ADM Ryzen and Crossfire

How is the support for Crossfire and the new Ryzen CPU’s? Does Crossfire work? Any driver issues? Should I go tumbleweed or leap? Getting ready to build a desktop to support Virtual Machines and maybe some gaming. What would be recommended?

Crossfire works fine, but the problem is that basically no games on linux support it. Ryzen is also fully supported.

If you’re building a new system, I would just buy one GPU. Even on a Windows system, I wouldn’t bother with crossfire anymore. It’s a headache and the game support is spotty, at best.

Ryzen is OK. I have a R5 1600x after 17 years of Intel. And I do not complain at all.
I don’t know about Crossfire.

I own a mid-2017 AVA Direct gaming desktop PC and I own three AMD GPUs:

2x ASUS ROG STRIX AMD Radeon RX580-O8G 8GB GDDR5 GPUs
1x ASUS ROG STRIX AMD Radeon RX Vega 64-O8G 8GB HBM2 GPU

Modern GNU/Linux distributions detect both AMD Radeon RX580 GPUs, but AMD has not announced any support for Crossfire using their latest xDNA GPUs; xDNA GPUs do not require a Crossfire bridge to connect the two GPUs together and AMD only supports this technology for Microsoft Windows 10 64 bit Home and Pro versions. This is why I spent a fortune for my single AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 GPU. However, I created a thread in this sub-forum to open up a discussion about its compatibility with regards to OpenSuSE Tumbleweed 64 bit. Basically, MESA 18.0, Linux kernel 4.15.x AMD64, and the open source AMDGPU ship with snapshot two, but LLVM 5.0.0 also ships. LLVM 6.0.0 is required to turn on 3D hardware graphics acceleration for RX Vega 56 and 64 so a future Tumbleweed snapshot version should provide decent compatibility right out of the box. I would wait until RX Vega pricing comes down closer to their original MSRPs before investing at this time. Pricing is sky high and availability is low due to cryptocurrency mining.