try to make my menu "lighter".
    I remove applications that I don't need (games, digikam, software updates etc.) with "zypper rm -u package". When I try to remove Wacom Tablet, zypper wanted to remove all system.
    So, after I read and I did not find a solution, I ask a question on this forum and received a good answer faster than I expected.
    Thank you.

I only try to make my menu "lighter".
    Ok, but libwacom2 or libwacom-data don't have a menu entry either...

Quote Originally Posted by wolfi323 View Post
    Ok, but libwacom2 or libwacom-data don't have a menu entry either...

You are right.
    But when I want to remove "Wacom Tablet" from menu with "zypper rm -u ...." this probleme arose (because when I remove a package I want to remove all dependencies I did not need). And I started to dig to find the package who wanted to remove my whole system.
    This is the way I have come to want to remove this packages.

But when I want to remove "Wacom Tablet" from menu with "zypper rm -u ...." this probleme arose
    And what "menu" are you talking about here then?

And/or what exactly did you try to uninstall with "zypper rm ..."?

The only "Wacom Tablet" menu entry I found on my system is part of gnome-control-center itself, i.e. you *cannot* uninstall it without removing the whole gnome-control-center.
    That one has a "NoDisplay=true" though, so should not be displayed in the standard application menu (if the desktop you use does show it, it's a bug).
    Last edited by wolfi323; 13-Mar-2018 at 02:36.

When I want to remove Wacom Tablet, I cannot because zypper want to remove my whole system.
    I begin to seach....
    A write "zypper search wacom" and I begin to remove all wacom's packages.
    I was able to remove some packages without problems (and Wacom Tablet disappeared from my menu).
    When I trid to remove this 2 packages, the problem arose.
    This is the way I did it.

PS. Yes, my desktop show it. I did not realize that is a bug. I install Opensuse on two PC (intel and amd) and both show it.

When I want to remove Wacom Tablet, I cannot because zypper want to remove my whole system.
    But how exactly did you try to remove "Wacom Tablet"?
    There's no package by that name...

PS. Yes, my desktop show it. I did not realize that is a bug. I install Opensuse on two PC (intel and amd) and both show it.
    And what desktop is this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast